Do you ever miss your pets that passed away long time ago? :( - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 03:50 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored

Do you ever miss your pets that passed away long time ago? :(

My lil bunny died around 2.5 years ago, but up to this day, when I look at his photos I still feel sad
he was so cute and friendly and would jump up to my bed whenever I came back from work or try to lick or nib my feet so I would feed him lol
anyone else has this issue?
Attached Thumbnails
IMAGE 2020-07-31 12:49:02.jpg   IMAGE 2020-07-31 12:49:10.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 03:57 AM
bipolar boy

Yep, I miss our dogs a lot. They were part of our family for the last 15 or more years - I miss most things about that time.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 04:32 AM
⚾🚀📝📸🎬💾🎲⛰🍪💡

Language: None
I miss my cats that died 15 and 26 years ago, and dream about them sometimes. It's normal.

Play The Social Anxiety Game

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 05:56 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Yes. My first dog lived a good long life so I guess I don't miss her as much. And she died in 2001 so I guess almost 20 years is the amount of time it takes for some of the pain to fade. But it still hurts to think about the day she died.

My second dog became very sick and died a lingering and horrible death and I guess that's why it still hurts so bad. That I did everything I could to prevent it but it was made way worse than it had to be due to my mother's terrible handling of it, her avoidance of the reality of it and her stingy ways (with money). I never got a chance to spend some time with her without the suffering before she died and maybe that is the worst. She just wasn't herself for weeks before she died and all that time I was fighting to find a way to save her. It just sucked so bad.

EDIT - Forgot to say that she technically wasn't MY dog. She was the family dog. But you don't spend 12 years with a pet and not miss them. My mother was the one who bought her (and no one asked her to). But then when she started getting sick my mother wouldn't do a damn thing to try and save her until almost the end (so the surgery she had had practically no chance of helping) because she didn't want to spend the money. And it was money she had too. It wasn't like she was struggling to pay the bills. We had months of warning that something was wrong but she wouldn't take her to the vet. When she finally did, she didn't tell them there's definitely something wrong so they just looked her over and said "Oh, she's probably fine. Bring her back if she doesn't get better".

/WYSD
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 06:37 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Doh
I had a bunny named Twister that I miss, he got to be fairly old. I took him to school with me for show and tell and we had a sandbox out back when I was little that we would make tunnels in. Very friendly bunny, he would stand up on his two back feet begging for carrots!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 12:38 PM
A Person

My Mood: Worried
Yes. There's a part of them that will always stay with you <3

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 01:06 PM
Stoicism / ACT / CFT

Language: English
Yeh I miss my cat "pigeon". 25 years ago maybe?

Compassion focused therapy audio, guided meditations:

https://balancedminds.com/audio/
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 02:51 PM
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic

My Mood: Crappy
I still miss my cats who passed in 2001 and 2016, and other pets as well. I try to visit their graves on the anniversaries, and sometimes donate to the local Humane Society then too.

The idea of the "Rainbow Bridge" with my pets crossing over to wait indefinitely in some strange place without me hurts too much. I like to imagine their ghosts sleep in the house during the day, and wander around at night and that's why sometimes our current cat goes running off and meowing at nothing. I make cat beds out of blankets on my bed so they have a place to sleep during the day, in the sunlight.

I made a piece of art for my previous cat and my current one. I call it "I'm Still Here."

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 03:13 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
I had a bunny 16 years ago, and not even for long (6 months) before my mother forced me to give him away, but I still think about him and my time with him to this day. He was a wonderful rabbit and I missed him often.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 03:16 PM

Language: American English, some Spanish
I grieved longer than I 'should have' after my first dog had to be put down. She was a total sweetheart and lived to be sixteen. I wasn't going to accept another dog but then my mother taken one in through a friend's daughter who could no longer take care of him some years later.

The second being my first cat who had to be put down back in 2018. He was seventeen, and we had him for roughly sixteen years. The fact that we waited too long to put him down is what gets me more so than the loss itself since he was inevitably in so much pain.

There have been small pets in between. I think one that hit the hardest was a Syrian hamster given to me. Developed a small bond until about a half of the year later and then had to be put down (in hopes that the vet could do something but it ended up beginning to die on the table while being examined.)
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 04:20 PM
UnDeRrAtED

Language: SPanish and English fluently
my first dog passed away of the parvo virus as a puppy then my second dog i took to a animal shelter when i shoudlnt have, but the third dog i had passed away after 15 years of living with me and he pretty much surpassed his life span considering he was a large dog and still have dreams of him.

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence and than success is sure," Mark Twain

-------------------------------------------------------
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 06:44 PM
I am Jack's cold sweat

Had a dog I loved that died at only like 3 years old. He was such a cute, friendly, happy dog. He loved everyone. He was taken from me far far too early. : (

I've been out haunting the neighborhood
And everybody can see I'm no good
When I'm walking out between parked cars
With my head full of stars
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 06:51 PM
SAS Member

absolutely!
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 11:23 AM
SAS Member

My dog passed away earlier this year and when I see pictures of her I miss her. I also found an old picture of my cat that passed away 8 years ago.

So yeah, at times when I see pictures or remember things about them. I don't have any pets now.

Underneath the cold November sky, I wait for you... As the pages of my life roll by, I wait for you... I'm so desperate just to see your face, meet me in this broken place...

Be a little brave for a little bit of time.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 09:18 PM
SAS Member

I guess I'm weird. I miss everything that is now gone...with maybe a couple exceptions. I miss the little turtle that got out of his habitat and got away when I was 5 years old. I miss my little blue parakeet, Charlie, who lived a couple years before dying. I even miss my mean German Shepard, King, who ended up running away. (I could go on and on naming all the animals I had). I'd love to see any of them again.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 11:51 PM
Half agony, half hope.

Of course, always. I was 5 and he was with me until I was 23. Despite being grateful that he did live so long and looking at the happy memories, I still miss him. Being there for him as they put him down was rough, because I loved him so much, but I didn’t want him to suffer.

"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:13 AM
S F C 0 1

My Mood: Amused
Yeah, despite what I said elsewhere ha, I miss my little cat valentine (i didnt pick that name), I called her teenie weenie, and she would run over and cuddle my feet when ever she saw me.

Well I missed her when my ex booted me out of my house, but I got over that, so wasnt that bothered when she passed away.

I'm getting a lizard for a pet next, a small green one I named Little Ron, he sat on my finger and fell asleep on it when i stroked his little back. It wont be him tho just one very similar....and he will come to work with me sat on my shoulder.

Must be hard to lose a dog, my mate lost one of his beagles and found him at the side of a motorway. He was devestated

**** your feelings !!

SFC
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:22 AM
SAS Member

I'll always miss some of my pets that passed away.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM
Wayfaring Stranger

My Mood: Twisted
Yeah. I miss my old yellow dog i had when i was a kid, and our German shepherd. And also my cat recently and some birds, my parakeet and finches too.

What is a man?
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Confused
Yeah, I had a cat for 15 years so it was a big part of my childhood and growing up.

In 2007, he had a stroke in the early hours of the morning, but I didn't know as I went to work. When I got back home, I found out my mother had been looking after him for the majority of the day and we were due to take him to the vet that evening. Almost instantly as I saw him, he looked at me and then had a mini seizure and then passed away there before we even got him to the vet.

It was almost like he waited for me to get home before he passed! It was pretty heartbreaking.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page