crying when in bed - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Worried

crying when in bed

After I Finish reading after I go to bed -I start to cry either because I have no "other half" and my parents are as useful as anything (instead of you know actually trying to HELP me find the "other half" they say "It will happen, when it will happen" but when they limit where I can go (Toronto is out on my own and I think my other half is there)

For me to go into Toronto to just 'catch up' with one of my girlfriends is:
1: Have Mom and I go into Toronto
2. Mom goes do something else while I catch up with Friend
3. Meet back up with Mom afterwards and we do "something".

The other reason (I know its sounds stupid) I cry in bed is about the meal I'm making tonight - Mom wants me to make wraps for supper but I would prefer to make tacco salad (besides I can easily make the tacco salad 100% on my own unlike the wraps where I would need some help folding them up) so I don't have to make a separate "side dish" (aka an actual salad) like I have to do otherwise for wraps. The other option had it not been used last night would been a Caesar salad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 06:25 PM
SAS Member

Out of curiosity - are you able to go out on your own?

I for one know of folks being pretty strict. In my case, my folks are just cheap. If I ever wanted to go out for my own business, I would be expected to pay for gas.

In hindsight, it's a good thing 'cause it taught me responsibility but it also prevented me from just going out in general—which is pretty much all you can do in the suburbs.

I don't know how old you are (and you don't have to disclose) but I had it rough as a teen and I'm still pretty much expected to pay for my expenses. The only things my folks cover for is the livelihood essentials (i.e. food, insurance, housing, etc.).

I also feel lonely and jealous from time to time---believe me---but I try to put my mind on other things when I can. The internet lets you discover new things.

Though I have always made it my practice to be pleasant to everybody, I have not once actually experienced friendship. I have only the most painful recollections of my various acquaintances ..."
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 06:34 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Scared
Hi

Have you ever actually made the first move when trying to find a partner? I think women have an advantage because most men do make the first move. How old are you? If you’re old enough to drive, then you can visit malls or meet ups. They’ll probably come to you..

I've been seeking happiness for years.
I've lived in hiding from the darkness.
I've spent so many hours in question.
I've prayed that God finds me soon.
Only to realize I must find myself.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Random Guy View Post
Out of curiosity - are you able to go out on your own?

I for one know of folks being pretty strict. In my case, my folks are just cheap. If I ever wanted to go out for my own business, I would be expected to pay for gas.

In hindsight, it's a good thing 'cause it taught me responsibility but it also prevented me from just going out in general—which is pretty much all you can do in the suburbs.

I don't know how old you are (and you don't have to disclose) but I had it rough as a teen and I'm still pretty much expected to pay for my expenses. The only things my folks cover for is the livelihood essentials (i.e. food, insurance, housing, etc.).

I also feel lonely and jealous from time to time---believe me---but I try to put my mind on other things when I can. The internet lets you discover new things.
I'm able to go to Pickering Town Centre on my own (its two towns away) for a lunch if I feel in the mood for Asian food. But I take the bus since I can't drive (using a Presto card which I reload because I use it 2 other days as well). The only other places I can go is Sept-April bowling (it's over now and only people near my sister's age -grandpa's age ) and my day-program (and dating is a no- no in that program and that program is the main reason I have a Presto card). I do go to church to do a job at church once a week.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by findyourself View Post
Hi

Have you ever actually made the first move when trying to find a partner? I think women have an advantage because most men do make the first move. How old are you? If you’re old enough to drive, then you can visit malls or meet ups. They’ll probably come to you..
I'm turning 9+20 later this month. It just I can't find any cute men in my life since they already taken or my parents are a little strict about where I can go. I can only go to 1)bowling on Mondays from Sept-April (only people my sister's age-my grandpa's age), 2)church for my volunteer job, and 3) my day-program (Mondays and Thursdays) 4)I am allowed to go to Pickering Town Centre-that's a mall- on my own but Mom doesn't understand why I want to go so far away when we have a lot of Asian (well a Japanese one and a two Thai restaurants) in downtown of our town. (I mostly do it to get away from my pain-in-the-neck father). (Because of the day program having 'chore' sheet we have draws sometimes and we get a $5 gift card for Tim Hortons)-I have 3 Timmie's gift cards from the day program, $10 one from one of my friends at the program and one which I'm not sure about from the bowling banquet. Since I don't want to go to the food court nearby my house (well technically I could-but there's only is a cross walk in the north/south position but not in the east-west position so you have to race across the east-west position to get to the food court. So Mom said I could go to the one way down on ( North/South street).

