Being overprotected by mother - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: Portuguese (maternal) and English.

Being overprotected by mother

Anyone else can relate?

Being a mama's boy had a negative effect in my confidence. My mother raised me to be a submissive male that lacks opinion and personality.

Some examples of this overprotection:

*My mother used to take me and pick me to school up until I was 15 years old.

*My mother used to tell when and how should I cut my hair up until the second half of 2015.

*My mother hates when I disagree with someone (having a diferent opinion). She thinks I must accept anything people say without questioning. If someone says "Planet Earth is a square" and I disagree by saying "no, Earth is round", she'll get angry with me.

It's complicated, guys, when you want to improve, but people around you want you to stagnate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 01:50 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Amazed
Okay this will be fun:

- my mom decided what clothes that i wore until i was 12, and it even continued somewhat until i was 16

- my mom tells me when to shower

- i think when i was 12 my parents made me have to hold their hand a lot when we went out

- my mom hardly let me use a comouter much most of my life, in fear that the radiation would have bad effects on my health

- my mom didnt let me go outside alone until i was 17. Only because i did it whether they liked it or not lol. But yeah i went out and had a great time at a party with my friends - i'm kidding lol. It was just a walk to the local mcdonalds with some money i saved up from helping them with a job, and i roasted in the hot australian summer sun with my jacket on to cover my self harm scars. Of course i was extremely terrified/anxious but that was the best decision i ever made. Not like i ever really got the chance to make many decisions in my life but anyway lol.

I feel you, my parents want me to stagnate. I have no feiends, i am stuck at home most of the time, and here they are telling me how proud they are to have such a happy son. I literally screamed at them that i was feeling suicidal once, in a heated argument that almost got violent. They didnt even get the damn point lol it didnt sink in.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page