Craving and even Thriving in the Spotlight - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Craving and even Thriving in the Spotlight

Hi
I don't believe i need to tell you guys i have SA, but i feel i do need ot mention it because it will not sound like so after i get into this topic. I am a student at an art school studying graphic design, and sometimes we have to present our work and be subjected to crituqe, now when someone else is presenting i dont say anything i want to becaus ei love crtiquing art. But when its my turn to present i LOVE it because everyone is looking at me and HAVE to listen to what i have to say and is talking about MY work. And it absolutley makes my day when i make everyone laugh, (i have a big sense of humor) or i get into a discussion with someone about art. In that moment i am almost SA free but when i go back to my seat and sit down I'm back into my self apointed cage.
Idk i guess im asking if anyone else feels this way,
i think it is because i crave and want attention and interaction so bad and given a good excuse to plunge in i take it and it doesnt hurt that the subject matter is one of my favs, art.
love you guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 07:30 PM
SAS Member

This isn't surprising, because craving the spotlight and being socially anxious often come from the same place - basing your self-worth on the approval of others. It lifts you up when people laugh at your jokes and pay attention to you, and drags you down when they don't.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page