I been on a dating site for 3 years I only came close to a date once but it got cancelled before it happened. Since I never ever dated I have no idea how to talk to other (male) people (besides former school friends IF I can recognise them). My parents don't seem to trust online dating (possbilly because of "creeps") I have my suspicions that they might trust people my Girlfriends might set me up with (but after I asked one now married GF if she know anyone available she said no and that was like 11 years ago now. Two of my other girlfriends been with their boyfriends for awhile-ie for one since Gr.8 so before I knew her. So what's the point in asking them? Or what if they tell me to do online dating?
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 03:06 PM
Senior Thread Writer

@Disneywoman is there a reason why your parents control your life so much when you're 29?

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Ice Dude55 View Post
@Disneywoman is there a reason why your parents control your life so much when you're 29?
@coolIceDude55

Just because I'm special needs they don't want me to go into Toronto on my own because either I could get lost (despite going every year to various things with my Mom and in recent years getting around Toronto on two legs and no transit-besides the Go Train or my doctor's appointment with my dad in Toronto) or they're afraid I could have a meltdown or be arrested by cops by causing a scene of some kind (I have a story about dad was afraid of someone calling the police because I was making a scene at a Tim Hortons someplace because they forgot to mention I wouldn't be able to have pop for supper despite it I think being Friday? and we were eating OUT).

I mean even I was to meet a friend who lives in Toronto I would have Mom have to take me TO Toronto and she would do X while I meet up with Friend and Mom and I would meet up together and do something else and then come home together. (the family went to a counsellor last year-only once- and that what Mom said when I brought up wanting to see friends in Toronto).

It took me like sort of 3 tries in a sense for me to be even allowed to go to Pickering Town Centre on my own. The first time I wanted to I had to agree to go instead to Oshawa Centre. The 2nd time I did it behind my parents back because I DID NOT want to go to O.C. again and Mom didn't seem upset w/ me or anything afterwards. Then 3rd time i was allowed to go on my own w/ no problems-no sneaking behind parents back or having to go to a different mall.

I mean my parents don't even let me go into a doctor's room by myself when I'm at doctor's appointments (Toronto's or otherwise) because they're afraid I wouldn't understand. Every doctor (well resident in Toronto) and other doctors ask me if i want to become pregnant in the future and in the past it wasn't such a big deal-but this time it was with all 3 of my girlfriends getting engaged- even now the most recently example is a (male, Married) school friend's little sister is engaged and she's only 7 years younger then her eldest brother and myself.

Whenever I bring up that I don't want to be alone in the future-when they aren't here or are mentally not here- they're either "We will deal together in the future" but I want to deal with it NOW since the choices at the moment stand:

1)have family look after me and all but one of them is older then me from 14 years older then me to a year older then.
2)have my currently engaged GFS/their future families look after me (and all 4 of them are my age)
3)Complete stranger look after me.

I would like option 4:
have "other half"/our kids look after me instead

or they're like "If a partner comes for you it will be in time"-but I'm not exactly going to find "Prince Charming" waiting around for a prince to come like Snow White by sitting on my chair at home when my "Prince Charming" might be out THERE in the world I can only occasionally join.

Note: I wasted my time earlier but i still have to try by asking my three now-engaged girlfriends if they knew anyone available-I don't think they do but its one of the things that online says "ask people ie friends"
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 10:55 AM
Estoylistoparalamuerte

My Mood: Lonely
I envy that you have an emotional outlet for your sadness.

I think it's more a gift, than a problem or concern.

Sure, we all have our things to resolve, but some of us don't have healthy coping mechanisms.

Quote:
“What if this is as good as it gets?” - Melvin Udall
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofaKing View Post
I envy that you have an emotional outlet for your sadness.

I think it's more a gift, than a problem or concern.

Sure, we all have our things to resolve, but some of us don't have healthy coping mechanisms.
Not when it gives me a headache and its don't solve me trying to find someone for me to mate with
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 01:18 PM
Estoylistoparalamuerte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneywoman View Post
Not when it gives me a headache and its don't solve me trying to find someone for me to mate with
Right...it doesn't solve anything, but a good emotional release.

