Do Pretty Girls Live In An Alternate Reality? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Brooding
Question

Do Pretty Girls Live In An Alternate Reality?

the world just treats them differently. they always have an endless supply of male orbiters ready to take care of things for them. seinfeld has a great scene which pretty much sums up what i'm talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb72AJDFAjE

has anyone seen the types of things genuinely pretty girls can get away with first hand?

reddit also has a thread on this very topic

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...at_is_it_like/

interesting read.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 11:21 AM
SilentRobot

My Mood: Crappy
They don't live in an alternate reality. We place them in an alternate reality.

“It's not all bad. Heightened self-consciousness, apartness, an inability to join in, physical shame and self-loathing—they are not all bad. Those devils have been my angels. Without them I would never have disappeared into language, literature, the mind, laughter and all the mad intensities that made and unmade me.”
― Stephen Fry, Moab Is My Washpot
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 11:22 AM
 

My Mood: Busy
Mine does, though not in that way.

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 11:25 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sad
This reminded me of my old workplace. It was a sausage fest and everytime a new girl was employed, she was constantly "surrounded" by at least 20 dudes ready to help her or to make her laugh. Funny thing is they made me laugh too, looking at them and seeing how pathetic they are.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Not dead yet

Ehh I just tell myself they all have average or below average IQs to make myself feel better. Good thing I'm right about it though.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 11:39 AM
SAS Member

Being a pretty girl, I understand where you come from. I have been able to make a lot of money with my looks alone, but of course, the money wouldn't be made if desperate individuals weren't looking for it.

I don't live in an alternate reality. I admit that I have been spoiled in the past because of my looks, but in the end, it has always brought me more depression. The people that spend money on me only care about the superficial. I have never been praised for my intelligence or been able to be taken seriously in certain circles because I am attractive. Those people want just one thing; I have always been treated as a throw away, despite my intelligence. Other women don't like me because I am pretty, men only want to screw me, meanwhile I am desperately searching for meaningful relationships and constantly being ****ed around. It's not as easy as it seems. It leads down a spiraling path of self-hatred and anxiety, especially because I am pretty and quiet. God forbid. Everyone just assumes I think I am too good for them, but the reality is, that deep inside, I am thinking how ****ty of a person I am and how I must not be worth anything because anyone who pretends to care doesn't hang around for very long. So yeah, it comes with its own repercussions, I suppose. I am always finding myself in what seems like a meaningful conversation with someone, only to realize that they are just trying to take advantage of me, but yet, I am so desperate for that human connection, I go along with it anyway.

So, it's not all fun and games, at least not for me.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 11:40 AM
SAS Member

There's always pathetic guys around them fawning over them, treating them like they're the best thing that ever existed and generally acting as servants. Then it reinforces their belief that they're entitled to everything.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 11:47 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivoryivy View Post
*sutff*
Well that's the passive dating game that women "enjoy". You don't have to bother approaching men, instead men come to you, the problem is you don't really get to chose which men will come.
Being more active in the dating game might work better for you, but who am I kidding we are on SA forum where men don't have the guts to approach women let alone the other way around.

post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 11:58 AM
SAS Member

Apparently there's this online thing called 'rinsing'.

^^^
(Assertiveness - Depression - Body Acceptance - Distress Intolerance - Low Self-Esteem - Panic Disorder - Perfectionism - Procrastination - Social Anxiety - Chronic Worrying and Generalised Anxiety Disorder - Disordered Eating - Bipolar Disorder - Health Anxiety)

post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeyj View Post
has anyone seen the types of things genuinely pretty girls can get away with first hand?
Where I live, women who look like that are common (some are models). They generally keep to themselves and ignore most things around them.

Same with men that look like that (blond, tall, etc), but are more friendly than the women are.

Zera.
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 12:03 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boby89 View Post
Well that's the passive dating game that women "enjoy". You don't have to bother approaching men, instead men come to you, the problem is you don't really get to chose which men will come.
Being more active in the dating game might work better for you, but who am I kidding we are on SA forum where men don't have the guts to approach women let alone the other way around.
I get that you may have bad experiences with women. People are ****ty in general, especially when it comes to dealing with social issues. At the same time, I don't understand the disdain for "pretty women" that a lot of men seem to have who have SA. Being treated as an object, which often happens, as well as being verbally abused, is prevalent. Just don't hate women for not giving you attention. There are a lot of good women (attractive ones, even!) who will talk to you. But then again, maybe I am only speaking from my perspective.
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 12:03 PM
Permanently Banned

It's the same reality we live in. Just a better side of it. Like living in a good neighborhood instead of the bad neighborhood, they're both still in the same city. It's not like you go up North street and all of a sudden you're in Narnia ffs.

