What "chores" do you enjoy doing? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-2020, 05:17 PM
Locked and Loaded

My Mood: Doh
I don't mind mowing the lawn I guess, so long as I got some music to listen too and I actually like the smell of freshly cut grass, I'm okay with washing my car too because I like seeing it all shiny. Other than that no I don't enjoy chores in general, I do them out of necessity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-2020, 06:13 PM
❤️ Terminator ❤️

Language: English, some Italian. Also Australianisms and Swearing.
Doing the dishes and folding the washing. Shoveling the snow occasionally is fun, too.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-01-2020, 01:01 AM
Pesky Pessimist

Doing the dishes in very warm very soapy water.

Scrubbing and cleaning smooth floor tiles with a toothbrush and scrubbly foam soap.

What goes up, will inevitably come back down. Whoever you have to step on when you go up, you will be at their mercy when you go down.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-01-2020, 03:23 AM
SAS Member

I can't say I find any of them particularly enjoyable.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-04-2020, 06:16 PM
(*__*)

Language: N/A
Vacuuming
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-04-2020, 08:15 PM
SAS Member

I don't enjoy any of them. I guess the closest I get to enjoying a chore would be cleaning the aquarium because I like resetting the decor when I do a water change.

Blow by blow, her mind cut in sheets
Layers deep
Now unraveling

post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-04-2020, 10:00 PM

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolLilChickadee View Post
I don't enjoy any of them. I guess the closest I get to enjoying a chore would be cleaning the aquarium because I like resetting the decor when I do a water change.
Cleaning the aquarium was my least favorite part of owning one. My back was already ruined but carrying all those buckets of water.

/WYSD
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-05-2020, 12:07 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
Cleaning the aquarium was my least favorite part of owning one. My back was already ruined but carrying all those buckets of water.
It's a workout for sure. I always break a sweat. If I was ever going to upgrade I'd probably want to devise some type of a system where there's a water line right next to the tank. Ideally, I'd love it to go right in, but I have to treat the tap water first. As it is, I'm still hauling buckets.

Blow by blow, her mind cut in sheets
Layers deep
Now unraveling

post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-05-2020, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolLilChickadee View Post
It's a workout for sure. I always break a sweat. If I was ever going to upgrade I'd probably want to devise some type of a system where there's a water line right next to the tank. Ideally, I'd love it to go right in, but I have to treat the tap water first. As it is, I'm still hauling buckets.
Oh man. Treating the water! Just reading that made my fist clench and my fingernails dig into my palms. And the water in the Winter was ice cold (of course) so it was always a fight to get it warm fast or prepare the water 3 days before I needed it so it had time to get to room temp first.

I thought I was being smart by using a heating pad wrapped around the bucket with a bungee strap and on a 30 minute on and off timer cycle but it didn't work as well as I expected it to. As those things just never do. I always end up having to use unreasonable force to accomplish things I thought would be easy.

I ended up having to buy an extra heater to put in each bucket. And all the while, the little betta was hovering there in his tank with his fins working overtime against the current I failed to tame for him watching me grunt and struggle against gravity and bad ideas (and the gravity of bad ideas). He probably knew exactly how to do it right but just couldn't talk.

/WYSD
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-05-2020, 01:17 AM
Pesky Pessimist

The one chore I hate doing the most is, cleaning the bathtub. So far, all of the bathtubs I've encountered have the type of ceramics that are very hard to clean. The ball of hair in tub drain makes it worst. Same with tub sliding doors, until I realized shampoo for some reason is actually very efficient at cleaning the doors. Toilet bowls and toilet I find them ok, if you just give it a brief scrub with the toilet brush every few days.

What goes up, will inevitably come back down. Whoever you have to step on when you go up, you will be at their mercy when you go down.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-05-2020, 01:50 AM

^ My toilet brush is looking a little rough. I know my toilet needs to be cleaned when it starts making sounds a toilet shouldn't make. I kinda actually do enjoy cleaning the toilet. I'm never too busy to make a clean toilet happen.

/WYSD
post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-05-2020, 03:30 AM
Stoicism / ACT / CFT

Language: English
None. I like the satisfaction of a clean living environment, but not enough to actually want to keep it clean haha.

Compassion focused therapy audio, guided meditations:

https://balancedminds.com/audio/

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page