Per other posts of yours, please don't have a child under the premise they'll take care of you when you're old. That's not fair.

I'm sorry you're stressed about your future.

Quote:
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Right...it doesn't solve anything, but a good emotional release.

Per other posts of yours, please don't have a child under the premise they'll take care of you when you're old. That's not fair.

I'm sorry you're stressed about your future.
Mom's sister is taking care of their Dad. Despite the fact they have TWO brothers. I just want to have my OWN company (that's not the right word)-my friends have their fiances and my parents have each other. Even my older SISTER has an "unoffical" boyfriend (they do stuff most weekends), Until before Christmas 4 of my cousins had "other half" (Cousin Er- had a husband for years, and now they have a 2 year (?) old daughter, her half-sibling Liz still has a boyfriend, their other sister (Liz's full sibling, and Er's other half-sister)-did have a fiance until late last year) we have another cousin who had a a boyfriend for years. And we have an old dog of my sister's and once we have to put her down they will NOT be geting another dog-so I have no company of my own..nothing for ME to take care of (and my parents expect me to take care of THEM in the future)? Plants don't communicate back to you (I know neither does a baby either)

I hate people talking about their "other half" because I can't bloody join in because I DON'T have one of my own. The other month -person 1 was asking Person 2 (who had divorced his ex-wife some years previously) with like 2 other people beside myself at the table if Person 2 wanted to get back into dating again. I was like "Can we please change the subject?-its sore for me" it took me a couple of tries to get her (Person 1) to understand. I do ask people about their other half just to be nice. But if people bring it out I just want to leave society at all because with my luck I will never get a boyfriend until after child-bearing years. I want to be dating during my child-bearing years so I can have some children.

Sure I'm surround (sort of) with people-I just feel so lonely- its like there is a Blank Space in my heart- and I know dating is a risky game and I'm not sure how I would handle break-ups or I think I would be very jealous ("drunk on jealously") or be very clingy due to have NO experience in the dating world at all boyfriend 0 since 2004-
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 04:17 PM
Estoylistoparalamuerte

Quote:
Mom's sister is taking care of their Dad. Despite the fact they have TWO brothers. I just want to have my OWN company (that's not the right word)-my friends have their fiances and my parents have each other. Even my older SISTER has an "unoffical" boyfriend (they do stuff most weekends), Until before Christmas 4 of my cousins had "other half" (Cousin Er- had a husband for years, and now they have a 2 year (?) old daughter, her half-sibling Liz still has a boyfriend, their other sister (Liz's full sibling, and Er's other half-sister)-did have a fiance until late last year) we have another cousin who had a a boyfriend for years. And we have an old dog of my sister's and once we have to put her down they will NOT be geting another dog-so I have no company of my own..nothing for ME to take care of (and my parents expect me to take care of THEM in the future)? Plants don't communicate back to you (I know neither does a baby either)

I hate people talking about their "other half" because I can't bloody join in because I DON'T have one of my own. The other month -person 1 was asking Person 2 (who had divorced his ex-wife some years previously) with like 2 other people beside myself at the table if Person 2 wanted to get back into dating again. I was like "Can we please change the subject?-its sore for me" it took me a couple of tries to get her (Person 1) to understand. I do ask people about their other half just to be nice. But if people bring it out I just want to leave society at all because with my luck I will never get a boyfriend until after child-bearing years. I want to be dating during my child-bearing years so I can have some children.

Sure I'm surround (sort of) with people-I just feel so lonely- its like there is a Blank Space in my heart- and I know dating is a risky game and I'm not sure how I would handle break-ups or I think I would be very jealous ("drunk on jealously") or be very clingy due to have NO experience in the dating world at all boyfriend 0 since 2004-
I hope you find what you're looking for.

Quote:
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
I hope you find what you're looking for.
and that's the problem I can't without using dating sites and my parents don't trust dating sites or even if I DID use dating sites (I sort of do) in order to meet one of these potential "Prince Charmings" It has to be during the school year on a Wednesday I know Mom's at work all day so I can travel to either (Coffe Culture in my town or Pickering Town Centre Or the Oshawa Centre) to meet a guy for a lunch date so basically behind my parents' back. I hate having to go that route-but since my parents aren't exactly going to be match-making me up with someone and I don't think my friends will be of any help either because they HAVE someone unlike me.

