All my goals are long term - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Permanently Banned

All my goals are long term

I'm a very patient person (I think you have to be with this condition), but any changes that I want to happen in my life are going to take a long time and it frustrates me.

-My degree is going to take another two years to complete (everyone else my age has finished theirs)
-It's going to take time to build up my confidence to get a part time job (though I should really push myself), ditto for travel or anything adventurous
-I started working out this year and it's going to take another year or so to really get somewhere
- It will probably be ages until i get a girlfriend

I feel like im always planning for a future that never happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 01:30 PM
SAS Member

Hey man I'm the same, and I find nothing ever comes to my satisfaction. I think you have to find short term goals and pleasures that ground you and move you closer towards the long term goals
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 01:31 PM
SAS Member

You have a great mindset....Many people live in the "Now" and are worse off in the future than people who "plan for the future" like yourself...Keep working hard and staying motivated and it will pay off trust me....I was the same way, in fact I still am the same way and I am finally starting to reap the rewards of long-term planning and goals....But have a little fun here and there....

Hard work and smart planning pays off

Keep at it...You've got the right attitude...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page