As much as I sympathize with people like IvoeryIvy, I'd rather be in her position than in mine. She is always in demand and has lots of options, even if many are bad & disingenuous they aren't 100% bad. It isn't all men just looking to screw her and all women hating her because she is prettier. As opposed to me being marginally attractive and passed over for more beautiful guys, I'd trade places with her in a heartbeat and reap the rewards.

When it comes down to it, it's just a chemical reaction people get in their heads when they glance at you. Are you just another face in the crowd, or do you stand out?
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Other women don't like me because I am pretty, men only want to screw me, meanwhile I am desperately searching for meaningful relationships and constantly being ****ed around.
Happens to pretty men too.

Zera.
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 12:09 PM
Giggity

My Mood: Lurking
It's the enablers that makes pretty girls feel like they're entitled to anything. But it's not just pretty girls that are like this. A lot of fathers like to spoil their daughters and never discipline them, my father was like this. My older cousin has told me that she's always speeding on the highway because police officers never give her a ticket. The things pretty girls can get away with... They also could be stupid af and there'd still be guys falling for them.
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 12:18 PM
SAS Member

Well just think about it. The only reason why men are nice to pretty girls is soley out of perverted reasons. Not like there aren't men out there who treat everyone respectfully no matter how the girl or guy looks, but being kind to someone just because that person is attractive should not count as someone being kind, because the'y re not being kind to you. They're trying to get in your pants. I thought a girl wanted to just be friends until she started showing sexual interest towards me. I finally thought that a girl wants to be friends with me, but she was only befriending me to get in my pants which explains why I don't have any gal pals. Most of the time...guys and girls can't be just friends. They can, but people make it difficult.
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 12:38 PM
SAS Member

What? Doesn't everyone have a different reality?
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 12:55 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
I get that you may have bad experiences with women. People are ****ty in general, especially when it comes to dealing with social issues. At the same time, I don't understand the disdain for "pretty women" that a lot of men seem to have who have SA. Being treated as an object, which often happens, as well as being verbally abused, is prevalent. Just don't hate women for not giving you attention. There are a lot of good women (attractive ones, even!) who will talk to you. But then again, maybe I am only speaking from my perspective.
I think you missed my point, I was actually sympathetic with your problems. What I was saying is, if you seem to bump into people that don't treat you well, why don't you try to avoid them and why don't you approach the people that you feel you might like.
As I said don't be so passive, me more active. Don't let unwanted people come into your life instead you should make some first step to get some nice people.

Also, I never said I hate pretty girls. I hate, or better said I find pathetic the buffoons that spoil those girls.

post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 12:57 PM
SAS Member

tak
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
It's the same reality we live in. Just a better side of it. Like living in a good neighborhood instead of the bad neighborhood, they're both still in the same city. It's not like you go up North street and all of a sudden you're in Narnia.

As much as I sympathize with people like IvoeryIvy, I'd rather be in her position than in mine. She is always in demand and has lots of options, even if many are bad & disingenuous they aren't 100% bad. It isn't all men just looking to screw her and all women hating her because she is prettier. As opposed to me being marginally attractive and passed over for more beautiful guys, I'd trade places with her in a heartbeat and reap the rewards.
Eh, I have been sexually assaulted multiple times, been raped, been told that I couldn't be trusted all because of the actions of the men who did assaulting. I have had way more negative experiences with people than positive.

I may always have "options," but those options are exclusive to men who just want an easy lay and don't care about me as a person.

I am just trying to explain that sometimes being "attractive" can be just as much of a burden.
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 01:00 PM
SAS Member

I may have come across as being too defensive. Sometimes it's hard to ignore those people, especially when you have social anxiety, because those are the only people who will make the effort to talk to you. And I, of course, have difficulty in starting any relationship unless it's initiated by another person.
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I may have come across as being too defensive. Sometimes it's hard to ignore those people, especially when you have social anxiety, because those are the only people who will make the effort to talk to you. And I, of course, have difficulty in starting any relationship unless it's initiated by another person.
It's ok.

Chin up.

Zera.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page