What is one thing you are looking forward to? - Page 56 - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1101 of 1114 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 09:19 PM
bipolar
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14,418
Hopefully getting some medication that works. And maybe a new shrink.
harrison is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1102 of 1114 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 02:30 PM
Persona Non Grata
 
Citrine79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: United States
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,486
My Mood: Crappy
~watching hockey tonight

~appointment with my therapist in a few days
Citrine79 is offline  
post #1103 of 1114 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 05:32 PM
SAS Member
 
aqwsderf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA
Gender: Female
Age: 27
Posts: 253
My trip next month!
aqwsderf is online now  
 
post #1104 of 1114 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 06:09 PM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 9
I guess turning 30 ))
Powerimpulse is offline  
post #1105 of 1114 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 03:28 PM
bipolar
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqwsderf View Post
My trip next month!
Where are you off to?
harrison is offline  
post #1106 of 1114 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 04:21 PM
SAS Member
 
aqwsderf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA
Gender: Female
Age: 27
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqwsderf View Post
My trip next month!
Where are you off to? <a href="http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="" >:-)</a>
London &#x1f642;
aqwsderf is online now  
post #1107 of 1114 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 04:31 PM
bipolar
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqwsderf View Post
London &#x1f642;
OMG!!!

I'm coming too.
harrison is offline  
post #1108 of 1114 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 04:51 PM
SAS Member
 
aqwsderf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA
Gender: Female
Age: 27
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post

OMG!!!

I'm coming too.
Lol see you there &#x1f602;
aqwsderf is online now  
post #1109 of 1114 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 05:49 PM
bipolar
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqwsderf View Post
Lol see you there &#x1f602;
No worries. Last time I was there I was manic as hell - about 8 or 9 years ago. I was driving an unregistered BMW I'd bought on ebay around the city, but I had no idea where to go. So I used to get out and ask a taxi to go there and I'd follow along behind him. It was pretty weird.

I want to go again when I'm fairly normal.
harrison is offline  
post #1110 of 1114 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 08:05 PM
SAS Member
 
aqwsderf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA
Gender: Female
Age: 27
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post

No worries. Last time I was there I was manic as hell - about 8 or 9 years ago. I was driving an unregistered BMW I'd bought on ebay around the city, but I had no idea where to go. So I used to get out and ask a taxi to go there and I'd follow along behind him. It was pretty weird.

I want to go again when I'm fairly normal.
Wow how about gps? I'd be scared to drive somewhere I've never been. This will be my first out of country trip.
aqwsderf is online now  
post #1111 of 1114 (permalink) Old 01-21-2020, 10:20 PM
bipolar
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqwsderf View Post
Wow how about gps? I'd be scared to drive somewhere I've never been. This will be my first out of country trip.
Oh no the driving was okay. And they drive on the same side of the road as us here in Australia. (on the left) I was pretty crazy at the time so I wouldn't have even thought to look at my phone tbh, although I did have a phone with me at the time.

It was a very strange time and not actually enjoyable at all. It was just weird - and very fast, everything has to be fast when you're like that.

Other than that I was there when I was a bit younger than you are now, at 25. I didn't really appreciate it back then - lots of great old buildings etc to have a look at.

Are you going over to Europe as well?
harrison is offline  
post #1112 of 1114 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 03:11 PM
SAS Member
 
aqwsderf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA
Gender: Female
Age: 27
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post

Oh no the driving was okay. And they drive on the same side of the road as us here in Australia. (on the left) I was pretty crazy at the time so I wouldn't have even thought to look at my phone tbh, although I did have a phone with me at the time.

It was a very strange time and not actually enjoyable at all. It was just weird - and very fast, everything has to be fast when you're like that.

Other than that I was there when I was a bit younger than you are now, at 25. I didn't really appreciate it back then - lots of great old buildings etc to have a look at.

Are you going over to Europe as well?
I'm going for 7 days. I was thinking about going to Liverpool too for the Beatles. But idk about going to another country. What do you think? My family was talking about a day trip to Paris as well but idk if thats worth it or if I should just enjoy England.
aqwsderf is online now  
post #1113 of 1114 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 04:49 PM
bipolar
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 14,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqwsderf View Post
I'm going for 7 days. I was thinking about going to Liverpool too for the Beatles. But idk about going to another country. What do you think? My family was talking about a day trip to Paris as well but idk if thats worth it or if I should just enjoy England.
Sorry, I almost forgot to answer you, I'm not feeling well.

Yes I see what you mean - 7 days etc. If you wanted to you could pop over to Paris for a day or so, very close - I think only an hour or a bit more by plane. Even the train is probably fairly quick and would be fun.

Paris is a beautiful place - I'd like to see that again too one day when I'm npt feeling like this. I spent most of my time there in my hotel but what I saw was beautiful.

I'd like to go back to London and see the British Library and go around to some of the bookshops. Maybe also to Harrods again and also to Selfridges - a big department store, I think it's still there. I want to try and take my wife - she has a fear of flying but would come with me if I was patient with her.

I hope you have a wonderful trip anyway - all the best.
harrison is offline  
post #1114 of 1114 (permalink) Old Today, 12:46 PM
SAS Member
 
Musicfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,343
People might think I'm a lost cause but I'm committed to trying therapy this year after comments here encouraging me. So looking forward to that.

ďAs I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison.Ē

― Nelson Mandela
Musicfan is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are cliques a bad thing? A good thing? Anti depressant Students 18 02-20-2016 12:41 AM
Best thing that ever happened to you/the best thing in your life right now lilasbaby Coping With Social Anxiety 39 09-13-2015 02:00 PM
How am I supposed to move forward without anything to look forward to? Jazzman180 Frustration 6 06-21-2013 09:11 AM
Good thing or bad thing ? --- this kind of freaks me out lexir Relationships 5 03-15-2013 12:03 PM
The one thing i was looking forward to, is now gone... `tash Coping With Social Anxiety 5 02-03-2008 11:43 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome