Annoying kid, I want to grab him by the throat - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
"Why So Serious?"

Annoying kid, I want to grab him by the throat

Okay so here is the story, I work at a grocery store and there is this 13 year old girl who lives in front of the store and she comes to the store all the time to offer us plates. Like she will offer mexican food and sell it to us including drink and everything. Sometimes I buy and sometimes I don't, thats besides the point though. Well, she also sometimes comes in with her little brother who must be about 8 years old who is always selling popsicles. Last Friday she and her lil bro came in an offered me popsicles and I asked how much they where and he said "2 for a dollar, or 50 cents each" and I told him "thats too expensive, ill buy 4 for a dollar". Money is currently tight so I am not going to spend a dollar on two popsicles he bought at the store I work in who are 99 cents for a pack of 12. He kept on nagging me to buy and I refused and out of nowhere he winds up his arm and punches my forearm. I was seriously pissed, and I think his sister could tell so they left soon after.

Well today (monday), they came again and the girl always chats up with us and her lil brother was there too and I told him again his shiz was too expensive and I kept telling him I didn't want any and while I was talking to his big sister he kicks me in the shin pretty hard and at such an angle that it caused a very slight bruise which eventually scabbed. As soon as he kicked me I said "what are you doing?!?" in a pretty firm and pissed off voice. I wanted to grab him and punch him straight in the mouth so so bad. His sister was pissed at him too and they left quickly after he did that.

I am still pissed off, I have a very short temper and I don't like it when people touch me and even less hit me. I didn't say anything more cause the girl is very nice and well me being 6feet 210lbs against a 4feet or so 7-8 year old doesn't look to good. If he does this again, what do you guys think I should do?

The only thing consistent in life is change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 12:22 AM
Hot Garbage Stew

I hate kids too, with a passion, but please refrain yourself, lol. Think about it, you're letting a little kid get on your nerves, but that's all they are, little kids. They'll probably get bored of you or if things get too bad for you just go somewhere else. My current problem is my nephew who is too (I know the terrible twos or whatever) and I just can't handle him. He'll do everything and anything to annoy me and I have a feeling that he'll be just as bad when he's older, so I just refuse to babysit anymore
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 12:26 AM
SAS Member

Just tell them to beat it.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 06:30 AM
SAS Member

Is it illegal to hit a kid back? Cause that's what I would do. If you don't want to do that, just tell your manager this kid is harassing you and you can't work with him around. In fact, I'm not even sure if it's legal for them to sell stuff on another store's grounds.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 08:51 AM

What? Seriously? I'd hate to see what'd happen if a cat ran across your keyboard or if a baby threw his toy at you. Going to punch them too?

Just don't talk to him. Ignore him. Smile at the girl, say hello, and just keep walking.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 08:54 AM

Try to get him banned from the store.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 09:24 AM
is getting over herself

Umm - just a thought here, but why not talk to the parents? If they care anything about what their kids are up to, let them know that their son's behaviour is unacceptable.

I caught an 8 year old girl knocking on our front door, then running away. Knocking on our front door, then running away...etc etc. I was walking up the street - my poor spouse kept answering the door. I walked up there PDQ and told her to take me where she lives, *right now*. which she did. When she walked into her house, I knocked on the door. Her mother came to the doorway, I told her what she was up to, and she said, "I'll sort it". It never happened again.

Granted, some parents don't give a crap, but what if they do? They should know, give them a chance to sort their own kids out.

Live Cage Free!!!! or, at least be wild caught.
SnowFlakesFire:

You can rebuild your self-esteem. Rebuild it into a way that others cannot destroy it anymore.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 09:30 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb View Post
No one wants to be defeated.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 09:37 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ununderstood View Post
Okay so here is the story, I work at a grocery store and there is this 13 year old girl who lives in front of the store and she comes to the store all the time to offer us plates. Like she will offer mexican food and sell it to us including drink and everything. Sometimes I buy and sometimes I don't, thats besides the point though. Well, she also sometimes comes in with her little brother who must be about 8 years old who is always selling popsicles. Last Friday she and her lil bro came in an offered me popsicles and I asked how much they where and he said "2 for a dollar, or 50 cents each" and I told him "thats too expensive, ill buy 4 for a dollar". Money is currently tight so I am not going to spend a dollar on two popsicles he bought at the store I work in who are 99 cents for a pack of 12. He kept on nagging me to buy and I refused and out of nowhere he winds up his arm and punches my forearm. I was seriously pissed, and I think his sister could tell so they left soon after.