My problem in trying to find a guy:
all my girlfriends been getting engaged this year the latest person (who is like 20/21-7 years younger then me and her oldest brother?) is a school's friend baby sister have gotten engaged. I have had had not even ONE boyfriend in the last 15 years (2004-present). Last fall when I was at my day-program (where dating is a 'no-no') someone else (Person A) was having problems with their boyfriend's family and Person B said that Person A should "Pray for a better boyfriend" and I just basically wanted to tell Person B off saying I been praying for ELVEN years for a boyfriend and God still hasn't sent me any.

At doctor's appoints I HATE the doctors asking me about me wanting to get pregnant. It normally didn't bother me to much but its really making me uncomfortable in real life every time I go to check in when all my friends are getting married it seems. I even had one conversation (via email) with my parents but nothing since my reply back to my parents. I have more reason then most to have a my own "other half":

I don't want to have to force my cousins/cousins' families, or my friends/friends' families or rely on a complete stranger to take care of me-when i'm around my parents' or my grandpa's age. I'm nearing 9+20 this month.

I also want some kiddos

I don't actually KNOW myself and I think I could FIND myself in Toronto but I'm not allowed to go into Toronto on my own. If I was to make plans to visit a friend in Toronto Mom has to be included in the *** plan because the "plan* would be:

Step 1:Go into Toronto w/ Mom
Step 2: Mom goes off and do something else while I meet with (Friend)
Step 3: After visit with Friend meet up with Mom again and do something

This is what been said (its from a last month)in my email: :
Me: " Dear D- Despite the fact I pretend one question wasn't awkward at the doctor. It was more awkward then it been in previously years. The question was about becoming pregnant. As you already know i want to date. I mean up until my three now engaged girlfriends were not engaged-there was basically a lock door. But now there's an unlock door that is despite need of being closed or something since my hormones are going wild-with it. Not the "marry" door but the other kind of door that can lead to the doctor's question. Not that I would want to get into bed with a guy on the first few dates. I'm not that silly. " (I had a document attached to the email) with the following:

Quote:
Reasons Why I Should Look for a Partner

How do I fill my sexual desires? NOT that I’m planning on getting into bed with the first guy or guys after the first date not until like several dates later (10th?) or later. I have a semi detailed plan about dating Not that’s its good but it’s a start at least. I will also have a list of my own flaws as well.

In the future I do not want either EXTEND Family or FRIENDS to care for me.

Nor do I want complete strangers taking care of me. Who knows what messes the governments will do between now and then?

Research for Story-writing-how am I supposed to write dating scenes in stories when I don’t have first-hand experiences? So far, my only dating knowledge comes from SimLit.

Research in case, I decide on a sperm donor and don’t have to tell the child(ren) when they come to me the future “I don’t know I never dated you have to go ask the grandparents/ go ask Aunt (Friend’s name) or Cousins (Names) about dating” /s

Mom:
D- told me about the doctor asking the question about pregnancy. It was really not a very good way for a doctor to approach the subject. As far as relationships in future, you will just have to wait and see what the future brings.* Unfortunately, neither Dad nor I have a crystal ball or psychic powers to see what might be in the months and years ahead. Know we love you very much and will try to help and support you as best we can."

Mom again:
We really don't know what to say on this subject. As far as writing about dating, etc, how do you think that men write stories from a woman's point of view or vice versa? They read books and other writings to get an idea of the point of view and attitudes of the other gender. As far as a relationship, this is not something that you can order from a store. It sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't. For lots of people, it happens but they end up very unhappy. Our suggestion would be to continue going to things like New Leaf and/or New Wind and see where life takes you. Try not to get fixated on whether or not you have a boyfriend and see where life goes. Know we love you and really want you to be happy. As far as how it will work or who will be involved in your care, those are decisions that we will be making together (you and us) in the future. Whatever that will look like, it is a long way off -- probably 20+ years in the future. Try not to worry about it. After all, you might have to spend years looking after Dad and/or me before you ever get to be on your own!**"

* with the first star that is one of the things she always says that and yet what would be really helpful if they encourage me to use online dating!! (The only other way I will meet a avaible guy is if he had an accident outside of church, bowling (sept-April), my day-program's apartment building, or my parents' house).

