Are You Disrespected? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Are You Disrespected?

I'm constantly disrespected. I'm way more confident than I used to be but yet every single time I meet someone new, they end up disrespecting me.

It's noticeable in how they respond to me and look at me. And the only conclusion is that I'm unattractive.

I'm a nice person and treat everyone with respect. I don't receive the same treatment. Maybe I look too nice and meek.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 10:01 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Devilish
Everyone is disrespected. The people who disrespect you will, in turn, be disrespected themselves by other people. The people who I believe disrespected me had people talking behind their backs and so on.

It's something you have to get used to. It's just a vicious cycle of miserable people talking to other miserable people and it sucks.

People who treat you like that probably think their invincible or something idk. High self-esteem maybe.

It's best to try and be the better person and treat others with kindness. Don't be as miserable as a lot of people in this world.

She was very beautiful. Kind, but sad.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 12:28 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
Respect usually has to be earned. Which doesn't mean you should disrespect people right off the bat just because it's relatively normal. But you also can't read too much into people who seem disrespectful at first glance. There's a lot going on in the world and crude social behavior is kind of normalized now and people are busy and so forth. I would say it's more important to pay attention to people you deal with every day and if there is a pattern of behavior that is clearly intended to be disrespectful.

/WYSD

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 01:23 AM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry
Angry

WOW!

YEP!

from start in gutter

hated

hurdle, barricade, enemies,

no respect

no chance

no fortune

build all from scum

everyone gets all handed out pristine

start at top?

accuracy, perfection never respected?
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 01:23 AM
Merry Effing Christmas

My Mood: Brooding
Yeah, nobody respects me. Never have. Has nothing to do with being nice or treating other people well. People treat you according to how they see you. If you're not respectable in their eyes, then being nice to them just makes you look weak and contemptible. If you're not nice, it makes you look like a *****. You can change people's opinions over time, but if nobody is interested in getting to know you, there's **** all you can do about it. And 99% of the people you meet will never go beyond that first impression. I'm a ****ing joke to everyone. So I just keep my head down.

For forty-seven years I've put up with it now. I must stop Christmas from coming ... but how?
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 01:37 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melancholyscorpio View Post
I'm constantly disrespected. I'm way more confident than I used to be but yet every single time I meet someone new, they end up disrespecting me.

It's noticeable in how they respond to me and look at me. And the only conclusion is that I'm unattractive.

I'm a nice person and treat everyone with respect. I don't receive the same treatment. Maybe I look too nice and meek.
I'd say there's probably a strong probability that's why OP. (no offence obviously) People do tend to react to how a person presents themselves - it's a shame but I think it's often true.

Edit: not the nice part btw - just the meekness. (sorry)
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 06:12 AM
Cooked.

My Mood: Worried
How are they disrespecting you? Can you give examples?

Never could learn to drink that blood
And call it wine,
Never could learn to hold you, love,
And call you mine.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 10:25 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Doh
You can be nice, but don't be too nice (submissive), if your a door mat to people yeah they will disrespect you because they know they can get away with treating you however they want and get what they want. Be assertive when its called for. I think having boundaries and being able to hold your own is what creates mutual respect.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 10:44 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Mellow
Yup and then I do it back until they get the message and they stop.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 10:53 AM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
I dont have arrogance to expect anything from people. I dont really think in terms of their respect for me. much of my frustration is from my avoidance of conflict. I will acknowledge that much. it does bother me sometimes that people dont respect me or acknowledge the stuff I do. but that's because most people are evil ****s that cant tell good from bad. I get more annoyed with that fact than that they might disrespect me. am I meant to care if idiots dont like me?

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 11:11 AM
S F C 0 1

Language: English
My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumplesty View Post
Everyone is disrespected. The people who disrespect you will, in turn, be disrespected themselves by other people. The people who I believe disrespected me had people talking behind their backs and so on.

It's something you have to get used to. It's just a vicious cycle of miserable people talking to other miserable people and it sucks.

People who treat you like that probably think their invincible or something idk. High self-esteem maybe.

It's best to try and be the better person and treat others with kindness. Don't be as miserable as a lot of people in this world.

Every single time it happens? Maybe a bit of oversensitivity on your part, or, its you who is the rude disrespectful ****er!

Just kidding of course. Some people are just pricks, so **** em, they aint important

When I'm on the street people are like "yo, SFC01 is the ****". Yeah I know !
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 12:54 PM
SAS Member

Eh

I'm not disrespected in an obvious way, but I'm treated like a child. Nobody in my office (of the 30-something in the entire building) have treated me in a manner that hasn't had me question their stance towards me.

While it's understandable that I'm nowhere near the caliber of the previous, more experienced personnel who were in my position, it kind of strips away at my confidence when everyone treats me like I don't know what I'm doing. Granted, my behavior and handling of most situations until recently have clearly given them that perception, a lot of that should simply be expected. I don't know why I should be expected to have an answer for everything.

The lousy thing is I feel pressure to leave the company for many decent reasons but I also feel guilty now that I'm in this one project that's a big deal for them.