Well today (monday), they came again and the girl always chats up with us and her lil brother was there too and I told him again his shiz was too expensive
His shiz?

Oh I like that.

Quote:
and I kept telling him I didn't want any and while I was talking to his big sister he kicks me in the shin pretty hard and at such an angle that it caused a very slight bruise which eventually scabbed. As soon as he kicked me I said "what are you doing?!?" in a pretty firm and pissed off voice. I wanted to grab him and punch him straight in the mouth so so bad. His sister was pissed at him too and they left quickly after he did that.

I am still pissed off, I have a very short temper and I don't like it when people touch me and even less hit me. I didn't say anything more cause the girl is very nice and well me being 6feet 210lbs against a 4feet or so 7-8 year old doesn't look to good. If he does this again, what do you guys think I should do?
Well you definitely shouldn't hit him. I don't think "doesn't look good" even begins to cover how bad a move that would be.

If these kids are being a nuisance (and it sounds like the little brat definitely is, even if his sister knows how to behave in public) then can't you have then banned from the store?

I hate little kids being allowed to behave like brats in public. Why do their parents think that the rest of us should have to tolerate their badly behaved offspring?
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 11:15 AM
crazy

he needs to learn some rules. the next time he comes in, say no touching or hitting other people, or i'm gonna have to ban you from the store.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Permanently Banned

I don't think violence is the answer. I think you should try to command more respect by your attitude towards him. It's the same reason why some teachers find it easy to control a class of kids, whereas others cannot. How to command respect though I have no idea.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 11:36 AM
UnDeRrAtED

Language: SPanish and English fluently
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb View Post
Agree. too much negative programming.

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence and than success is sure," Mark Twain

-------------------------------------------------------
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 11:37 AM
User Requested Permanent Ban

Quote:

Don't wait for him to do it again. Go and have a talk with his parents. Don't be mean. Don't act like you're angry. Just be nice and explain what happened and explain to them that you're not trying to be a jerk but you can't have their kid punching and kicking you while you're trying to do your job.

He's just a kid. 8 years old. You may not have done the same things as he does when you were 8 but you probably weren't a perfect angel either, right? He's barely out of kindergarten.

Do not lay a finger on him whatever you do. You don't have any idea what you're in for if you hit an 8 year old kid.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
"Why So Serious?"

I wouldn't hit an 8yr old kid, I know there is a lot of consequences to that action. I was just saying what I would of loved to do and what I wanted to do, and if in my perfect world it was ok to do that then I'd do it without hesitation. I don't think many people understand why some people hate to be touched or w/e but its one of the things that pisses me off the most. Then, to get a little brat disrespect me and actually hit me...arrrgh. I HATE kids.

I probably can't tell his mom, shes a typical Mexican mother that defends each kid as if they would never do something bad. What I will probably do is tell his sister to keep him away from me and let my floor manager know bout this. I won't tell him about the little boy hitting me but rather tell him that they are taking time away from me and that way he will do something about it.

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 02:58 PM
is getting over herself

Quote:

I probably can't tell his mom, shes a typical Mexican mother
You may want to rethink this.

SnowFlakesFire:

You can rebuild your self-esteem. Rebuild it into a way that others cannot destroy it anymore.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
"Why So Serious?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardess View Post
You may want to rethink this.
Nah, I know Mexican mothers...I have one myself.

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 03:02 PM
is getting over herself

Quote:
Nah, I know Mexican mothers...I have one myself.
fair enough.

SnowFlakesFire:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page