Do you agree or disagree? “Train your mind to see the good in everything.” - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 04:53 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
Also, if you are serious about seeing the good in everything, that should probably extend to those people you describe as "closed"
....Is he "closed" to the "closed" people 😮 ....oh the hypocrisy.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 09:10 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Some people, especially often people with anxiety or depression, have a problem where they only look for the bad in things. Those people do need to widen their sights to include the good.
Just like those with cancer need to widen their way of treating the disease by going on an all gluten-free, organic diet and completely avoid treatments such as chemo.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 12:42 PM
The Groat King

I think that looseness is the answer. Neither positive or negative. But loose.
The problem with positive and negative thinking is that it's too rigid and if you haven't noticed the universe is not rigid.
It's loose.
Therefore​ we should be loose.
Very hard to do because we were mostly all raised in a rigid culture.

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 01:02 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
nah the apocalypse is coming, most people are torturing and raping animals. they cant even listen to basic facts. the world is ****ed up.

kill your neighbour, rape your sister. go ahead and see the good in those acts.

as far as psychological stuff goes, youd do better to use dialectics and taoism. lying to yourself isn't healthy.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 02:13 PM
untitled document

Language: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNikki View Post
Just like those with cancer need to widen their way of treating the disease by going on an all gluten-free, organic diet and completely avoid treatments such as chemo.
That is obviously black and white thinking, or maybe red thinking since it's so unrelated to anything. Sane cancer patients take their chemo and also pay careful attention to their diet through it (I hear the most important thing is to keep eating a lot despite loss of appetite).

The only treatment for social anxiety that requires torture is exposure therapy. Outside of that, laughing at your mistakes and pairing positives with negatives tends to be helpful to recovery. Do keep the negatives in mind too, but that's not likely to be a challenge so doesn't require as much effort.

SA Game | Sacramento SA Meetup

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 02:36 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
That is obviously black and white thinking, or maybe red thinking since it's so unrelated to anything. Sane cancer patients take their chemo and also pay careful attention to their diet through it (I hear the most important thing is to keep eating a lot despite loss of appetite).

The only treatment for social anxiety that requires torture is exposure therapy. Outside of that, laughing at your mistakes and pairing positives with negatives tends to be helpful to recovery. Do keep the negatives in mind too, but that's not likely to be a challenge so doesn't require as much effort.
No, it's exactly related to what was said.

'Sane' cancer patients do take chemo as the first if not one of the first routes once having the prognosis. Then other accommodations within their lives are made such as diet restrictions/changes are given and maybe life choices such as smoking is wise to have given up. If you take away the chemo therapy as part of the patient's treatment and they are only to use diet and life style changes alone, the chances of them recovering are not as great. You need to consider the type of cancer and what stage the person is in by the time they are diagnosed as well. Believe me, there are people who do think like this and next thing that is known they end up six feet under a few months later at best.

Depression has been seen to go under certain stages before it can become 'extreme enough' to require medical intervention. And yes, some are more prone to develop these disorders because they have genetic susceptibility and exposure from those who would likely have the condition that did not have the said-person properly equipped to handle certain anxieties and depressions*. When the person does go into the 'later stage' of these disorders because they are convinced 'it isn't so bad', it is advised for them to be on medication, preferably in the 'short-term' rather than being dependent on it for the rest of their lives. Unfortunately for some they may have to for the long haul in order to lessen symptoms that can affect their everyday living. Try looking at how the brain structure becomes different and tell me that laughing it off would have them back to 'their normal selves.'

I was actually going to go further into the subject, but this will likely get skimmed through either way.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 02:54 PM
SAS Member

Language: Anglais
I'm an opportunist. I take what I can find. So that's positivity?

Our hopes and expectations. Black holes and revelations.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page