** the double stars are another thing she always says and like I said up above that it would be more helpful if they encourage me to use online dating. I haven't actually MEET anyone from a dating site-It came close last May but it got called off (and no I still haven't told my parents I'm on dating sites-its they should be encouraging me to find myself MY "other half' not doing the exact opposite)
)

Basically everything I I read (SimLit and other reading) , or listen too (Taylor Swift ("Shake it Off", "Wonderland", "Blank Space" and Disney songs, along with others, like Avril Lavine, Skat8boi, Complicated,) even outside of the house (ie "Dealing with people") I have to listen how Person A's has a boyfriend or Person B has a girlfriend. I Or Person C has X. I mean its gets really awkward for me I can't get into that "Dating talk" because I don't have the other half.

I do feel guilty about being on online dating sites but my parents aren't exactly trying very hard to encourage me to you know have my own life outside of bowling/day-program and volunteer work once a week. So that kind of makes it hard for me to meet people volunteering is out without Dad need to drive me who-knows-where. I would like to meet some of these people from the dating sites just so I can get started but what would I tell the parents-I know I should tell them the truth (be the honest shooter as I was-but they'll be worried about me meeting some stranger.)
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 04:54 PM
Estoylistoparalamuerte

Quote:
and that's the problem I can't without using dating sites and my parents don't trust dating sites or even if I DID use dating sites (I sort of do) in order to meet one of these potential "Prince Charmings" It has to be during the school year on a Wednesday I know Mom's at work all day so I can travel to either (Coffe Culture in my town or Pickering Town Centre Or the Oshawa Centre) to meet a guy for a lunch date so basically behind my parents' back. I hate having to go that route-but since my parents aren't exactly going to be match-making me up with someone and I don't think my friends will be of any help either because they HAVE someone unlike me.

My problem in trying to find a guy:
all my girlfriends been getting engaged this year the latest person (who is like 20/21-7 years younger then me and her oldest brother?) is a school's friend baby sister have gotten engaged. I have had had not even ONE boyfriend in the last 15 years (2004-present). Last fall when I was at my day-program (where dating is a 'no-no') someone else (Person A) was having problems with their boyfriend's family and Person B said that Person A should "Pray for a better boyfriend" and I just basically wanted to tell Person B off saying I been praying for ELVEN years for a boyfriend and God still hasn't sent me any.

At doctor's appoints I HATE the doctors asking me about me wanting to get pregnant. It normally didn't bother me to much but its really making me uncomfortable in real life every time I go to check in when all my friends are getting married it seems. I even had one conversation (via email) with my parents but nothing since my reply back to my parents. I have more reason then most to have a my own "other half":

I don't want to have to force my cousins/cousins' families, or my friends/friends' families or rely on a complete stranger to take care of me-when i'm around my parents' or my grandpa's age. I'm nearing 9+20 this month.

I also want some kiddos

I don't actually KNOW myself and I think I could FIND myself in Toronto but I'm not allowed to go into Toronto on my own. If I was to make plans to visit a friend in Toronto Mom has to be included in the *** plan because the "plan* would be:

Step 1:Go into Toronto w/ Mom
Step 2: Mom goes off and do something else while I meet with (Friend)
Step 3: After visit with Friend meet up with Mom again and do something

This is what been said (its from a last month)in my email: :
Me: " Dear D- Despite the fact I pretend one question wasn't awkward at the doctor. It was more awkward then it been in previously years. The question was about becoming pregnant. As you already know i want to date. I mean up until my three now engaged girlfriends were not engaged-there was basically a lock door. But now there's an unlock door that is despite need of being closed or something since my hormones are going wild-with it. Not the "marry" door but the other kind of door that can lead to the doctor's question. Not that I would want to get into bed with a guy on the first few dates. I'm not that silly. " (I had a document attached to the email) with the following:

Mom:
D- told me about the doctor asking the question about pregnancy. It was really not a very good way for a doctor to approach the subject. As far as relationships in future, you will just have to wait and see what the future brings.* Unfortunately, neither Dad nor I have a crystal ball or psychic powers to see what might be in the months and years ahead. Know we love you very much and will try to help and support you as best we can."

