Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Positive Thinking (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f34/)
-   -   The Nicest Thing? (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f34/the-nicest-thing-2223637/)

Royals 05-19-2019 06:08 AM

The Nicest Thing?
 
What is the nicest thing anyone said to you? And what is the nicest thing you told someone?

Royals 05-20-2019 04:34 AM

Once a teacher at art school called me a 'genius'. I remember that still because it was so undeserved and silly.

The nicest thing I told someone is probably that they are loved and that I care about their soul.

Royals 05-23-2019 05:01 AM

Nobody has ever heard something positive from anyone? A compliment? A nice comment? Positive criticism?

WillYouStopDave 05-23-2019 12:59 PM

Yeah. I don't have any particular good memories either. I don't think too many people have ever said "nice" things about me that were not platitudes or completely wrong. It's possible for people to just not know me very well and say things that are well-intended but also way off base.

harrison 05-23-2019 01:58 PM

The best thing anyone ever said to me was "I love you." That one gets you every time.

Royals 05-24-2019 03:36 AM

I rememeber a girl say to me 'you're an angel' when I carried her bike up the stairs once. That was a nice memory.

Lyssia 05-24-2019 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royals (Post 1093725125)
I rememeber a girl say to me 'you're an angel' when I carried her bike up the stairs once. That was a nice memory.

That’s very nice of you!


My boss told me yesterday that she’s so glad I am still working there and that she doesn’t know how they’d do it without me. A little awkward in the midst of me kind of ****ing up but still great to hear.

Royals 05-24-2019 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyssia (Post 1093725145)
That’s very nice of you!


My boss told me yesterday that she’s so glad I am still working there and that she doesn’t know how they’d do it without me. A little awkward in the midst of me kind of ****ing up but still great to hear.


Thanks :D I just think it is my duty to help others right? It was at a bus station.

Wow that's always nice to hear from him. A little boost/motivation to go on! Not everybody has such a nice boss. Luckily I am my own boss :D

Lockinte 06-10-2019 01:03 AM

Every morning I run. And that day I woman with little child told him about me as an example. By the way a few months before that I couldn't run even a few hundred metres and I'm not a fat man. I was tired, but those words gave me energy to beat my record.

Royals 06-11-2019 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lockinte (Post 1093738459)
Every morning I run. And that day I woman with little child told him about me as an example. By the way a few months before that I couldn't run even a few hundred metres and I'm not a fat man. I was tired, but those words gave me energy to beat my record.

Amazing! We all need these moments of motivation or boost every now and then because we cannot feed off bad energy and negativity.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000-2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome