Anyone else going through tough times right now? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 12:12 PM
SAS Member

Language: English, a little Japanese, Java, C#, C++
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotBSC View Post
I don't intend to sound selfish, not at all. But in your case there are clear signs from objective point of view why one might say that it's tough for them and absolutely everyone would understand.
Those things, hardship, is incredibly hard to compare without getting into another person's skin. If we can all agree that let's say very severe depression at the point when the person all could think is suicide is as bad as it gets.. Then the question arises how can we compare circumstantial and chemical hardship.
I didn't even mention the chemical hardship ATM, as I thought that went without saying. I haven't been this depressed in about 10 years, and my anxiety is constantly ramped up. There are things I can't say on this board because it'll just get deleted, or maybe get me banned. So I won't. But I'm pretty much done with everything.

"Here we may reign secure, and in my choyce / To reign is worth ambition though in Hell: / Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heav'n" - "Satan", Paradise Lost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 08:47 PM
SAS Member

This has been a crazy year, even before the whole virus got started. I really expected some of it was coming anyway. In my experience, when crap happens, it starts to really pile on, so I guess I'm not that surprised. I'm just trying to push through it, and hoping greener fields are ahead at some point, even if I can't see it yet. In fact, I know there will be.

Sorry to hear about what you're going through. I know what you mean about feeling disconnected mentally from the things you like. I've had the same, it is the stress and depression that causes it.

Underneath the cold November sky, I wait for you... As the pages of my life roll by, I wait for you... I'm so desperate just to see your face, meet me in this broken place...

Be a little brave for a little bit of time.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 01:16 AM
SAS Member

I'm feeling depressed now. Mainly about work situation.

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 01:28 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Scared
Things started out great for me and then slowly got worse as the months flew by. Things are strange and I donít know howís I feel about things most of the time nowadays.

I had several girlfriends and hookups over the course of this year and slowly they all left me AND blocked me. There were only a few girlfriends or acquaintances that I decided to leave because I was unhappy with them and now I just have a FWB relationship.

I also got fired last week despite my efforts to do the best I can at my job. Been there since last November and they just gave up on me like that. So now Iím trying to apply for unemployment benefits but since I never worked at a job for more than a year, I donít think Iíll get anything. Itís just very unfair and cruel.

On top of that, my health isnít exactly good either Iíve been having extreme toothaches. Might be due to an infection in my wisdom tooth so in a few hours, Iíll be at the dentist for the first time in my life. Hoping for a good recovery.

I've been seeking happiness for years.
I've lived in hiding from the darkness.
I've spent so many hours in question.
I've prayed that God finds me soon.
Only to realize I must find myself.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 07:35 PM
aldehyde dehydrogenaser

Language: Luuvvvv
Yes. My therapist mentioned day treatment recently, twice a week. I'm like, okay. I see. I don't disagree
But I can only imagine it's like this for everyone, even "normal" people. Even celebrities with their privileged lives. Even those blissfully unaware, even the ignorant. Even those that are "okay"
Music seems to be a saving grace lately.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 08:53 PM
Wayfaring Stranger

My Mood: Twisted
Just depression being depression. Anxiety has been a bit bad as well. Normally im alright, but right now i care a little too much about people looking at me, especially when im being laughed at, which people actually do sadly.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-30-2020, 10:21 PM
SAS Member

There are millions here struggling to put food on the table while I live in my comfortable and safe bubble.

Yet I know sooner or later an invisible death is going to come through the door and it will kill me, some family members or perhaps even both.

It's hard to reconcile those two realities.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page