we ARE enough - Social Anxiety Forum
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
onthespectrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: EST
Gender: Female
Age: 27
Posts: 187
My Mood: Sleepy
Question

we ARE enough


How can we be in relationships when second guessing is in our nature? I make excuses like "they're so out of my league, I'm not their type" so that I would never have to face my fear and try and make a relationship work.

So often we second guess ourselves and convince ourselves of minuscule reasons of why something might not work out. When we DO happen to get into dating and the possibility of relationship, we start jumping off cliffs to conclusions that takes the fun out of it.

IT IS THE ANXIETY TALKING! We are all so special and unique in our own way. Because of our anxiety we do have some tough relationship characteristics but also some awesome ones.

For example: I am highly sensitive to social cues so I rarely get on other's nerves, in a dating and platonic environment.

What do you think makes you special about your SAD that is a good thing? WE CAN GET THROUGH THIS TOGETHER!



Both a Sufferer and Conquerer, Here to help in any way I can
onthespectrum is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 01:13 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Yes so true I agree
savvyriddles is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 08:24 PM
SAS Member
 
Qveen Lizzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 8
Omg I loved this. I never could understand why I never wanted to be in a relationship with anyone. I always assume the worst and I feel as tho I can't give this person all of me and allow myself to receive their love because I am so self conscious and my anxiety is so bad
Qveen Lizzy is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2017, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member
 
onthespectrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: EST
Gender: Female
Age: 27
Posts: 187
My Mood: Sleepy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qveen Lizzy View Post
Omg I loved this. I never could understand why I never wanted to be in a relationship with anyone. I always assume the worst and I feel as tho I can't give this person all of me and allow myself to receive their love because I am so self conscious and my anxiety is so bad
I had a panic attack before the first time I was supposed to meet my boyfriend of last year's parents. My therapist made me realize that anxiety is triggered by fear, and then I realized that that person was never right for me in the first place (I found out about a month later he had a secret addiction to xanax, no wonder my anxiety triggers were going off!) Although our anxiety can seem detrimental, it can also save us from detrimental situations!



Both a Sufferer and Conquerer, Here to help in any way I can
onthespectrum is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 08:06 AM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: paraspectral_semireality?
Gender: Other
Age: 32
Posts: 5,788
All people have flaws so..... yeah.

Normies are often terrible in relationships. Ever checked the divorce rate for your country of residence? Yeah.
versikk is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 08:07 AM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: paraspectral_semireality?
Gender: Other
Age: 32
Posts: 5,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baysal View Post
and she's famous.
So even if she will react my feelings with the same, even if I will succeed in making her love me, I don't think I'm at her level.
Please, I need advice
a celebrity? Might be hard to get to a person of that "caliber"?
versikk is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 08:48 AM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: paraspectral_semireality?
Gender: Other
Age: 32
Posts: 5,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baysal View Post
No, lol, not celebrity, but she is quite famous in there where we grew up. She has so many subscribers, but doesn't accept many friendships on social media.
Oh I see.

Maybe stop thinking about her? "popular" people are often stuck-up and such.... I mean I'm reaching here, but i'm trying to help
versikk is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 09:00 AM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: paraspectral_semireality?
Gender: Other
Age: 32
Posts: 5,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baysal View Post
You could write stop hoping, but as long as you love somebody, idk I can't stop thinking about her
It's your choice of course. I know what infatuation and obsession and admiration feels like

btw if you succeed in making her love you, i'd say you're at her level?
versikk is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 09:04 AM
Stranger
 
Baysal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by versikk View Post

btw if you succeed in making her love you, i'd say you're at her level?
what makes you say it?
Baysal is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 09:09 AM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: paraspectral_semireality?
Gender: Other
Age: 32
Posts: 5,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baysal View Post
what makes you say it?
The fact that she'd love you?
versikk is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 09:13 AM
Stranger
 
Baysal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by versikk View Post
The fact that she'd love you?
thank you very much This is my place. Where people give a damn about you
Baysal is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome