Confidence killer - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Confidence killer

I thought I was making progress becoming more and more talkative.more confident, then I realized that sometimes ,I spit when I talk,so when I'm talking to someone they're constantly wiping their face like I'm spitting all over them. It's really embarrassing,and gross too ,I know. So now I have something else to worry about, Am I gonna spit all over this person and gross them out! it causes me terrible anxiety and makes me just want to keep quiet and not talk to anyone. When I see two people talking real close to each other I wonder if this happens to them sometimes. I guess there is something wrong with my mouth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 01:12 PM

This happens with me too because i got a little gap in my front teeth. I am used to it so it doesnt bother me taht much anymore. I just play along if they make a joke about it.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 06:32 PM
SAS Member

Ok ..I really hate to admit this even though I really am anonymous here but I sometimes spit when I talk as well.. What is up with that? :P anyways I think I have an excess amount of saliva haha..but it doesn't happen all the time and when it does I quickly overlook it.. I think all people have spit on somebody at one time or another..

Would it help to chew gum? or maybe eat something with carbs to absorb some of the salive ..try not to focus on that and do keep acknowleding all the progress you have made..

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 06:35 PM

I spit too, I think a lot of people spit when talking and not even notice, or if they did, not care. I got hit by a some nasty piece of flem the other day. I freaked out on the dude and all, but I'm crazy like that. j/k
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 05:30 AM
Simon Says...

Ew... piece of flem... sick.

"Choose not to be harmed Ė and you wonít feel harmed.
Donít feel harmed Ė and you havenít been."
- Marcus Aurelius

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page