The last thing I want is to leave them when they don't have another person on my "team" that's doing what I'm doing—not that what I'm doing is difficult... but if possible, I'd at least like to prep or integrate my replacement decently.... kind of like what was done for me.

Though I have always made it my practice to be pleasant to everybody, I have not once actually experienced friendship. I have only the most painful recollections of my various acquaintances ..."
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 12:57 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 01:02 PM
S F C 0 1

My Mood: Amused
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Random Guy View Post
I'm not disrespected in an obvious way, but I'm treated like a child. Nobody in my office (of the 30-something in the entire building) have treated me in a manner that hasn't had me question their stance towards me.

While it's understandable that I'm nowhere near the caliber of the previous, more experienced personnel who were in my position, it kind of strips away at my confidence when everyone treats me like I don't know what I'm doing. Granted, my behavior and handling of most situations until recently have clearly given them that perception, a lot of that should simply be expected. I don't know why I should be expected to have an answer for everything.

The lousy thing is I feel pressure to leave the company for many decent reasons but I also feel guilty now that I'm in this one project that's a big deal for them.

The last thing I want is to leave them when they don't have another person on my "team" that's doing what I'm doing—not that what I'm doing is difficult... but if possible, I'd at least like to prep or integrate my replacement decently.... kind of like what was done for me.

Obvs dont know your employers, but not much loyalty towards the workers these days

When I'm on the street people are like "yo, SFC01 is the ****". Yeah I know !
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 01:27 PM
SAS Member

!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'avjo View Post
Obvs dont know your employers, but not much loyalty towards the workers these days
I told my family about staying on for the reason I mentioned and they told me that "it's their problem". There's no doubt in my mind that they'd kick me out to suit their needs, and legally it's for any reason. I just don't want to leave the way it is now. I'm also worried that I'll somehow mention it when I'm interviewing with another company.

IDK—nobody cares if I leave or if I stay but I feel like if I leave the way I'm planning to, I'll be burning down a bridge with these guys.

Though I have always made it my practice to be pleasant to everybody, I have not once actually experienced friendship. I have only the most painful recollections of my various acquaintances ..."
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 04:58 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
Well, I am nothing that is worth respect in a first place, so I don't blame anyone for that...

Even shy people can be sassy sometimes...
I'll put drunk raccoon in my signature as well, because I CAN...
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 06:14 PM
Socializing with myself

The people who disrespected the original poster, all of them had subconsciously been designed by the A.I Computers to generate thoughts that are fake to think of OP as not human. All of the human beings that I've encountered would advise me to not think a specific way, or they would say certain phrases in a sentence towards me on a unaware personal level. My existence of thoughts patterns, logic, and social communication limits people brain functions from speaking coherent sentences from their mind that is associated with a place, event, and time. I feel as if I startle people to an unconscious degree, where they see me pose as a threat to their mental process. The human beings all give me alike thoughts about my existence. In order to make me admit to my very existence of mind, that I never existed in front of humanity awareness.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA Software Engineers computionally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events in their own environment.

The real creator gave the programmers restricted technologies.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 10:35 PM
SAS Member

Try this, stop being nice to people you find out that dont deserve it. If you dont know how to be not nice, start practicing. Go on an online game and just talk trash and disrespect people. Go to a drive thru and dont say thank you.

Learning how to treat people with disrespect is a must if you want to really understand the value of what it means to treat people with kindess and respect. If you continue to only be nice and dont know how to respond to disrespect wth disrespect back, then your not a nice person. Your just a pushover. Theres a difference.

Nice people treat people nice cause they want to. Pushovers treat people nice cause they are scared about disrespecting them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Still thinking of one.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 12:21 AM
Yoink

Pantera Lyrics

"Walk"

Can't you see
I'm easily
Bothered by persistence
One step from lashing
Out at you

You want in
To get under my skin
Call yourself a friend
I've got more friends like you
What do I do?

Is there no standard anymore?
What it takes, who I am, where I've been belong?
You can't be something you're not
Be yourself by yourself
Stay away from me
A lesson learned in life
Known from the dawn of time

Respect, walk
What did you say?
Respect, walk
Are you talking to me?
Are you talking to me?

Run your mouth
When I'm not around
It's easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends
That sympathize

Can you hear
The violins
Playing your song?
Those same friends
Tell me your every word

Is there no standard anymore?
What it takes, who I am, where I've been belong?
You can't be something you're not
Be yourself by yourself
Stay away from me
A lesson learned in life
Known from the dawn of time

Respect, walk
What did you say?
Respect, walk
Are you talking to me?
Respect, walk
What did you say?
Respect, walk
Are you talking to me?
Are you talking to me?

No way, punk

Respect, walk
What did you say?
Respect, walk
Are you talking to me?
Respect, walk
What did you say?
Respect, walk
Are you talking to me?
Are you talking to me?

Walk on home, boy!

And I always thought this would be
the land of milk and honey
Oh but I came to find out that it's
all hate and money
And there's a canopy of greed holding me down.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 12:31 AM
You tell me

Yes, but I've noticed it happened more when I was younger, and less as an adult. And it happens a lot more online than it does irl.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page