Why Come To SAS .. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired

Why Come To SAS ..

I've seen more than a few posts over the last couple of months in the forums and blogs by people who are frustrated because they're not getting what they believe they should be getting from this site.. It raises the question, just what exactly can one expect from an online support group, which is essentially what SAS is.. I believe it can be summed up best by a quote from one of my favorite authors, Kurt Vonnegut:

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone."

If just a few people take some sort of peace away with them after visiting this site, then I believe it has more than fufilled it's purpose.. It takes effort though.. Sometimes peace must be sought, and fought for inside of our own heads.. We can't just blame the world for not loving us, or understanding us "enough" .. Sometimes we need to accept, and love ourselves, and sometimes we just need to RECIEVE the love and acceptance that is already out there, but we've denied ourselves for our own dubious (at best) reasons..

I'll be posting this in a couple of different forums.. I hope it isn't interpreted as spam because I sincerely mean it with all my heart.. and I hope that the people who need to get this message do get it..

I hope it all falls into place for each and every one of you.. no matter who you are..

".. go into the arts. Iím not kidding. The arts are not a way to make a living. They are a very human way of making life more bearable. Practising an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heavenís sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possibly can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something" - Kurt Vonnegut (on creative writing)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 07:12 PM
SAS Member

Thankyou so much for this. It does give a whole new light on why I am here.

I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying. ~ Charles C. Finn

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page