Are you a reject on SAS? - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum
Closed Thread

post #41 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 01:30 AM
SAS Member

Language: Gibberish
Quote:
Originally Posted by joked35 View Post
My posts suck. I never get PMs. I rarely send PMs. I am dumb. I've been banned. I'm often drinking. My profile is lame. I feel like I don't get along with other members. I'm a spamming shiposter! Also, theres so many gamers on SAS, and I don't even play anything with any of them! Those are my people!

I am a shining example of what it is to be a member of the SAS forums. You should all aspire to be more like me!
WAIT! So does this mean i'm a reject also...?

Bleh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 01:33 AM
Monster

You're not a true regular if you've never been banned. Just facts.

I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular.

You shut your mouth. How can you say I go about things the wrong way? I am human and I need to be loved, just like everybody else does.
post #43 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 01:38 AM
Flying Backwards

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInReverie View Post
Ehh. It's harder to get banned than it used to be

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.

post #44 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 03:46 AM
Malevolent Dictator

My Mood: Brooding
Not yet but I'm working on it.

Are you sure you want to permanently delete this culture? [Yes] [No]
post #45 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 03:53 AM
manic in Bali

Ummm - no.
post #46 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 05:05 AM
Senior Thread Writer

My Mood: Worried
Yeah. I used to post on here alot. Racked up 3K posts with 30 pages of threads I started. I left. Noone noticed except one person. That kind of ..... hurt.

I dont even know who the popular people on here are. It seems like noone talks to each other.

I find it hard to recognise people on here tbh. Everyone changes their avatar so much. I dont remember names. So I dont really know who anyone is most of the time.

post #47 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 11:33 AM
Nordision

My Mood: Lonely
A lot of people are here, I think if you want to make friends on this forum you must send a lot of PM's from 10 at least 1 person will answer, it's hard to make friends if you just post in topics and open topics, because a lot of people type there and it's a huge salad lol, you can't concentrate on 1 person.And it's not a normal forum it's SAS most of us have social problems and we enter here to find some support not to chat all day.
post #48 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 11:43 AM
Joe
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimized View Post
I've never even been mentioned in that name a SAS member alphabetically thread
If frustration comes together it is an achievable goal.
post #49 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 11:44 AM
Aesthetically Challenged

My Mood: Goofy
Are the SAS skype groups like this too?

I've been asked a couple of times to join but always thought it would be horrible given my experience on this board (lack of actual conversation, nothing to say, people on both sides being awkward... lol)
post #50 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 11:51 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cool
well i just lurk most of the time i come here to hang out mostly and chillout being popular is not on my list of things to do
post #51 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 12:00 PM
SAS Member

Yep, yep, yep.

I just mostly come here to ***** and complain or read things that make my depression and anxiety worse.

He who makes a beast out of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man.
post #52 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 12:18 PM
SAS Member

It's hard to believe only several months ago I'd been an active member here for 3 years and accumulated only ~200 profile views, likely due to my inability to connect and reach out to people (perhaps it's not that hard to believe, then). That figure has since tripled over the past few months, but that was largely due to my position not my boring personality. Still stings whenever I think about that but whatever, I'm satisfied with the friends I have right now and that's what I'll be focusing on.
post #53 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 12:19 PM
Hermit on the Move

Yep, though its my own fault for being one. I don't interact with people on here much, cause my social anxiety is just as bad on the internet as it is in real life.

Last.fm

Use to Think My Life Was Grand, Until My Family Beat Me with Brass Knuckled Hands.

Weight Loss Goal Reached

September 2014: 268

April 19, 2015:159

Pounds lost: 109
post #54 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 12:55 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehuti88 View Post

(I think this thread was meant in a somewhat humorous vein, so, I apologize if I brought the whole thing down. Creeping off now.)
I also will not keep 99.9% of people on my buddy list thing. Most people will request to be added and then NEVER MESSAGE YOU. And most of those people who THEY THEMSELVES requested to be added, if you then message THEM, THEY will not even respond. So like yea, I really consider someone a close contact who I have never even written "hello" to??? I guess this is what human interaction has evolved into in 2015.

