Are Normies Living In Paradise? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Duke Duck
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,272
My Mood: Goofy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILOBRAVO View Post
Do people with SA not realise that what they have is a paradox? So you're petrified basically to be around other people or talk or whatever so you avoid situations where people are as much as you can to keep the fear away or limit the fear as much as possible. Or if you're in a place where you're forced to interact such as work etc.. you limit your interactions cause you're scared of the interactions/perceived judgement about yourself that you think others are making or you just feel very anxious or uncomfy there. You're scared of people, basically, so you mostly by choice shy away. So then this limiting behaviour causes you to be ,somewhat or almost entirely excluded/isolated/ostracised (I guess depending on how bad the SA is) But then you complain that you're isolated/excluded\lonely and you want people to like you or to hang out with/BF/GF etc etc.... But then you're too anxious to cope with those things to be comfortable and you do more shying away/limiting behaviour.

Surely if you're petrified of people/interacting/talking, then being away from people should make you happier/more relaxed/ free of the fear of judgement? But shying away as you do makes you lonely/frustrated and wanting human contact? Put you in that human contact and you want out of it again. It's paradoxical and I'm not sure I understand why.

I don't like large animals like cows and horses etc. So putting me in a field to work as a farmer I wouldn't like it. So I'm basically scared/uncomfy\uneasy around large animals in case they charge or go nuts and they weigh a lot so I know I could be injured. So then, I'd Do my best to avoid that job to get away from the big animals.. It'd make no sense then for me to be frustrated/lonely/craving to be back with the big animals in the field. I'd be happy as hell to avoid what made me scared in that situation.

Yeah man SA is a paradox. It's a vicious cycle that keeps feeding on itself and it leads to more problems like loneliness.


The thing is.......short term isolation feels good. It hurts you in the long run. So when you're around people, you just feel like getting away from them as quickly as possible to get temporary relief. But it hurts in the long run.



However there is a problem with getting over SA too. There is a paradox that exists there as well. When you purposely interact with people with the goal of getting over SA and getting rid of loneliness, you come off as needy and that actually pushes people away. So when you try to tackle it with the goal of getting over it, it doesn't work that well. It's a tricky mind game.
DukeDuck is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 04:17 AM
SAS Member
 
Reverie101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Language: English
Gender: Female
Posts: 686
My Mood: Breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatswhat View Post
Yeah, people can talk about how normies "have their own problems." I don't give a f*** almost none of them understand first hand the way isolation makes life meaningless.
I don't like the term normies lol. Wer're all trying to live on this rock and live well. To answer the OP yes they have thier own set of issues like everyone else which could include health issues, financial issues, relationship issues, just a whole host of problems..

however like the person I quoted above; isolation makes life so much harder having social connections make it easier to bear the burdens of life, it gives you hope when you have someone in your circle and having needs met be it emotionally or physically.

It's a nice feeling to be supported, I felt thaT at my baby shower yesterday and thought..wow this i what I was mssing out on all these years.. wow.

having support makes life worth living-- and i just pray and hope my son will be blessed enough to not have to go through SA. I hope and pray he gets to be happy in all the ways I wasn't.

We are in a reverie/ And everything you thought you knew isn't what it seems/ Only truth will set you free/ And I would never lie to you
Reverie101 is offline  
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 01:02 AM
Socializing with myself
 
EmotionlessThug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York, Westbury.
Language: English
Gender: Male
Age: 26
Posts: 4,715
Normies living in the Multi Agent Quantum AI Computers dimension of the copy of humanity, where it clones their awareness.

Maybe, we should desync the normies to regain perceptual awareness, since normies are the most isolated ones than us. What makes the normies isolated the most? The normies are too dependent on the A.I Computers, while the features we have doesn't work that well to depend on the A.I.

Multi-Agent Quantum AI Computers managing humanity 24/7 using Quantum Cryptography Satellites to run a thought interval to generate cryptographic keys to refresh key information into thoughts to channel the communication 24/7.

NSA computionally remapping buildings, jobs, relationships, wealth, education, and income using bio intelligence system to manage citizens time & events in their own environment.

NSA Software Engineers created citizens mind, language and awareness incorrectly.
EmotionlessThug is offline  
 
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 02:56 AM
bipolar
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13,722
Man, I wish I was Normie.
harrison is online now  
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 03:05 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food
 
WillYouStopDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Age: 46
Posts: 28,318
My Mood: Relaxed
Nobody is living in paradise (though some people could be forgiven for believing they are). Everything is temporary.

/WYSD
WillYouStopDave is offline  
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 10:39 AM
SAS Member
 
Peanutbutter Toast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The state of Confusion.
Gender: Male
Age: 33
Posts: 424
Paradise? No. But they definitely feel more alive than we do. Even the ones that get so depressed at the end that they kill themselves, like Chester Bennington, at least had moments of passion, moments of joy, moments of triumph, days of their life that they felt were worthwhile. They aren't perpetually dead inside like we are.
Peanutbutter Toast is offline  
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 01:43 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 101
I know what you mean and have felt exactly that way too with those thoughts, but I think those moments might not feel that elated to a normie as that would be an ongoing thing in their life whereas we are feeling the contrast of a pitiful life against the fleeting feeling of a normie. But I still wonder if that's how it truly is to be them...
GiftoftheGaffe is offline  
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 02:07 PM
butterball
 
Musicfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,050
My Mood: Mellow
There's drama in all aspects of life. One thing that SA suffers have to deal with is often living single. People that enjoy dating can get the endorphins and dopamine rushing in. It feels good and the experience of someone attracted to you makes life feel fuller. Missing out feelsbadman. But then there's also the drama the relationships: breakups, cheating, loss of life. Being self sustaining in life and pushing through the fear gives you the benefits in addition to the negatives. I'm pretty severe on the SA scale so I barely have a "life" and I'm opposite of what's normal so I'm often reminded throughout the day of how a normal life should look like. But in other ways it's nice to be outside the dating grind, not having to deal with people.

"It's a gift to exist, and with existence comes suffering. There's no escaping that."
Stephen Colbert
Musicfan is offline  
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Duke Duck
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,272
My Mood: Goofy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfan69 View Post
There's drama in all aspects of life. One thing that SA suffers have to deal with is often living single. People that enjoy dating can get the endorphins and dopamine rushing in. It feels good and the experience of someone attracted to you makes life feel fuller. Missing out feelsbadman. But then there's also the drama the relationships: breakups, cheating, loss of life. Being self sustaining in life and pushing through the fear gives you the benefits in addition to the negatives. I'm pretty severe on the SA scale so I barely have a "life" and I'm opposite of what's normal so I'm often reminded throughout the day of how a normal life should look like.

Yeah in a way it feels like normies are living more '' extreme '' than us SA people. They go through positives and negatives too.....but their positives and negatives are in a much greater magnitude than our positives and negatives.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfan69 View Post
But in other ways it's nice to be outside the dating grind, not having to deal with people.

Is dating really a grind though? I've always thought its the opposite of a grind because its unpredictable and dynamic. It feels like something new every day. As opposed to SA life which feels monotonous......that's another difference between normies and SA people. When you have an active social life, every day feels new but when you're out of that world, every day feels monotonous. There is a peace factor to it, but it feels bad because you feel like you're missing out on how life was supposed to be
DukeDuck is offline  
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 04:43 PM
butterball
 
Musicfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,050
My Mood: Mellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDuck View Post
Yeah in a way it feels like normies are living more '' extreme '' than us SA people. They go through positives and negatives too.....but their positives and negatives are in a much greater magnitude than our positives and negatives.








Is dating really a grind though? I've always thought its the opposite of a grind because its unpredictable and dynamic. It feels like something new every day. As opposed to SA life which feels monotonous......that's another difference between normies and SA people. When you have an active social life, every day feels new but when you're out of that world, every day feels monotonous. There is a peace factor to it, but it feels bad because you feel like you're missing out on how life was supposed to be

It's a grind when you're as introverted and unattractive like I am. But for most people that enjoy dating, it is just a part of life including the rejection and heartbreak. I believe that a lot have to deal with some nervousness with dating, like asking a person out, or passing bases. I see a lot of questions on "normie" forums about how to approach and dealing with rejection. So it's not a easy path for everyone.

"It's a gift to exist, and with existence comes suffering. There's no escaping that."
Stephen Colbert
Musicfan is offline  
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 07:47 PM
SAS Member
 
Rumplesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 9
My Mood: Devilish
Nope, I refuse to believe that. Everyone suffers at the end of the day. There're people who are more extroverted than me that'll probably have a tougher life who knows. No matter if you're socially inept or a social butterfly, life's not fair in the end to either side I feel.

She was very beautiful. Kind, but sad.
Rumplesty is offline  
post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 09:11 PM
--
 
Omni-slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 905
A social life offers a cognitive distraction, just as video games, books and all forms of escapism do -- to a lesser extent. Without them, you're left to think outside the confines of a social game. It's the difference between watching a movie, and watching the people watching the movie.

