Analogies for SA! - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Analogies for SA!

Hi everyone! Wasn't sure where to post this so I settled on the Frustration section, though I hope it might provide a few laughs and cheer you up if you've had a bad day

Recently, I was having a conversation with myself about the process of making friends when you're shy (and yes, these conversations are a freakishly regular occurence lol ) and I came up with a personal analogy to summarise the problem.

To me, SA is like a great iceberg which I am encased in everywhere I go. People, including myself, emit warm rays of 'personality' which, when directed at me, begin to melt the ice. The problem is, it takes a LONG time to melt an iceberg, and most people don't have the patience to keep it up , so the ice never melts, and I remain cut off behind a cold wall. The few friends who have melted the whole block have gotten to know the me inside, proving it only takes a little patience and commitment!

So, how about you guys - what does SA feel like to you? Be as creative as you like!

Of course you don't understand me - I don't understand myself either!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 04:18 PM
I have no heart!!

good topic!!!!

To me sa is like a very very loud song playing in your ear and your unable to concentrate on anything else because of it.. You may like the song , in which case , you dont want to hear anything else ( or change). Or u hate it and want to change but cant becasue the the earbuds are superglued to your ears!!!!!!!!

The stalker that walks awkward!!!!!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 04:26 PM
SAS Member

It's like this dense fog, and you can go in a million different directions, but you don't know which ones will lead you out of the fog, and which ones will just make the smoke thicker til you can't even breath any more, so you just stay where you are.

This might be more of a metaphor for my GAD and depression than SA. hmmm....

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Don't text me, bro

Good one.

Q _________________________ Q

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ." Gandhi

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page