I just realized you messaged 17,000 messages, and I have also posted around 17,000 messages in Youtube comments, so I know what you mean. If you have that much exposure, you end up being the most loved AND hated person online. It is pretty daunting to wake up and realize you have 6 responses to your comments on Youtube and many from up to 10 years ago.

I think my real point is I feel that even members of sites where they don't post ridiculously often, seem to have just the ability to make friends, and I assume they are private messaging 10-20 people. One guy out of 3 or 4 I was E-mailing from this site as friends (of which only 1 or 2 are left)... so this guy was 26 and already had 6 girlfriends (he is still a member) and he said in one of his last messages that he was overwhelmed and had to respond to a ton of E-mails from friends or people. THEN he says, he is moving to another country in 6 months and he doesn't know if it makes sense to start dating a new girl right before moving. I know this is off-topic, but people like him are considering just dating new women who in his case will like materialize out of thin air just because he can. And guys like me, on the other hand...

But as far as posting that often, you do get a lot out of it, but you kind of pay the price. You can be attacked verbally in ways you can hardly imagine, if you are regularly posting that often, it will happen sooner or later and catch up to you

So you do sometimes wonder if it is worth it, and many people after months or years or decades, close their Facebook account, Twitter, Instagram, or even SAS, whatever, due to it just not being worth it, whether they are dealing with bullying or simply smart-azz posters. It is just the way it is.

I also don't totally get overly humorous jovial posters on SAS. On a site like this, the last thing posters hanging on by like a thread need to hear in many cases are one-liners or ironic or sarcastic responses. I don't know how much humor is ever really needed on a site like this, because it is a supportive community and not a Comedy Central Roast

Overall, I think far too many users, right or wrong, are posting 3 or 5 word responses to threads. If you are going to bother to post AT ALL, would it kill you to AT LEAST post around 20-25 words? Can a 5 word remark REALLY help someone in a crisis, especially who just typed like their life story in the original post?
post #55 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 03:32 PM
Senior Thread Writer

My Mood: Worried
Personally I don't take the add friend button seriously at all. I mean what's the purpose of it? I mean if someone sends me a friend request I'll just accept. I don think anything about it at all.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #56 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 03:58 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Devilish
hell yes everybody here calls me a troll
post #57 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 04:06 PM
giggling ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInReverie View Post
I don't recall ever being banned.

I remember getting spoken to harshly a few times. Hasn't happened recently.

Maybe I was temp banned once? I don't know.

I have been accused of a lot.

I try to be invisible usually. Getting attention always turns out to hurt.

It's better to not be a part of anything.

People have told me to GTFO and I died a little each time.

I like being over here, not anywhere close to there.

blessed are they who bash your children's heads against a (punk) rock
post #58 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 04:12 PM
I am average!

Do you remember me? We went to a bar together.

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...bored-1596514/

I havent gone to a bar with anyone else on this website yet

Anyway, this is how I see the popularity thing. Let's say that a person on SAS posts 1 funny post every ten post. If you post a lot. 10 posts every day, you post one funny message ever day. If you post 1 message every day, you post 1 funny message every 10th day.

Obviously someone who posts more is going to be noticed more. It doesn't really mean they are any more or less fun than you as a person.

I felt like I got more attention when I just started here but then again I was more active(I also changed my name). It's just logic: the more you give, the more you will recieve. Don't take these things personally.

@joked35
post #59 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 04:16 PM
Beautifully Grotesque

I think I'm too depressing for people.

What's normal to someone is whatever they're comfortable with.
post #60 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 04:19 PM
Permanently Banned

It's not something I think about. Thoughts of food crowd out my other thoughts.
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page