A guy @work is making me sick - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

A guy @work is making me sick

The guy who sits next to me coughs like an old engine. It's REALLY loud and goes on & on. By the time he gets to the end, it sounds like his bladder is coming out of his mouth.

You would think he gets some medication and get it over with, but this vile hacking has been going on for months. I got sick twice this month already.

My question is, why does this bother me only? Are the others bothered too but being all British about it (elephant in the living room kind of thing)?

I'm too afraid to talk. WTF am I going to say that doesn't sound like I am a bigger inconsiderate jerk than they already think I am? Plus, I cannot really ask someone to take care of his health.

There is no company policy against coughing, just as there is none against farting, but people don't do either out of consideration for others. Maybe this guy has a pumpkin for a brain.

What should I do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 01:43 AM
User Requested Permanent Ban

There's not much you can do..I have a family member that gets coughing fits even though she isn't sick (it's usually an allergy thing)

But I totally get that it's insanely annoying haha. Whenever someone had a cough during school it would drive me nuts all class.

I guess one subtle thing you could do is ask if the guy is ok after he coughs a bunch. If he's semi-self aware he might be like "shoot, im bugging people" and try to stop. I'm bad at confrontation though so that'd be my only plan lol. listening to music would be my backup plan
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 02:00 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipFuj View Post
ask if the guy is ok after he coughs a bunch. If he's semi-self aware
Trust me I have tried that. He always says he is okay and it's just a cough. Yes buddy but when you cough like every 10 minutes continuously for 6 months, it is not JUST A COUGH. It is pneumonia.

I even suggested a doctor to him. I have tried walking away from my seat. Told him I got sick twice this month "for some reason". Still nothing.

He is married and has a kid. I feel like giving an anonymous phone call to his wife to check whether she is deaf.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

70 views and 1 reply?
Man! I AM a jerk.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page