What is one thing you are looking forward to? - Page 57 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1121 of 1147 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 02:16 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
looking forward to getting out of the house, getting enough rest at the proper time and going to church with a wonderful band and singing and listening to the sermon! That was more than one, hopefully it's ok otherwise I shall post somewhere else next time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1122 of 1147 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 05:31 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqwsderf View Post
My trip next month!
One more weekend! 🙂
post #1123 of 1147 (permalink) Old 02-18-2020, 09:43 PM
bipolar

Quote:
One more weekend! 🙂
Take a jacket young lady - it'll be cold. I was looking at the temp of London today in the paper and it said 2-9 C. That's pretty cool.

post #1124 of 1147 (permalink) Old 02-18-2020, 10:03 PM
la berlingotière

Language: American English
looking forward to watching the latest Jane Austen movie, Emma.
post #1125 of 1147 (permalink) Old 02-19-2020, 09:18 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
Take a jacket young lady - it'll be cold. I was looking at the temp of London today in the paper and it said 2-9 C. That's pretty cool.
Definitely. And I'm from Florida so idk how I'll adapt lol. I'm just hoping I'm not exaggerating by taking a parka.
post #1126 of 1147 (permalink) Old 02-19-2020, 09:20 AM
alien monk

games night tomorrow night!
and games meetup on saturday.
and whatever other games are coming up lol.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #1127 of 1147 (permalink) Old 02-19-2020, 11:42 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Definitely. And I'm from Florida so idk how I'll adapt lol. I'm just hoping I'm not exaggerating by taking a parka.
Oh okay - another person from Florida. From what @zonebox says I think i'd probably like it there - lots of old people (like me) and they drive around nice and slow. (plus it's nice and warm) I should move there one day.

I'd take a parka for sure. I'm thinking I might go to London again soon - but I'll leave it till the weather warms up a bit. I was there and in Paris in the winter back when I was manic and it was bloody cold.
post #1128 of 1147 (permalink) Old 02-20-2020, 03:34 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Oh okay - another person from Florida. From what @zonebox says I think i'd probably like it there - lots of old people (like me) and they drive around nice and slow. (plus it's nice and warm) I should move there one day. <a href="http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="" >:-)</a>

I'd take a parka for sure. I'm thinking I might go to London again soon - but I'll leave it till the weather warms up a bit. I was there and in Paris in the winter back when I was manic and it was bloody cold.
You would have to move to a smaller town/city, maybe. But any of the major cities will have pretty bad traffic. For example, Miami is #4 in the rudest cities of the US and #6 for worst traffic lol

Well...I hope I survive then. &#x1f91e;
post #1129 of 1147 (permalink) Old 02-20-2020, 07:23 AM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
Quote:
Oh okay - another person from Florida. From what @zonebox says I think i'd probably like it there - lots of old people (like me) and they drive around nice and slow. (plus it's nice and warm) I should move there one day.

They are much older than you Harrison, and they do drive really slow. The problem is, a lot of them are also heavily medicated, and have a delayed response. They will often pull out in front of you while you are moving at 55 mph, it is pretty scary around here at times. Otherwise it is actually kind of boring around here, it is mostly doctor offices, churches, generic restaurants, and get this.. not a single bookstore Well, I do think there is one old beat up used book store actually, which sells mostly novels. They did put in a large assisted living facility just a few weeks ago though.

Where I live, it is kind of bland, stucco homes almost all either a tan, pink, or light blue color, almost all of the a single story, same with the stores. I do live about ten minutes from the gulf, which is pretty cool, but it is so overpopulated here. The population is listed slightly less than 100,000 with a median age of 44 - but that does not include all of the snowbirds, which we have a lot of. Also that census was in 2010, back in 2010 we were going through a large recession, a lot of houses were empty.. now they are all full, I imagine we are probably at around 150,000 now

Take a look at how packed we are in together in this google map.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_Hill,_Florida

The roads are never really that empty this time of year, it is usually bumper to bumper here. The video was released in July, so most of the snowbirds were gone.

