A year of searching for a job but still empty handed.. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

A year of searching for a job but still empty handed..

I began my career search back in October of last year, while I was still a senior in college..continued it through the school year, graduated in June, went to Europe with friends for about a month, and moved back home in early August.

I still have yet to have landed anything however, and have basically spent the last two months plus at home being a world class bum.

I have decent work experience/extra curriculars, and a math/econ degree from UCLA..and don't have the biggest problem getting interviews or replies..but once the interview comes it's usually all downhill from there. I've applied to at least 100 different positions, have gone on at least a dozen interviews, and while I've made it past round 1 on certain occassions, I've yet to get that final acceptance yet.

I am slightly picky at what I want to do, as I consider myself to be rather ambitious and want a challenging career..and I've read plenty of interview guides, and given all my experience with them I am quite adept as to WHAT to say, but have problems actually getting it out.

Just this week I had an interview with Google over the phone, and another company that deals with the foreign exchange market..both of which doesn't seem very hopeful for.

How can I keep from being so discouraged after so much rejection?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 03:58 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
I began my career search back in October of last year, while I was still a senior in college..continued it through the school year, graduated in June, went to Europe with friends for about a month, and moved back home in early August.
You're not me are you? That is me exactly. Right down to my month-long trip around Europe in June.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page