Cried at work today - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Aly
Social outcast

Cried at work today

I recently started my first ever job 2 days ago. I work at a bagel place. Everything was going okay until 5 mins before my shift was over. A lady came in with her friend and asked for a sandwich. She had an attitude with me from the start. I'm still learning. I cut the bagel too thin and she started to make fun of it and got an attitude, saying that "her friend isn't going to like that". So i threw it out and started over. I politely told her "I'm sorry about that ma'am" and she didn't say anything and looked away. I was doing well until I accidentally put bacon on the sandwich. She then got an attitude again and was like "are you not making me what I want??" This was where I got pissed. I didn't say anything to her. I told my coworkers "you know what, you take care of her" then threw the sandwich down. I understand, I made a couple of mistakes. I just started my first ever job. She could have politely asked me to take the bacon off and she could have talked to me with respect, but she didn't. Everyone else I dealt with was nice except her. I understand that people are gonna be rude but this caught me off guard. I am a very sensitive person. That's just how I am. My anxiety kicked in. I felt really stupid, embarrassed, and like a failure. I started to uncontrollably cry. I couldn't help it. I know people saw. I'm afraid to go back tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 05:23 PM
SAS Member

Cried at work today

Don't feel stupid. You're new and learning. Mistakes are going to happen. I worked with customers for a long time and the majority are nice. You're always going to have difficult customers. There's no getting around it. As you learn the job, they'll be easier to work with. Even then, there will be customers who walk in while having a bad day. Take care of them quickly, layer on the niceness, and they'll be out the door soon enough.

Congratulations on the first job. Keep learning and working hard. You'll do well.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 05:30 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
Don't worry m8, **** like that happens to everyone. When i got a job at McDonald's I pretty much did a lot of things wrong for a week and had to constantly ask for help. My coworkers yelled at me a lot and got mad at me.

The stuff you mentioned happens to normies as well, except they don't cry they end up having a physical fight with the customer. You did well m8.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 05:32 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Fine
Aw man!

U don't deserve that... me I mess up on bagels time to time too just because I don't know I just do and sometimes one side is sliced thinner. Big whoop I do things my way too but bagels r well bagels

I'm sorry about this... I've been thru ridiculous crap from ridiculous ppl at times too.

U can pm me if u want to talk about it too. Always here.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Negativity Triggerer.

I always try to be tolerant to service workers if they show they make an effort to do so. I never worked in the service sector but do know how difficult it can be. I only draw the line if they show neglect and no care in giving me at least decent service.

You will encounter more customers like her. All you can do is try to get use to it. Overtime you will be more emotionally tolerant to other rude customers. As long as you try, then it is not you but its them.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 05:54 PM
Permanently Banned

You did your best at a new job so it's nothing to worry about. You will definitely deal with rude customers in the future even worse than what happened today. Just learn to put a wall between them and yourselves and stay polite and cool headed, if they self destruct that's entirely on them. The way people treat others is a reflection on themselves.

If it makes you feel any better that woman probably had a few bodily additives put in food she's ordered in the past for her attitude.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 07:58 PM
⚰️👻

Yeah, unfortunately you have to get used to people like this. Even when you get comfortable with the job and are really good at it you'll still have to deal with *******s who treat you like some kind of lower being. You shouldn't feel bad at all, though. The first week or so of a job always sucks and everyone is gonna make mistakes. Don't let that ***** get you down. They're the one with the problem.

take one day at a time
anything else you can leave behind
only one thing at a time
anything more really hurts your mind

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 08:09 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Bored
Your fine and the fact you cried makes me think you care. Don't worry about the other employees they will likely be happy to see you back, as your part of the team now. Hope you get to feeling better.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 08:35 PM
sup

Yea people who act like weiners to people making there food are the only ones who look stupid trust me. I honestly woudn't care if one my coworkers cried from a ****ty customer, not a big deal trust me. People have to focus on sandwiches not you :smile:
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 08:39 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nujabes23 View Post
Yea people who act like weiners to people making there food are the only ones who look stupid trust me. I honestly woudn't care if one my coworkers cried from a ****ty customer, not a big deal trust me. People have to focus on sandwiches not you :smile:
Aye! Counting Stars! Imaginary Folklore! Feathers!
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 08:45 PM
SAS Member

If it makes you feel better I've cried at every single job I've ever had. I've only had two jobs, so I've cried twice.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 08:56 PM
SAS Member

Some people are just rude no way to get around that. I worked fast food some in high school and had someone ask if i was retarded for not understanding them and messing a thing or to up. It sucked but I didn't let it get to me and just laughed with my co workers afterwards on how much of *** hole the dude was. Shake it off an get back to work tomorrow and make that $$
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 09:33 PM
sup

Lmfao
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 09:37 PM
I Am Second

Language: American
My Mood: Inspired
Any time you work with customers you have to expect it. You would think they would be more considerate but all they care about is that you make their food right and fast. Don't quit though, you're stronger than this.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 09:54 PM
electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyApathy View Post
If it makes you feel better I've cried at every single job I've ever had. I've only had two jobs, so I've cried twice.
Posted via Mobile Device
^^ Me too! (though I have had nine :P )

@Aly : Don't lose heart

We are the drop, the wave, and the tide.
|ᓴ\___/ᓱ|
╰☆╮╭☆╯
 ⋱/⍚\⋰ 
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 10:32 PM
Rotting

My Mood: Pensive
You'll encounter many kunts like these. You'll get used to it, and it'll hopefully make your SA better.

On a side note: Quit my job today I was at for 6 months. Got sick of being called a stupid mother****er, a cocksucker, a ******, and a bunch of other things by this one kid who's tight with all the supervisors, so he gets away with everything and I can apparently **** off.

Right now is when I usually leave for work............I feel bad because my supervisor was the coolest, most real dude I've ever came across, but at times I was about to explode and sack this kid in the throat so I think I made the right call. All that for $10/hr, eh.

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

STOP BEING SO F***ING SAFE!
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 10:39 PM
Rookie

My Mood: Sad
Well, you had ONE job

Nothing matters more than everything.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Aly
Social outcast

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Aly
Social outcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphotic Apathy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nujabes23 View Post
Aye! Counting Stars! Imaginary Folklore! Feathers!
Thanks for that
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Aly
Social outcast

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page