defamation - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Social experimenter

My Mood: Doubtful

defamation

Do you worry about being on this site and being associated as a 'crazy person'? I have been on this site for very long just for little things but people would call me a crazy person if they found out I'm on it, even though I have no diagnosis no meds nothing severe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 01:16 AM
bipolar

Well I don't think having social anxiety is going to make anyone think of you as a "crazy person." And secondly who will know it's you anyway?
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 02:30 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
I'd be flattered, I'm not crazy, I'm just a freak.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 02:47 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
I would say just to be around others who are like you, who won't judge you, who would understand (even if they're not like you) and no one should be a loud mouth, it's not for us to judge but God.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 05:57 AM

"Crazy" isn't the right word... I'd just be embarrassed. Especially if someone I know found out who I was on here and read all my posts. There's a reason most people on here don't put their real name as their username or their picture as their avatar. I think most on here want to be anonymous. Some users here do put a picture of their face as their avatar and that takes some serious balls, so hats off to them.

♰ Goddess of Imaginary Light ♰
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 06:53 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Realistically, I only know like 3 people in real life. If they knew I was here they wouldn't be that surprised because they know me. I'm not that concerned with what anyone I care about thinks of me.

/WYSD
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Social experimenter

I, like many of you, also don't really know any people irl which really can suck when you're down. However, I do worry about employers etc thinking they can understand who I am all from an over-glorified calculator or walkie-talkie. And there's also the issue of having every stance or thought scrutinized or have certain topics like (politics civil liberties etc) unnecessarily turned into a point of contention. Anyways I bring this up because I do believe that certain professionals are judging everything based on these calculators and walkie talkies, which is a shame because I'm against thought control, censorship, and framing/manipulations. So this act ruins what would have been a good fit otherwise.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 06:56 PM
Happy little accidents

Everyone already thinks I'm a fruit cake so I don't worry too much about that.

Don't let people treat you like dirt.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 10:16 PM
SAS Member

Maybe I am nuts but I would admit in public that I was on this site in 2 seconds. A workplace though is another story and i wouldn't say a damn word to them other than hello and good morning. But I would never say i was on a site for "mental illness" or something like that. Social anxiety to me is not nearly as big a deal as the label of "mentally ill." Social anxiety I think most people would associate with shyness or awkwardness. I think just explaining to people how limited my social life has been would be way more of an issue than mentioning i was on a social anxiety site. If i mentioned to anyone i was on a site for "mental illness" on the other hand, i am convinced 99.9% of people would cut off contact with me immediately
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 11:10 PM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
It's funny how today's world thinks it's so enlightened and high and mighty and anything with "mental illness" in it makes most people go full blown Salem.

/WYSD
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-17-2020, 02:50 AM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
It's funny how today's world thinks it's so enlightened and high and mighty and anything with "mental illness" in it makes most people go full blown Salem.
Yeah people say to be more open about mental illness etc remove the stigma, but truth is most "normal" people with a perfect little bubble of friends family around them, don't actually want to know the truth, they want platitudes & for the bad thing to go away.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-17-2020, 02:56 AM
'functioning' psycho

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I am a 'crazy' person so whatever.

Lucy's bitten
Neck is bleeding bad
The teeth have long departed
Yet the desire burns strong
On in desire for destruction
One on which she'll depend
One that ceases to deepen
Too near bitter end

Black through the mountains
She turns her loosening ring
Guardian angel sings
"I think you've lost your wings, but you're still yours
You're still yours, you're still yours"

post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-17-2020, 03:34 AM
Trailer Trash Tranny

My Mood: Brooding
Everyone already thinks I'm crazy. And if they don't yet, they will soon.

The only thing better than money is more money.
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-18-2020, 10:37 PM
SAS Member

I would tend to say I am a little unhinged or "off" most people think i am crazy or something. I think there are levels, I had friends who were popular and normal in the past and dated normal girls, some very good looking, this was a long time ago. I think if you can be interesting and a little nutty, and say original things or creative things or have a sense of humor, a lot of people can overlook your wackyness. I mean if you are just babbling to yourself and have an I.Q. of 35, I doubt anyone would associate with you from "normal" society. Most people who live in that world are incredibly boring.
Most people in general are very boring and stale, but people who are a little weird or strange are generally a lot more interesting than popular people who have the normal lives: PHD, traveled to 15 countries, enjoy fine dining, ski or have country homes, married and divorced, have read hundreds of classic novels, follow politics closely, dress in preppy clothes that are all color coordinated. Those people, despite them having their S together, are just all the same and somehow even with their life experience, are also extremely limited somehow, if you engage them in a conversation.

I have all the familiar symptoms of someone who has mental illness but I am convinced I am not. I am not that limited where I can function and work and speak well or write well despite anxiety. I don't ever even see the point of anyone admitting they have mental illness to anyone, that is like telling someone, "I am retarded and an idiot and crazy" I would just say I have general anxiety and my nervous system is wrecked from quitting medication cold turkey and years of smoking weed and drinking (20 years ago). If I literally could not function at all, then i guess I could admit to having mental illness.

Social anxiety I could care less about admitting to anyone basically, as long as I don't make a big thing about it. If I admit that to someone and then get cagey and defensive then of course it will sound worse than it is. If I say it casually who even cares, no one really even knows what it is really. In a work environment I wouldn't even admit that I breathe air to anyone. Saying you have depression is another disaster which I don't think anyone should ever really admit to someone, at least who they don't know well.

I don't even understand what the hell depression is. I was suicidal for years on and off and i still didn't consider myself depressed. I was sad a lot in my life, and hopeless. Saying you are depressed is like a label that can even excuse people from moving on from their problems. My life has very little meaning now and I am kind of dreading my life going forward but i wouldn't consider myself "depressed"

Admitting you are depressed is probably close to as bad as saying you have mental illness. Mental illness sounds a lot worse I guess, but saying you are depressed means you are just sick of everything or a loser or whatever

Anyway i went on too long but i would mention to someone in a support group anything you want, or online, just basically admit nothing to the public
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-18-2020, 11:27 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Crappy
No, I refer to myself as crazy all the time. I own it.
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-18-2020, 11:31 PM
Changeless

My Mood: Crappy
I worry more about not being considered crazy. I think crazy is ok. It's weak or, perhaps, human, I'd be more fearful of being thought of.

...you gotta keep the goal in mind, develop tunnel vision to a certain extent. it's hard, and it's not for everyone.

~bad baby

"Daisy, may I ask why you're holding Miss Sybil's biscuit jar?"
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-2020, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Social experimenter

post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-19-2020, 07:21 PM
Half agony, half hope.

People fer sure already know or label me as crazy.

"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 05:49 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asittingducky View Post
Do you worry about being on this site and being associated as a 'crazy person'? I have been on this site for very long just for little things but people would call me a crazy person if they found out I'm on it, even though I have no diagnosis no meds nothing severe.
Who cares about this site aside from the fifty or so people out of seven billion that routinely visit it?
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-12-2020, 07:12 PM
Don
Fupa King

Language: English
Not really "crazy." Morso being perceived as strange for being someone reliant on an internet forum for a vague sense of community in my otherwise very isolated life. I'm also always a bit paranoid about being "discovered" on this site more than anything and worry about my friends stumbling upon my account by accident and somwhow knowing it's me. Most likely to happen if one of them borrowed my phone to use google and saw my search history. I vent a lot on this site, and I wouldn't want them to be hurt by some of my more intense venting.

Life's Wack

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page