Customer service call. Failure to verify identity, really? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Customer service call. Failure to verify identity, really?

So earlier today, I was helping someone identify their address (some people don't pay attention to it) when a customer service rep asked them about it. The rep had to discontinue the call because of the background interference (me) assisted the identification.

This is stupid because I actually worked in call centers before and I never had to do that or seen a policy like that. In fact I've waited 10+ minutes to let people do what they had to do before getting back to me.

You do realize they can just call back with the information committed to memory?

There's a difference between security and playing games with people. This is the latter and not the first time I experienced something like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page