I took this video 8 years ago, it gives a pretty good look at my neighborhood, and even has my boat in it Unfortunately, my boat is now on the side of my house and covered in vegetation. I feel really uncomfortable working on it, because people moved in next door and climbing on top of it, gives me a full view of their house.

We may be moving soon though, because it looks like they are putting in a new commercial business, my house may become a parking lot I'm okay with that, I would prefer something with a little more privacy. We purchased this house for $69k in 2008, now it is valued at 120k, so we could afford to move up a bit.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
post #1130 of 1147 (permalink) Old 02-20-2020, 12:02 PM
SAS Member

I've been to Spring Hill...don't you all have a lot of sinkholes? It's not a major city. Definitely what I'd consider a smaller town. Florida is very diverse. Takes 8 hrs to drive from the south of the state all the way to the north. So it's hard to paint an overall picture. North is closer to what we call the "bible belt" of the US and the south is more latin flavored.
post #1131 of 1147 (permalink) Old 02-20-2020, 02:44 PM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Inspired
@aqwsderf

We make the top ten list of Florida when it comes to sinkholes. To me, this place is way too crowded I am used to living in the middle of the sticks, and was raised in a town of about 5,000 people. It kind of does have the small town look, because there are so many houses here but not nearly as many businesses. We get a lot of retirees, snow birds, and people that commute to Tampa. To me, a city invokes images of tall buildings, apartments, condos, but here it is mostly just houses stacked upon houses Of course, being that everything is fairly far spaced apart, everyone gets in their cars to go everywhere, which congests traffic. Our public transport is okay, but rarely used and only arrives at the bus stops every hour.

Live and let live
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"Whoever fights monsters should
see to it that in the process he does not become a
monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss,
the abyss will gaze back into you."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://zbox.neocities.org/
post #1132 of 1147 (permalink) Old 02-20-2020, 04:39 PM
SAS Member

Breakfast tomorrow morning
post #1133 of 1147 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 03:14 AM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonebox View Post
We may be moving soon though, because it looks like they are putting in a new commercial business, my house may become a parking lot I'm okay with that, I would prefer something with a little more privacy. We purchased this house for $69k in 2008, now it is valued at 120k, so we could afford to move up a bit.
That's amazing you can get a house for that mate - but I'm glad you could get one and that you'll be able to move up in the housing market a bit.

Melbourne is very expensive - my wife's house was about 350 or so I think - about 14 years ago. Now it'd be worth around the 8 or 9 hundred mark. You don't get much for less than a million here - not in a decent area anyway.

Yeah - I won't be moving anywhere tbh. I'd miss my wife and my son too much anyway. If anything I'll just spend a bit more time up in SE Asia as I get older - especially Bali of course, I know that place very well and I have a few friends there. Really nice people.

I could go and live in the Uk if I wanted to - I have a British passport because of my Dad, but I'll probably just visit and try and find nice old books.
post #1134 of 1147 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 05:36 AM
SAS Member

Language: English, português, Français, Deutsch
My Mood: Bored
rohde and schwarz oscilloscope

"Without the knowledge to lead so you just follow the sheep"
post #1135 of 1147 (permalink) Old 02-23-2020, 11:39 AM
SAS Member

My Amazon package
post #1136 of 1147 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 08:02 PM
SAS Member

Spring

A woman with the widest smile... and the sharpest scissors
post #1137 of 1147 (permalink) Old 02-26-2020, 05:08 PM
SAS Member

My mentor coming tomorrow
post #1138 of 1147 (permalink) Old 02-27-2020, 04:54 PM
SAS Member

looking forward to going out tomorrow, Sunday church and family outing, church fitness class and adult bible study group
post #1139 of 1147 (permalink) Old 03-01-2020, 05:02 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Breezy
Talking to my former chemistry teacher on Friday. She always makes me smile and the last time we talked she gave me a hug!

God bless you
post #1140 of 1147 (permalink) Old 03-11-2020, 11:23 AM
SAS Member

Hopefully getting hired. I really need this. Not just financially but to really focus on myself. I'm just tired. Just thinking about having a job makes somewhat happy because I been holding out in having things for a very long time.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page