Do Pretty Girls Live In An Alternate Reality? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 02:13 PM
Whalien Whalien

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentRobot View Post
They don't live in an alternate reality. We place them in an alternate reality.
Exactly.
Because a huge chunk of society place beautiful people on a pedestal,
as being physically attractive is viewed as important we separate them from the rest of us.

It's quite sad really, especially when beauty is subjective.

It can't rain all the time

Even in the far future, never forget the you of right now
Wherever you are right now, youíre just taking a break
Donít give up, you know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 02:20 PM
Almighty

It actually works for both sexes. They did it on the show 30 Rock with Jon Hamm in the episode called "The Bubble". Liz found out that her boyfriend Drew (Hamm) lived in a "bubble" because of his good looks, and has never experienced many of the unpleasant things in life.He easily got out of traffic tickets and was offered jobs whenever he applied.

Kneel before me worms. I am God.
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 02:21 PM
The Real Kim Shady

My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd124 View Post
Exactly.
Because a huge chunk of society place beautiful people on a pedestal,
as being physically attractive is viewed as important we separate them from the rest of us.

It's quite sad really, especially when beauty is subjective.
What's this you are talking about, girlie?

You are one of the beautiful people.

Life is not fair. Neither is mercy. This is the beauty of symmetry. -ME

post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Rookie

My Mood: Sad
As a pretty guy its no too bad. People are nice to you. And in todays day and age they understand if I'm quiet cause I'm also intelligent. The only bad times is when you get raped but you can get over it after a while

Nothing matters more than everything.
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 02:28 PM
Whalien Whalien

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscardYourFear View Post

I thank you kindly for the compliment However I always feel that attractiveness is a personal thing for everyone.

Somebody's rating of 5 is another person's 10.

It can't rain all the time

Even in the far future, never forget the you of right now
Wherever you are right now, youíre just taking a break
Donít give up, you know.
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 02:29 PM
The Real Kim Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd124 View Post
I thank you kindly for the compliment However I always feel that attractiveness is a personal thing for everyone.

Somebody's rating of 5 is another person's 10.
You have a point there.

It's something that I need to think about.

post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 02:58 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivoryivy View Post
Being a pretty girl, I understand where you come from. I have been able to make a lot of money with my looks alone, but of course, the money wouldn't be made if desperate individuals weren't looking for it.

I don't live in an alternate reality. I admit that I have been spoiled in the past because of my looks, but in the end, it has always brought me more depression. The people that spend money on me only care about the superficial. I have never been praised for my intelligence or been able to be taken seriously in certain circles because I am attractive. Those people want just one thing; I have always been treated as a throw away, despite my intelligence. Other women don't like me because I am pretty, men only want to screw me, meanwhile I am desperately searching for meaningful relationships and constantly being ****ed around. It's not as easy as it seems. It leads down a spiraling path of self-hatred and anxiety, especially because I am pretty and quiet. God forbid. Everyone just assumes I think I am too good for them, but the reality is, that deep inside, I am thinking how ****ty of a person I am and how I must not be worth anything because anyone who pretends to care doesn't hang around for very long. So yeah, it comes with its own repercussions, I suppose. I am always finding myself in what seems like a meaningful conversation with someone, only to realize that they are just trying to take advantage of me, but yet, I am so desperate for that human connection, I go along with it anyway.

So, it's not all fun and games, at least not for me.
I have some theories that say that something like this is the case for many universally considered attractive young ladies. Over the last few years, it's occurred to me how I see so many attractive girls and women walk around with a 'default' look on their faces that appears rather mean or edgy. I want to say that this is due to a lot of the stuff you mention in your post going on in their heads, where it has gotten to the point where they are sick of it and are on defense due to the likely possibility of it happening again (and again).

I for one have often felt frustrated by this realization, when I feel some females I approach either friend zone me rather quickly or more often, cut ties completely and distance themselves. Often I have felt a bit of group punishment is taking place in the background, where their defenses are up really high and from there they may carry a preconceived idea about what a guy's intent is.

I mean, what if in the last month five guys approached her and asked her out, and all turned out to be blatant creeps who wanted sex after being aroused by that 'hawt' face and body? What if I come into the picture shortly after and end up admiring the whole package, in particular her intellect and cognitive capacity? What if I am now finding myself suddenly dismissed because I "freaked her out" after barely having any correspondence at all? Now I am sitting alone in a bit of a slump, wondering what the heck it was I did.

Moral of the story, guys who treat woman like objects can and do ruin it for those of us who are actually looking for love and companionship.
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 03:13 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivoryivy View Post
tak

Eh, I have been sexually assaulted multiple times, been raped, been told that I couldn't be trusted all because of the actions of the men who did assaulting. I have had way more negative experiences with people than positive.

I may always have "options," but those options are exclusive to men who just want an easy lay and don't care about me as a person.

