Photos of Your Hobby or Interest - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2020, 03:02 AM Thread Starter
❤️ Administrator ❤️

Photos of Your Hobby or Interest

This is where you can post photos of your hobbies and interests. If you have a collection, made something, won something or bought something, you can show everyone here.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2020, 11:21 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Paranoid
Bought something:

I lost my cool letter-opener, so I got that cheap one from Amazon. My OCD doesn't allow me to open a letter without a tool. :-D

Fall seven times, get up eight.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2020, 08:00 AM
SAS Member

Language: French/English
My Mood: Pensive
I have a lot of hockey cards. Well, I used to have a lot, until I sold some to a neighbor, because I thought these oversized binder took too much space. One was so overloaded, it couldn't close. It was in a V shape lol. I had 3 large ones. Regret selling them. I kept the more expensive ones, but the ones I liked best weren't exactly related to their price tag, I figured after some time.. Anyway, I have some that I kept, quite a bit but... I randomly found a nice one. The neighbor to whom I sold my cards, he only keeps the $$ ones and puts the rest in the recycle bin. I just found that one possibly escaping the bin when it got emptied by the truck.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2020, 09:29 AM
Failure's Art

Photography is a hobby of mine. Here is a random photo I took a while back. I thought it was kind of an interesting shot.

It's a pic of the front window of some kind of store or something. The bike and sidewalk are reflections of the street on the window. The scaffolding looking thing was inside the building. And I adjusted the aperture to blur the text on the window. So you have three elements all sort of blended together, the window itself, the street and the inside of the building.

too scared to live; too scared to die
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2020, 07:00 AM
SAS Member

I like to create I guess 'glitch art' sometimes and here's a couple I made a while ago. I've made them smaller to fit into this thread. I'm thinking about seeing if I can sell larger copies at some stage.

Glitch hawk

Glitch tree
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2020, 07:12 AM
Failure's Art

@john.myles I love your glitch art - very cool. Do you use Photoshop to create it?

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2020, 07:25 AM
SAS Member

Hey, thanks for your comment @either/or , much appreciated. 🙏

I don't actually have Photoshop, it's good though. I mainly use Paint.net, Photoscape, and 3 online glitching tools. And I download images like the hawk or the tree from Pixabay. All copyright free and freeware.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2020, 06:17 PM
Failure's Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.myles View Post
Hey, thanks for your comment @either/or , much appreciated. ��

I don't actually have Photoshop, it's good though. I mainly use Paint.net, Photoscape, and 3 online glitching tools. And I download images like the hawk or the tree from Pixabay. All copyright free and freeware.

It kind of reminds me of this album cover which I really like, like it wasn't assembled right due to a system glitch or something. I like art that is a little bit discordant with contrasting colors or textures. When I was in college I took a design class and created a discordant piece that reminds me of the one with the hawk, though I did it on physical paper not electronically. I printed off a scene from a horror movie onto like 10 different pastel colored pieces of paper then cut them up and reassembled them into one picture so it looked like the there were all these colors running through the scene but it was just the different colored pieces of paper all stitched together. Wish I had a pic of it but I didn't think to take one at the time and I'm sure its long gone by now.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-17-2020, 03:15 AM
SAS Member

@either/or

Wow, I like that pic you posted, that whole style. 👍👍

Awesome - that piece you made must've looked cool, all right. Yes, the 'slice' effect. Yup, I did a similar thing in the hawk pic with the two vertical slices of the clouds. You can get really creative and do all sorts of different things with them. Actually, these days, you see a lot of glitch in commercial graphics and music videos as well, but it's been around in one form or another since about the '80s, I believe (remember Max Headroom?) There's something about the look of technology 'malfunctioning' that's obviously quite appealing to the eye.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-17-2020, 07:29 AM
SAS Member

Language: English, português, Français, Deutsch
My Mood: Bored
Nvidia
Attached Thumbnails
nvidia.jpg  

"Without the knowledge to lead so you just follow the sheep"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page