Am I wrong for this? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Am I wrong for this?

Hey guys, so this is not really a serious situation but I need someone's opinion and I'm not sure where else to post this. So anyway I'm a 19 year old and I really want a tattoo and a septum peircing. The tattoo is of a bible verse that is special to me because it encourages me to think positive. I struggle with negative thoughts and I wanted something on my body that cheers me up when I'm sad. This tattoo has a special meaning to me. And the septum piercing is just something I wanted. I have my own job and I was going to pay for this tattoo and piercing myself. Anyway my dad wont let me have them because he thinks I should be satisfied with what I have. In reality, I dont think he wants me to get a peircing or a tattoo despite me having money to do so and the fact that I have been wanting the septum piercing for three years now. A long time ago, he told me that when I'm grown and have my own money that I can get a piercing/tattoo. Now that those conditions are met, he still wont let me have it. Keep in mind that I'm not asking him to pay for it, but I am paying for it myself. Should I just obey my dad and not go to the tattoo shop?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 09:02 AM
SAS Member

Language: Portuguese, French, German, English
My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitegalaxycat View Post
Hey guys, so this is not really a serious situation but I need someone's opinion and I'm not sure where else to post this. So anyway I'm a 19 year old and I really want a tattoo and a septum peircing. The tattoo is of a bible verse that is special to me because it encourages me to think positive. I struggle with negative thoughts and I wanted something on my body that cheers me up when I'm sad. This tattoo has a special meaning to me. And the septum piercing is just something I wanted. I have my own job and I was going to pay for this tattoo and piercing myself. Anyway my dad wont let me have them because he thinks I should be satisfied with what I have. In reality, I dont think he wants me to get a peircing or a tattoo despite me having money to do so and the fact that I have been wanting the septum piercing for three years now. A long time ago, he told me that when I'm grown and have my own money that I can get a piercing/tattoo. Now that those conditions are met, he still wont let me have it. Keep in mind that I'm not asking him to pay for it, but I am paying for it myself. Should I just obey my dad and not go to the tattoo shop?
I am pretty sure that getting a tattoo and piercing isn't very Christian. I would find something else. I used to wear a Saint Benedict medal to stay positive.

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist." ~ Our Lady of La Salette

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page