I am just trying to explain that sometimes being "attractive" can be just as much of a burden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad Larry View Post
As a pretty guy its no too bad. People are nice to you. And in todays day and age they understand if I'm quiet cause I'm also intelligent. The only bad times is when you get raped but you can get over it after a while
Hey OP and fellow ugly people, on the bright side, we will never get raped because no one will ever find us attractive enough.
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 03:16 PM
Father, Son & Holyzilla

My Mood: Mellow
Attractive women seem to be able to flirt their way out of everything. It's crazy. I remember being pissed off at my ex when she told me how she'd flirt to get out of a ticket or flirt with guys to get free drinks when she was out with her friends.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 03:20 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehog9 View Post
I have some theories that say that something like this is the case for many universally considered attractive young ladies. Over the last few years, it's occurred to me how I see so many attractive girls and women walk around with a 'default' look on their faces that appears rather mean or edgy. I want to say that this is due to a lot of the stuff you mention in your post going on in their heads, where it has gotten to the point where they are sick of it and are on defense due to the likely possibility of it happening again (and again).

I for one have often felt frustrated by this realization, when I feel some females I approach either friend zone me rather quickly or more often, cut ties completely and distance themselves. Often I have felt a bit of group punishment is taking place in the background, where their defenses are up really high and from there they may carry a preconceived idea about what a guy's intent is.

I mean, what if in the last month five guys approached her and asked her out, and all turned out to be blatant creeps who wanted sex after being aroused by that 'hawt' face and body? What if I come into the picture shortly after and end up admiring the whole package, in particular her intellect and cognitive capacity? What if I am now finding myself suddenly dismissed because I "freaked her out" after barely having any correspondence at all? Now I am sitting alone in a bit of a slump, wondering what the heck it was I did.

Moral of the story, guys who treat woman like objects can and do ruin it for those of us who are actually looking for love and companionship.
I definitely put up a wall against anyone who tries to talk to me because I have had so many bad experiences with creeps, so what you said makes perfect sense. I wouldn't know who was genuine or who wasn't. Even in my current relationship, he was just in it for the sex, initially, until he found out I was actually a pretty cool chick and liked my personality.

People only judge others on first appearances. we are all guilty of that. It takes effort to really try and get to know someone. Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to differentiate between the people who have good intentions and the people who don't. But I know, as a woman, that if a man talks to me in the right way and doesn't give up, really tries to get to know me, etc, that I will give him a chance.
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 03:25 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeyj View Post
the world just treats them differently. they always have an endless supply of male orbiters ready to take care of things for them. seinfeld has a great scene which pretty much sums up what i'm talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb72AJDFAjE

has anyone seen the types of things genuinely pretty girls can get away with first hand?

reddit also has a thread on this very topic

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...at_is_it_like/

interesting read.

I think that sometimes. Life seems to better for those who good looking; guy or guys. I've gotten to the point where I just don't attention it anymore. I keep telling myself that just a woman is attractive doesn't mean she is better than me. She's a person just like me

Screw you guys I'm going home
post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Devilish
you people need to stop putting women on a pedestal
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 03:42 PM
Nordision

My Mood: Lonely
I always tell myself that they just have a huge ammount of makeup that's why they are so beautiful and most of them without makeup are ugly and you don't recognise them.
post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 03:46 PM
master of disaster

My Mood: Bored
Quote:

exactly.
attractive people always say looks dont matter
rich people say money isnt everything
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 03:49 PM
The Real Kim Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by that weird guy View Post
exactly.
attractive people always say looks dont matter
rich people say money isnt everything
Wait, what?
I don't think money is everything, and not only am I poor, I'm in debt up the wazoo.

post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 03:53 PM
master of disaster

My Mood: Bored
Quote:
Wait, what?
I don't think money is everything, and not only am I poor, I'm in debt up the wazoo.
oh i wasnt saying you think this i was just pointing out that rich and pretty people act like its a "burden"
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 03:53 PM
Nordision

My Mood: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedevilsblood View Post
There's always pathetic guys around them fawning over them, treating them like they're the best thing that ever existed and generally acting as servants. Then it reinforces their belief that they're entitled to everything.
And a lot of times, these types of guy are not attractive for them, most of the times they look to the only one, who is different, it's not her servant and he is treating her with respect but not as a servant, or it's even a little cold with her(girls are attracted to this thing), 10 servants are the same all of them, but if from 10 guys 9 are servants and 1 it's not, that guy will be interesting for her I think.
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Fine
Life is a facade

Pretty girls = good liars

Unless ... loyal n honest n respectful which is 2 rare
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Brooding
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatLoserNoOneCaresAbout View Post
Hey OP and fellow ugly people, on the bright side, we will never get raped because no one will ever find us attractive enough.
speak for yourself dude
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 09:46 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Asleep
People who can get things that you can't, live in a different world than you.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page