Type a positive letter to yourself - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Relaxed

Type a positive letter to yourself

*Inspired by compliment the person above you and compliment yourself*

Hi everyone, and welcome to my thread, in this thread, try to type the most positive letter you can to yourself, it can be complimentary, encouraging, or anything that is upbeat. I feel like sometimes listening to our own positive words can be a great coping skill to alleviate some anxiety, I know for sure it has worked with some of my OCD, I'll go ahead and type my letter.

Dear FriendlyViking, you've got to learn to stop overthinking, you are such a kind person, everyone says you are, you don't need to keep yourself in a stream of guilt because of a few mistakes you made as a young kid. Dream big, and make your life a life worth living, I hope you have a wonderful life, and remember, never beat yourself up over things.

So that was my letter, it's around a paragraph long, and it was made of positive words I had cooped up in my brain, when I wrote the letter, it let them spring out and form sentences and made me realize that there's a part of me that isn't in constant self doubt. I hope you have a great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 05:24 PM
Pandora’s Birthright

My Mood: Pensive
Dear She,

This too shall pass.

Edit:
I recognize this isn't the most "positive" note one could give oneself, but years ago I was strangely comforted by this phrase, and I was again as I came across it today. I can't think of a single nice thing I can say about myself that feels anywhere near being true, but I will accept comforting.

Some people will always need help. That doesn’t mean they’re not worth helping
– Meera Reed
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 09:08 PM
SAS Member

Everything is going to be alright.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 09:17 PM
Permanently Banned

You can do it Cint, your anxiety has nothing on who you really are. It never has

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page