Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Positive Thinking (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f34/)
-   -   What fears did you face today? (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f34/what-fears-did-you-face-today-1519778/)

apx24 06-30-2015 04:36 AM

What fears did you face today?

Just post anything that you did that made you feel even a little bit uncomfortable. No achievement is too small.

I'll start: I've had to make this phone call for work, and I've put it off for days (phone anxiety) and I finally tried it today, the call went to voicemail but I will try again later.

What about you guys?

Entrensik 07-01-2015 03:14 PM

I faced another day of feeling like sh*t.

Depressed94 07-01-2015 03:35 PM

Me too :D

Kevin001 07-02-2015 01:13 PM

I went to Buffalo Wild Wings today to see if my new meds are helping and it was a disaster. The place was packed and I had to sit right in the middle of the place where people where all around me. I was freaking out. What made it worst was there were so many hot girls there. I was sweating in there. I tried to talk low and eat as fast as possibly. I don't even think I made eye contact with the waitress.....ugh.

keyboardsmahshfwa 07-02-2015 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin001 (Post 1080861450)
I went to Buffalo Wild Wings today to see if my new meds are helping and it was a disaster. The place was packed and I had to sit right in the middle of the place where people where all around me. I was freaking out. What made it worst was there were so many hot girls there. I was sweating in there. I tried to talk low and eat as fast as possibly. I don't even think I made eye contact with the waitress.....ugh.

Even if you felt it was a disaster, you should still feel proud that you went face to face with your fear. Plus, you managed to stick through it despite your nerves getting to you. That's commendable, man. At least now you know what to improve on next time you go out to a restaurant.

Kevin001 07-02-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sio (Post 1080862010)
Even if you felt it was a disaster, you should still feel proud that you went face to face with your fear. Plus, you managed to stick through it despite your nerves getting to you. That's commendable, man. At least now you know what to improve on next time you go out to a restaurant.

Thanks, but its the same thing every time I go out. I don't improve, meds don't help.

feels 07-02-2015 04:48 PM

Today I saw my ex for the first time in two years. I wanted to buy some stuff from him. He used to intimidate the hell out of me and I felt more anxious than I have in a long ****ing time on the way there. But I went anyway and it went really well. He was always someone I could never communicate well with, but I was more comfortable with him than ever today. It made me feel like I can do this with anyone. Nobody should be intimidating. But I still have a long way to go before I actually feel that way.

TryingMara 07-02-2015 04:59 PM

I spoke to my director even though I was nervous to, confessed to a mistake I made at work, made an announcement in my office, spoke on the phone in front of others.

minimized 07-02-2015 05:04 PM

Eye contact exercises with the counselor. Haaaaaaa

CWe 07-02-2015 05:09 PM

Not running when people pull up to my house

lizzy19 07-02-2015 05:24 PM

made a phone call to someone not related or a friend I think I mumbled a little but I still did it.

Kevin001 07-08-2015 03:27 PM

I went to another doctor's appointment. Getting out the house more. Still scared tho.

cuppy 07-08-2015 06:48 PM

I had an interview today and it wasn't so bad :)

iCod 07-08-2015 06:49 PM

loool I have ****ing SA. You think I would ever face my fears?

CopadoMexicano 07-08-2015 06:52 PM

Im a slave to the anxiety so i havent faced my issues

Farideh 07-08-2015 06:55 PM

I was drinking downtown and kept thinking that cops were going to arrest me...or some drunk bum was going to try to mug me.

May19 07-08-2015 09:49 PM

Not moving when my friend/teammate smashed on me (in badminton). Now I have a bruise on my thigh ^^; I should have turn away though.

wxfdswxc2 07-13-2015 09:20 PM

-Chatted with the cashier and bagger at the store today. This was doped up on coffee and with no food in my stomach (hard mode).

-Deliberately greeted two cashiers from other stores, asked one of the employees where something was.

-Called about 5 places to see if they were hiring.

-Called my counselor instead of texting him; left him a message instead of hanging up before the beep.

-Went to the gas station in my slobby workout clothes. Made the cashier genuinely laugh and shared a conversational moment.

vanishingpt 07-14-2015 09:28 PM

Every day I'm facing my fear of public speaking. I'm definitely getting better at it now, and I'm also getting better at planning on the spot and just winging things if need be.

Also danced in front of people today. Never been a dancer but it was fun trying it out today.

And lastly, meeting new people! Every day I meet someone new, and it's pretty awesome.

slyfox 07-15-2015 10:45 PM

Going to my new therapist