Are you a reject on SAS? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum
Closed Thread

post #21 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 07:58 PM
Asocial schizoid

I dont care if Im or not, socialization here isnt worth my time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 08:14 PM
Permanently Banned

You expect people to socialize with you who fear/don't want to socialize in the first place.

Okay.

I don't know what else you expected from this place. I only use it to post mundane comments like this and read threads/posts and laugh.
post #23 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 08:48 PM
SAS Member

Yes
Posted via Mobile Device

post #24 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 08:48 PM
SAS Member

I'm just here post occasionally, and further foster my internet addiction. I can't make connections IRL, so I don't expect to make any here.

post #25 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 09:10 PM
SAS Member

My profile views per post count is probably the worst on here. There are females with 10 posts who have more profile views than me.
post #26 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 09:12 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Angelic
My pm's are loaded with ladies daily.
post #27 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 09:18 PM
Bask in the abstract

My Mood: Pensive
Mostly, yes. I'm just here to vent, in the hopes that someone out there can relate.
post #28 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 09:18 PM
The Warrior Kitty-Cat

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by joked35 View Post
My posts suck. I never get PMs. I rarely send PMs. I am dumb. I've been banned. I'm often drinking. My profile is lame. I feel like I don't get along with other members. I'm a spamming shiposter! Also, theres so many gamers on SAS, and I don't even play anything with any of them! Those are my people!

I am a shining example of what it is to be a member of the SAS forums. You should all aspire to be more like me!
You are funny!
post #29 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 09:25 PM
User not found

dumb ✔
profile is lame ✔
posts suck ✔
never get PMs ✔
rarely send PMs ✔

I'm not sinkin I'm just kickin' it at sea level
post #30 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 09:36 PM
SAS Member

Yes but it's partially my fault as I don't feel like talking to people even without SA. Even if I wanted to socialize, people will be put off with my inexperience with conversations and my nonexistent personality.
post #31 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 10:19 PM
SAS Member

I am also an outcast here. The popular members of SAS are no worse than Facebook, in that they have a million friends and will not respond to your PM's

SAS also has a hierarchy, and deep down I kinda hate the most popular members, not because they are bad people, but I am ignored and disdained by them.

It is the same with facebook of which I have only spent about 5 hours just checking out old jerks I used to know and daydreaming about how their lives
could have been my life.

If I were cool enough, I would probably have met other SAS chicks in my area by now, but no such luck.

When you think about it, SAS members, who are already largely outcasts, are extremely judgmental and only associate with other "cool" members
within the already largely outcast community.

I have messaged with some members through private messages and E-mail but unfortunately most have trailed off. Sad state of f-ing affairs haha
post #32 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 11:06 PM
♎Mackinac Island Fanatic

Language: English
My Mood: Crappy
Hope I don't regret this...

I seem to often be regarded as "popular" on SAS, but I honestly think the only reason for that is that I post too damn much, especially since I'm invisible on every other site I try to be noticed on (and I've been trying to get noticed online since 2000--forget IRL, people never noticed me there, period).

If you have tens of thousands of posts ;_; you tend to get noticed, and people equate that with popularity, which isn't necessarily true. (I've gotten some pretty hateful comments, including recently. And whenever there are comments about "popular users," I alternate between thinking, "They can't possibly mean me, I'm not popular," and "I wonder how many of them are sitting there loathing me right now.")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Below Average Drone View Post
The popular members of SAS are no worse than Facebook, in that they have a million friends and will not respond to your PM's
The reason I have so many people on my friends list here is because I accept almost every request I get; I don't think I've sent out any friend requests, myself. Too chicken. Them being on my list is more a symbolic gesture than anything, it's not like we keep in touch.

Also, I like to hope that the majority of cases where users don't respond to others' PMs is...because they're anxious/avoidant/shy. :/ I actually had to turn mine off, because replying to people, no matter how friendly they were, stressed me out too much, and I started to get sick of users who took it very personally and began attacking me publicly on the site. I've been accused of snobbery IRL when I was too afraid to respond to people (who I suspected were trying to bait me into replying as part of some cruel joke), and to have to deal with that on a site like this, where I figured everyone else would understand since they're going through the same things, was very discouraging. Other anxious people are the last people I would've expected to mistake my anxiety for snobbery. :/

Don't get me wrong, I understand how much it hurts to reach out to someone and they don't respond. Been there, done that, my entire life, yes, including recently. But I think on a social anxiety site, our silence should be given more leeway, because chances are it's not snobbery or rejection behind it, but anxiety.

Quote:
SAS also has a hierarchy, and deep down I kinda hate the most popular members, not because they are bad people, but I am ignored and disdained by them.
I only actively ignore the users who are rude to me or to others I care about. As for users I don't know, or users I like, again, my silence is just my anxiety (brought on by decades of rejections when I tried to communicate with others), and not actually "ignoring." I suspect it's the same with many other users, too. We aren't usually ignoring each other, we're just too scared to keep in touch. Ask the users here I'm on good terms with and they could tell you I don't usually respond to them, either. ;_;

I understand if you feel hateful or resentful. :/ There are lots of users I envy, myself. I only urge you to reconsider where our silence is coming from.

I don't completely disagree with you about Facebook (stupid site, more asocial than SAS is), and about certain users being judgemental toward others (I've experienced it myself many times), but I don't think this has much to do with associating with the "cool users." I see users who post a lot, like myself; and users who try to be helpful/kind; and users who try to be funny, etc.; and perhaps they get the most replies--but I don't think it's because they're "cooler" than everyone else or that they're part of some exclusive "clique," they're just the ones who post the sort of things that get attention.

Quote:
I have messaged with some members through private messages and E-mail but unfortunately most have trailed off. Sad state of f-ing affairs haha
Fearing that other users are judging me in that manner, sitting there steaming and getting spiteful when I'm cowering on the other side of the computer screen, too terrified to open a new message in my inbox (because I've gotten more criticism and rejection in past e-mails than I care to keep track of), is the reason why I modified my signature and turned off my PMs completely.

I was hesitant to post in this thread for the very reason that I've been "accused" of being a popular user (and here, popularity is considered a bad thing). I'm NEVER popular, so it's a weird accusation to get. But when I see "popular" users criticized, I'd just like people to keep in mind that most of us didn't set out to become "popular," we just posted a lot, people noticed those posts, and...it just happened. It's not like we're actively rejecting or ignoring anyone (well, like I said, except people who are jerks to us).

It's kind of a dumb thing to say on an anxiety site, but if you want to be noticed more, you have to speak up.

And yeah, I know, that's the hard part, and I imagine that's why it sucks so much to feel ignored and unpopular. That's how I've felt my entire life, and on every other website on the Internet. And on the few other sites where I spoke up enough to be noticed, I was hated. If I'm truly considered "popular" here, then it's merely a fluke, and I don't even understand it myself. :/

I didn't get here because I chose to reject and ignore others, though; what would be the point, when I know how much that hurts?

(I think this thread was meant in a somewhat humorous vein, so, I apologize if I brought the whole thing down. Creeping off now.)

If I don't reply to you, it's NOTHING PERSONAL. It's my ANXIETY.

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

(It's legal now!! But Kristeva's already married. ;_; )

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island
post #33 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 11:09 PM
Flying Backwards

My Mood: Relaxed
Do you have to care in order to be a "reject"?

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
post #34 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 11:14 PM
suh dude

My Mood: Chatty
Meh, probably a lot of people do, including myself.

Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?
post #35 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 11:19 PM
Orb
Orblivious

I'm neither accepted or rejected. I'm just...here, for better or for worse
post #36 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 12:16 AM
Planet

My Mood: Crappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfCompulsoryIsolation View Post
Not getting PMs doesn't mean you're not noticed, or not considered interesting.

Take RandomGentleman, for example. Here he is empathizing with your problems, and yet I think he's one of the coolest guys here (to be fair, I feel a connection to anyone with an anime profile picture). But of course, I've never told him that, and I don't intend to message him (nor do I have any desire to do so). We're all here because we suck at communicating with people. Don't take it personally.
This guy right here. We're all rejects and I'm sure hardly any of us ever talk to eachother or get to know each otheo n a more personal level, kind of what this site is about - social weirdos.

JUST DO IT, ******
post #37 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 12:20 AM
not a user title

My Mood: Fine
I don't really engage too much with other individuals on SAS, so I can't expect much in return. Although I do enjoy it just being a place where people can share their thoughts and ideas (a lot of those thoughts and ideas are trolling, which seems to be popular on here, sadly); I don't need it to be a place to socialize.

I've gotten one friend request right after I made the account, and I felt kind of awkward about it, so I didn't really click anything. Finally got around to rejecting it just now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA go0n View Post
My profile views per post count is probably the worst on here. There are females with 10 posts who have more profile views than me.
I'll give you a view My view amount is terrible too, but I like it that way. I don't like people snooping on me, hence why my profile doesn't say too much.
post #38 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 12:38 AM
SAS Member

I guess, it doesn't bother me much though, I would much rather have a real life friend.
post #39 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 12:59 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joked35 View Post
Ah. I used professor cat prior to this mess. I plan on changing it again.
No keep it...poor Scratchy, can't ever catch a break.

post #40 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 01:24 AM
Witch of Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA go0n View Post
Not anymore lol.
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page