What "chores" do you enjoy doing? - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2020, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Horny Lesbian not villain

What "chores" do you enjoy doing?

I like doing my recycling. I actually enjoy doing things like ripping up cardboard food packets into smaller pieces, and rinsing out milk bottles with a little water before putting them into my recycling bag. I have a top floor apartment, so what I do is put recyclable rubbish into a sturdy rubble bag -- which goes inside a bin in my kitchen until I am ready to walk downstairs with it, to dump the contents into my streetside recycling bin. I find the whole process of doing those things to be relaxing, and fun!

That might seem a bit weird, considering what I have written at this forum about not being a fan of work. But it is not "work" if I enjoy doing it!

Also, as I am magic, I know that my "small" actions affect the world in a big way. I like the idea of a self-sustaining civilisation that is not harmful to itself -- so I focus on how I want that to be, in some way, while I am doing my recycling. It is like instead of asking for a self-sustaining civilisation by writing about it, I simply *know* what I want when I am doing the routine tasks that are not like work for me; I then be attentive to a sort of feedback effect involving my Universal self presenting me with things related to what I was doing, that also represent what I know I wanted in some way when I was doing those things.

So I am focusing on making the world a better place -- i.e. the way I want it to be -- when I am doing the allegedly menial and boring task of preparing rubbish for recycling. I do not feel like a slave; instead, I know that I am powerful as I help everything towards a better state of being, in which there is no suffering anymore, ever again, by choice. So perhaps it is that knowledge that what I do *means something*, knowing how wonderful everything is going to be without suffering, which means that I enjoy doing my recycling. But also, I just enjoy ripping up paper and cardboard!

What so-called chores do you enjoy doing, SAS members? What sorts of "work" are not actually work for you, at all?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2020, 06:14 PM
Failure's Art

I pretty much hate all chores except for maybe the ones that require me to drive somewhere because then I can listen to music in the car and sometimes also enjoy driving around.

The ones I hate the worst are doing dishes and cleaning the bathroom and kitchen. I suppose I can listen to music while doing those too but in the car I don't have to have my ear buds in. Ear buds are annoying because they hurt my ear holes when I've had them in for too long and the wire always gets caught on something random and they come flying out of my ears and that is kind of jarring when it's not expected.

too scared to live; too scared to die
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2020, 05:26 PM
SAS Member

Not a single one. Nothing, Nada. I had a career I love that afforded me enough money to pay people to do chores and now I can’t do my career and I don’t do my chores. I seem to be able to tolerate my laundry the easiest because it’s like once every two weeks and it’s outside my bedroom door.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2020, 05:32 PM
alien monk

My Mood: Devilish
I like sweeping the floor of my room. I like doing my friends dishes and sweeping her floor.

I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples. ― Mother Teresa
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 03:36 AM
experimental sincerity

I like taking the clothes off the drying rack, sorting through them, folding them and taking them to the ironing pile. I also like organising the wardrobe - folding, hanging, arranging by colour. In the past I've had mostly messy wardrobes with clothes lying all over the room so this gives me instant zen.

Leonard Cohen (Bird on a Wire): I have tried in my own way to be free
Mrs Hudson (BBC Sherlock): Sherlock! The mess you've made!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 03:28 PM
bipolar

I was going to say I don't like any of them but then I saw OP mention recycling. I used to really like that - until they said most of it probably goes to land-fill anyway. And now in this building all the block-heads put all their normal rubbish in there as well.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 03:31 PM
😷

My Mood: Angelic
None, I'd rather burn the house when it gets too dirty & build a new one, so I guess building.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 03:39 PM
Narcissistic Rageaholic

My Mood: Brooding
Delegation. I like delegating all my chores to other people. I only got away with that when I was the boss at work, though. I have to do everything myself now. ;(

Beauty isn't everything. It's the only thing.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 06:01 PM
Fupa King

Language: English
Cleaning my room. I basically hate doing every other chore.

I have only ever washed my car once, so that's probably not good.

Life's Wack
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 06:17 PM
Not like the other ducks

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I can't think of anything I pretty much hate all chores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2020, 02:51 AM
Barbells and kittens

I don't enjoy any of them. Ideally I want everything automated like robot mowers, robot vacuums, and self cleaning litter boxes or just hired done. When I'm not at work I mostly just want to relax quietly. Washing dishes, doing laundry, and cleaning vehicles I guess are the most tolerable probably because I do them the most.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2020, 05:31 AM
SAS Member

I don't really enjoy any, but I do enjoy cleaning in general. Love having a visual, tangible accomplishment after I'm done. I'd honestly like to clean one of those hoarding houses one day. The ultimate challenge.

I do like organizing, which I guess is cleaning.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2020, 07:39 AM
alien monk

My Mood: Devilish
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH1983 View Post
I don't enjoy any of them. Ideally I want everything automated like robot mowers, robot vacuums, and self cleaning litter boxes or just hired done. When I'm not at work I mostly just want to relax quietly. Washing dishes, doing laundry, and cleaning vehicles I guess are the most tolerable probably because I do them the most.
Posted via Mobile Device
I would find that kind of horrific. cleaning is my way of marking my territory like a cat rubbing itself on everything lol. in that sense I am a libertarian

I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples. ― Mother Teresa
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-24-2020, 12:09 PM
Barbells and kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1984 View Post
I would find that kind of horrific. cleaning is my way of marking my territory like a cat rubbing itself on everything lol. in that sense I am a libertarian
I don't know, I like the idea of kicking back after work while my robot minions knock out all the chores. My girlfriend said it's like some cartoon movie that I haven't seen where everyone in the future is lazy.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2020, 07:39 AM
Wayfaring Stranger

My Mood: Twisted
Grinding in videogames. I enjoy that.

House chores, not so much. I don't mind doing dishes though, or making my bed so it's neat.

What is a man?
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-26-2020, 08:19 AM
❤️ Administrator ❤️

* Vacuuming and dusting, because I like watching the dirt/dust disappear.

* Putting grocery shopping away.

* Putting cutlery and dishes away.

* Tidying up.

* Sharpening pencils.

* Unfolding cardboard boxes and flattening them.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-26-2020, 09:44 AM
❤️ Terminator ❤️

Language: English, some Italian. Also Australianisms and Swearing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Memory View Post
* Vacuuming and dusting, because I like watching the dirt/dust disappear.

* Putting grocery shopping away.

* Putting cutlery and dishes away.

* Tidying up.

* Sharpening pencils.

* Unfolding cardboard boxes and flattening them.
I enjoy some of these, too.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
❤️♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡❤️
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page