I generally oppose to that sort of categorization of people however. They are far too varied.
Omni-slash is offline  
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 10:32 PM
with a white shirt
 
White Shirt Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Cali
Language: English and some spanish
Gender: Male
Posts: 62
My Mood: Blah
The class clown of my school that was well known died trying to rob someone. He didn't struggle with talking to people but he had other problems eating away at him.
White Shirt Guy is offline  
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Duke Duck
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,272
My Mood: Goofy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni-slash View Post
A social life offers a cognitive distraction, just as video games, books and all forms of escapism do -- to a lesser extent. Without them, you're left to think outside the confines of a social game. It's the difference between watching a movie, and watching the people watching the movie.

Yeah but socializing is a primal need in human beings. I remember reading somewhere that social isolation has an affect on your physical health too. Video games and other forms of escapism aren't as primal as something like socializing. A person who doesn't play video games won't necessarily be unhealthier than a person who does. But its very likely for people who don't socialize to be unhealthier than people who do.
DukeDuck is offline  
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 10:14 AM
On An Indefinante Hiatus
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 11,753
No.
iAmCodeMonkey is offline  
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 10:36 AM
Not A Low Calorie Food
 
WillYouStopDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Age: 46
Posts: 28,318
My Mood: Relaxed
Sometimes I think some people do lead charmed lives. Like all I have ever known is conflict and friction and generally unpleasant people.

Sometimes I see people getting along so smoothly and not at each other's throats and I think "Wow. Is that even possible?"

/WYSD
WillYouStopDave is offline  
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 11:04 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILOBRAVO View Post
Do people with SA not realise that what they have is a paradox? So you're petrified basically to be around other people or talk or whatever so you avoid situations where people are as much as you can to keep the fear away or limit the fear as much as possible. Or if you're in a place where you're forced to interact such as work etc.. you limit your interactions cause you're scared of the interactions/perceived judgement about yourself that you think others are making or you just feel very anxious or uncomfy there. You're scared of people, basically, so you mostly by choice shy away. So then this limiting behaviour causes you to be ,somewhat or almost entirely excluded/isolated/ostracised (I guess depending on how bad the SA is) But then you complain that you're isolated/excluded\lonely and you want people to like you or to hang out with/BF/GF etc etc.... But then you're too anxious to cope with those things to be comfortable and you do more shying away/limiting behaviour.

Surely if you're petrified of people/interacting/talking, then being away from people should make you happier/more relaxed/ free of the fear of judgement? But shying away as you do makes you lonely/frustrated and wanting human contact? Put you in that human contact and you want out of it again. It's paradoxical and I'm not sure I understand why.

I don't like large animals like cows and horses etc. So putting me in a field to work as a farmer I wouldn't like it. So I'm basically scared/uncomfy\uneasy around large animals in case they charge or go nuts and they weigh a lot so I know I could be injured. So then, I'd Do my best to avoid that job to get away from the big animals.. It'd make no sense then for me to be frustrated/lonely/craving to be back with the big animals in the field. I'd be happy as hell to avoid what made me scared in that situation.

Yeah, I think a lot of us understand it, yet we still have this nature,lol.
GeorgeMilton is offline  
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 02:16 PM
VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lithuania
Gender: Male
Age: 25
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDuck View Post
I've mostly been a loner for my life except for a few occasions. Notably in middle school. Back then I had a few good friends who I used to interact with daily (including one girl who I had a crush on and went out with for some time).



I remember feeling emotionally high during that stage. Almost as if I had moved into an upper dimension. I'm not saying everything was perfect and magical, I'm just saying that I felt like a left a previous dimension (a dimension which was very familiar to me and where I've been for the majority of my life).



And this new dimension I was in felt more colorful and vibrant (it had positive aspects as well as negative ones), and I felt strangely more energetic here (emotionally energetic)....not necessarily physically energetic.



And the previous dimension I was in wasn't necessarily bad. I could enjoy life in that dimension too but it lacked something. The difference between this previous dimension and this new dimension was kind of like the difference between having a strong cup of coffee and not having the coffee. It wasn't bad, it just felt like it lacked punch.


Makes me wonder....is that how normies feel like all the time? Are they forever living in this upper dimension? It must be normal to them. They don't think of it in terms of dimensions. To them it must be just '' life '' because they have nothing to compare it to.
That's all relative but it's also how we individually perceive reality upon waking up.
For someone it might hell, for someone else this might be the paradise.
And no I'm not talking about what you do don't have, your social status, financial situation or physical health even.
Oh and don't try to blame it on your circumstances like "I have SA" either.
dotBSC is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome