What fears did you face today? - Page 30 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #581 of 589 (permalink) Old 12-17-2020, 12:55 PM
SAS Member

The fear I faced today is that I came back to this forum even when, every time I post something, the following day I'm like, "omg why did you post that, that was so stupid. Time to run from your mistakes and never come back, you failure human!"
I'm exaggerating, of course. But only a little
(I should probably clarify that I don't use social media or anything like that, so even interacting with strangers online can be challenging for me sometimes)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #582 of 589 (permalink) Old 12-17-2020, 03:19 PM

My Mood: Devilish
Went into a shopping centre, lots of people & piped Christmas music, it was hell but I made it through once again, emerged victorious with giant box of teabags

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #583 of 589 (permalink) Old 12-22-2020, 03:33 AM
SAS Member

I asked a girl out. I just went for it. And she said yes. So....fingers crossed.

I know ppl say you shouldn't date to soon after a bad break-up etc.....but hey, its not like I was the one who ended the relationship. I've got nothing to feel guilty about, and I'm done crying over what could have been.

When is a Door not a door ?

post #584 of 589 (permalink) Old 12-22-2020, 08:21 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Worried
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIncymon View Post
I asked a girl out. I just went for it. And she said yes. So....fingers crossed.

I know ppl say you shouldn't date to soon after a bad break-up etc.....but hey, its not like I was the one who ended the relationship. I've got nothing to feel guilty about, and I'm done crying over what could have been.
Great job. Takes a lot of courage. Was this just a random women in public you asked out or someone you knew?

Yes I also agree no need to wait after most breakups. Especially one that you didnt end yourself
post #585 of 589 (permalink) Old 12-22-2020, 09:13 AM
Death is my comforter.

Language: English, Japanese, Melanesian Pidgin-English.
My Mood: Cool
Went to a job interview...it was so stressful just summing up the courage to get there. All in all I thought it went well, I talked casually and so I'm hoping I got the job.
post #586 of 589 (permalink) Old 12-22-2020, 10:18 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFullyHere View Post
Went to a job interview...it was so stressful just summing up the courage to get there. All in all I thought it went well, I talked casually and so I'm hoping I got the job.
Job interviews take a lot of courage and are very stressful. Hope you get the job
post #587 of 589 (permalink) Old 12-23-2020, 03:38 PM
Death is my comforter.

Language: English, Japanese, Melanesian Pidgin-English.
My Mood: Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinmd View Post
Job interviews take a lot of courage and are very stressful. Hope you get the job
Thank you! Fingers' crossed.
post #588 of 589 (permalink) Old 12-26-2020, 03:44 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinmd View Post
Quote:

Great job. Takes a lot of courage. Was this just a random women in public you asked out or someone you knew?

Yes I also agree no need to wait after most breakups. Especially one that you didnt end yourself
An old high school friend. Another old high school classmate recommended her after I told her about my breakup...(girl A is kinda like an unofficial counsellor...so after I told her my story ..she then said..well xyz is single....here's her number).

So....I think the date went well. But I'm not really sure....I mean we talked a lot, did different things together. Umm, I dunno know how/when I should call her again....I'm terribly out of practise and I hate the uncertainty of it all....

When is a Door not a door ?
post #589 of 589 (permalink) Old 12-26-2020, 09:39 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
An old high school friend. Another old high school classmate recommended her after I told her about my breakup...(girl A is kinda like an unofficial counsellor...so after I told her my story ..she then said..well xyz is single....here's her number).

So....I think the date went well. But I'm not really sure....I mean we talked a lot, did different things together. Umm, I dunno know how/when I should call her again....I'm terribly out of practise and I hate the uncertainty of it all....
Just send her a call or text saying you had a great time and want to hang out again. No set time you need to wait. I would wait a day or 2 at least so you dont seem to eager or desperate. Want her to think you have your own life and things your busy with as well

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page