What are you proud of? - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 09:50 PM
Holistic Health

I am proud that my life experiences made me stronger and made me the person I am today. Despite of the bullying, disapproval of society, and many other unpleasant experiences in my life, I have become the person I am right now.

Of course life is not all bad. I am grateful for many things. Material things and spiritual things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 10:04 AM

I did a home workout today. Seeing my friends here working out made me want to get back into it again. I fell off with my routine But today I did my Tae Bo with Billy Blanks. I couldn't believe how I was able to keep up with some of his moves. The last times I had did it I was off coordination with a punch and a kick and then switching over to the other side while making sure the body is in a good alignment. This time I was actually keeping up. I still need to get my arm aligned though. I did a 15:40 minute workout non stop. This is the first time I'm doing this workout while taking my new vitamin for my anxiety. Maybe it is helping me with my coordination before the vitamins I wasn't able to keep up. I'm quite happy with myself.

Sent from my Beef-F-F using Tapatalk
post #43 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 05:09 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
My proudest achievement is beating the Sephiroth boss in Kingdom Hearts II.

post #44 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 08:14 PM
womfn

I'm proud of myself for finally getting a job and being really successful at it. And still at it over a year later.

Also proud of myself for getting my license years ago and so far I've been doing pretty well with that.

And proud of myself for generally overall being a kind person. Even though I can be *****y at times and dislike people for a lot of different reasons. At the end of the day I still help people and want the best for them.
post #45 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 04:49 AM
manic in Bali

My son.
post #46 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 05:15 AM
BUSTY BBW BBC TAKING MILF

Language: Can complain in all languages
My Mood: Lonely
I don't have anything to be proud of so I'm going to say @harrison son too

Go then, there are other worlds than these.

You ain't tried no drug like me
post #47 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 05:18 AM

Oh I did think of something but it's not much. I'm proud that I'm always there for people whenever they need me.

post #48 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 05:31 AM
manic in Bali

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stacks View Post
Oh I did think of something but it's not much. I'm proud that I'm always there for people whenever they need me.
That's definitely something to be proud of mate - I'm sure there're plenty of other things too. You've got a great sense of humour plus you're a good-hearted young guy - you should be proud of that too.

I'm off to bed now, it's Sunday night here. Hope you're doing okay over there mate.
post #49 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stacks View Post
That's definitely something to be proud of mate - I'm sure there're plenty of other things too. You've got a great sense of humour plus you're a good-hearted young guy - you should be proud of that too.

I'm off to bed now, it's Sunday night here. Hope you're doing okay over there mate.
Thank you! Goodnight, hopefully you get a good sleep. I'll be ok I hope.

post #50 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 12:23 AM
SAS Member

My job and that one time I made a viral Facebook page event that caused a ruckus back then
post #51 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 12:31 AM
Mr Bean Stig Soldier

Language: ASCII, T-SQL
My Mood: Angry
Talking

superiority!

doesn't everyone have this?

all aspects

intelligence
awareness
Maturity
Speeed of thought + physical all gathered over time. learnt.
quicker than all

nodody listens to me

only some.

different from 99%

NO Dependents!! √
post #52 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 08:29 AM
SAS's Chief Meteorologist

I'm not really proud of anything. I've achieved competence in a lot of areas, but I'm not great at anything.

Nobody loves me but my dog, and I think he might be jivin', too.
post #53 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Vainglorious little sh*t

In the spirit of celerating small victories and giving myself credit where it's due

I've stuck with therapy and continue to see consistent results
I searched for jobs, sent out resumes, filled out apps and interviewed
I now have 2 jobs that suit who I am rn (what I can currently manage,) one full time and one per diem
I researched careers and found one I believe suits me
I researched programs
I registered for school
I registered for class
I know when I'll take this entrance exam
I bought the comprehensive study guide for it and am now studying

I'm quick to discount my victories cause I fall into comparison and think well I 'should' already be there. But this is my journey alone and these are huge victories for me period. I know where I've been and what they mean to me no matter what anyone else thinks. Go me!

On enhanced mobile I don't receive notifications besides pms. Apologies if I don't respond.

Know your ACE (adverse childhood experiences) score?
Sometimes, SA is a symptom of significant developmental, attachment or interpersonal trauma (emotional neglect counts). If you're still stuck after you've tried SA treatments such as CBT and exposure, research C-PTSD and see if it resonates. Here's an awesome resource. Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving
post #54 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 02:40 PM
CWe
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Tired
That I'm always trying to be a better Homo-Sapien and Improve who I'am

post #55 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 06:52 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sad
1) I am trying to read and understand things outside of my field of study (I often get discouraged because, everything outside of what I've studied feels like greek to me) ....no matter how frustrating it is ...I keep at it.

2) Instead of dwelling on how my very small group of friends from high school has disappeared....I am actively trying to make new friends....still haven't clicked with anyone to the point of hanging out...but I keep trying

3) I keep exercising...even if I often feel like I'm stuck at "skinny fat"

@SparklingWater ....I'm quick to discount my victories cause I fall into comparison and think well I 'should' already be there.

I know what that's like. I often discourage myself that my acheivements are too small. Going according to my own list:

1) I often kick myself whenever I am trying to read something outside of my comfort zone (IE something unrelated to my job) ...I often find myself saying ...so many ppl have side gigs and learn trades like carpentry and plumbing...why can't I get this !

There are lawyers who run taxi at nights. Doctors who own farms. Bankers who play in bands. I often get stuck envying how these ppl are able to manage their main job and a side gig.

2) I often fall into depressed moods thinking that the friends I had from high school are gone forever, and I can't make any new friends who understand/tolerate my SA.

3) I often get discouraged by the size of my belly and randomly quit gym, lol. Skinny fat ain't no joke !
post #56 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 11:49 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maslow View Post
I'm not really proud of anything. I've achieved competence in a lot of areas, but I'm not great at anything.
You can still be proud of yourself for anything you've achieved

I'm proud that yesterday I got ready on time, early to go out w/ family.
post #57 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 07:25 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Breezy
I'm almost half way through my dental ortho program and I'm just gonna keep moving achieving the next big thing.

We are in a reverie/ And everything you thought you knew isn't what it seems/ Only truth will set you free/ And I would never lie to you
post #58 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 10:51 PM
SAS Member

I'm proud that I made my mom a breakfast sandwich and helped cooked the pasta for the day and for her lunch tomorrow even though she did the sauce.
post #59 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 11:02 PM
SAS Member

I also forgot to say that I'm proud that I washed the dishes both before and after dinner.
post #60 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 06:16 AM
SAS Member

I'm proud of myself for not having fear of talking on the phone anymore and becoming stronger mentally, being more confident when I'm out of my comfort zone. Also getting my driver's license and overcoming driving anxiety (mostly).

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page