Mom again:
We really don't know what to say on this subject. As far as writing about dating, etc, how do you think that men write stories from a woman's point of view or vice versa? They read books and other writings to get an idea of the point of view and attitudes of the other gender. As far as a relationship, this is not something that you can order from a store. It sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't. For lots of people, it happens but they end up very unhappy. Our suggestion would be to continue going to things like New Leaf and/or New Wind and see where life takes you. Try not to get fixated on whether or not you have a boyfriend and see where life goes. Know we love you and really want you to be happy. As far as how it will work or who will be involved in your care, those are decisions that we will be making together (you and us) in the future. Whatever that will look like, it is a long way off -- probably 20+ years in the future. Try not to worry about it. After all, you might have to spend years looking after Dad and/or me before you ever get to be on your own!**"

* with the first star that is one of the things she always says that and yet what would be really helpful if they encourage me to use online dating!! (The only other way I will meet a avaible guy is if he had an accident outside of church, bowling (sept-April), my day-program's apartment building, or my parents' house).

** the double stars are another thing she always says and like I said up above that it would be more helpful if they encourage me to use online dating. I haven't actually MEET anyone from a dating site-It came close last May but it got called off (and no I still haven't told my parents I'm on dating sites-its they should be encouraging me to find myself MY "other half' not doing the exact opposite)
)

Basically everything I I read (SimLit and other reading) , or listen too (Taylor Swift ("Shake it Off", "Wonderland", "Blank Space" and Disney songs, along with others, like Avril Lavine, Skat8boi, Complicated,) even outside of the house (ie "Dealing with people") I have to listen how Person A's has a boyfriend or Person B has a girlfriend. I Or Person C has X. I mean its gets really awkward for me I can't get into that "Dating talk" because I don't have the other half.

I do feel guilty about being on online dating sites but my parents aren't exactly trying very hard to encourage me to you know have my own life outside of bowling/day-program and volunteer work once a week. So that kind of makes it hard for me to meet people volunteering is out without Dad need to drive me who-knows-where. I would like to meet some of these people from the dating sites just so I can get started but what would I tell the parents-I know I should tell them the truth (be the honest shooter as I was-but they'll be worried about me meeting some stranger.)
Ok...so tell the guys on the dating sites to meet you at one of the events you're allowed to go to.

Quote:
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Ok...so tell the guys on the dating sites to meet you at one of the events you're allowed to go to.
not events-places. But thing is to meet these guys I have to go behind my parents' back to meet these people-but since they aren't beening helpful (ie not trying to help me/set me up with anyone)-and I don't like having to go behind their backs but they don't really give me much choice-except be a spinster all my life which I don't want OR to meet these guys on my own.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 06:44 PM
Estoylistoparalamuerte

Quote:
not events-places. But thing is to meet these guys I have to go behind my parents' back to meet these people-but since they aren't beening helpful (ie not trying to help me/set me up with anyone)-and I don't like having to go behind their backs but they don't really give me much choice-except be a spinster all my life which I don't want OR to meet these guys on my own.
I wish I had a magical answer for you. You have to make your own opportunities with the hope that your parents support is unconditional.

Quote:
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

For other reason I hate it that outside of holidays, Mom only working half-days, or weekends I have to have DAD food for supper despite Mom being home and I have to help out or I don't get to eat. I think If I was dating (like after 3rd date)- I could get out of the house a LOT more often and skip "Dad food" or having to help with the supper because I would be eating OUT with someone who wasn't my parents.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 05:38 PM
Permanently tired

My Mood: Dead
Are you currently in school or at work? That can provide opportunities to meet someone, I think. It sounds like you have high dependency on your family, and that is only a detrimental environment for an adult, so with that kind of situation the best way to meet more people would be to focus on moving out first imo.

"So many resources keep me alive
Yet I don't even step outside
So many sacrifices keep me alive
Yet I don't even bother to survive."

"If you think we waste too much then you can sacrifice yourself
Don't push your values
Push your values
Onto the crowd."

Mili
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AffinityWing View Post
Are you currently in school or at work? That can provide opportunities to meet someone, I think. It sounds like you have high dependency on your family, and that is only a detrimental environment for an adult, so with that kind of situation the best way to meet more people would be to focus on moving out first imo.
grauted high school in 2008 and then I graduated college in fall of 2010. Due to the risk of loosing my benefits I can't get a job (not to mention the whole problem of dating co-workers is a "no-no")

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page