Thank-you universe for... - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 05:47 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Thank-you universe for...

... showing me I have a gift to offer the world this week. I have a hidden latent ability and it has helped me to reconnect physically and spiritually with myself in a way that is consistent with all my values and beliefs. It has come at a time where I desperately needed something, but had no idea what.

Please use this thread to thank the universe for something you're grateful for today, this week, year, whatever. It can be something that appears small to some but is significant to you or an opportunity that has come just in the knick of time or even just something small and simple that makes life just that little bit more tolerable.. perhaps something that reminds you that there is more going on than meets the eye and which reminds you that you are connected to all and above all else, loved.

No one will talk to me, they tend to go. Their faces say there's something I should know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 08:47 AM
Permanently Banned

There is already a thankfulness thread
Posted via Mobile Device
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Oh yeah, I forgot. We're only allowed to make duplicates of negative threads here at SAS.. lol

No one will talk to me, they tend to go. Their faces say there's something I should know

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 04:41 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
Inventing dinosaurs, cause that was by far the coolest thing you ever did.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 04:53 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sleepy
I supprt (o) your post.

It's proper and if you watch the www you may think. "This is AWWESUM" - and then maybe people will rise and actually make something like

__ sone
__ poem

__ pies
__ a concerto
__ lesson to teach English learners
__ a blog post (

find the false one (PS its ..... blog)

Drunk on beer
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 05:08 PM
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
That was AWWESUM!!? when I saw the www part : /....I could possibly make a pie.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 05:49 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
I like this thread. Sorry but what do you mean by you having a hidden latent ability? I'm glad that you're so grateful and happy about whatever it is.

No, I'm not happy enough until I get my heart's desire which is to at least have a friend that I really like or quite like that I can relate to in the way I like but I'm grateful for lots of things especially excited on Sundays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barakiel View Post
I'm technically agnostic, but there's still a part of me that thinks "Just say God" when people talk about the universe like that.
in my opinion it's hard not to believe in a god when you see everything in the world working in a organized and systematic way ie. the water, trees, grass, the beautiful rainbow, the sky, night and day and one thing you cannot see but feel which is the wind. I also feel calmer when I'm in nature. God created all these things for a purpose and even spiritually let me know/feel that He exists but that's personal, sorry. You have the right to your belief though.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 07:06 AM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post

in my opinion it's hard not to believe in a God when you see everything in the world working in a organized and systematic way.
"a god"

it's just a word at this point. unless you invoke a specific dogma, "god" means absolutely nothing. you might as well call it cosmos, the universe, everything, nothing, the void, nature, suchness, The Simulation, whatever.

sorry , i won't turn this thread into a discussion on metaphysics, but god thumpers really irk me.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire444 View Post
I supprt (o) your post.
Thank-you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
I like this thread. Sorry but what do you mean by you having a hidden latent ability? I'm glad that you're so grateful and happy about whatever it is.
It's the ability to do a form of throat singing that was common amongst my ancestors and also a hallmark feature of many modern 'amplified historical' folk bands, particularly in Europe. As big of a fan as I am of modern music, I often get bored driving a truck for hours a day and so I thought it would be worthwhile putting my time to good use and learning some skills and gaining some knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by versikk View Post
"a god"

it's just a word at this point. unless you invoke a specific dogma, "god" means absolutely nothing. you might as well call it cosmos, the universe, everything, nothing, the void, nature, suchness, The Simulation, whatever.

sorry , i won't turn this thread into a discussion on metaphysics, but god thumpers really irk me.
Dogma runs on both sides I've discovered, whether it comes from bible bashers or your average arrogantly-minded reductionist who asserts their worldview with an air of certainty and authority that is backed by 'hard science'. And yet, that science is hard only insofar as the frequency with which certain results can be replicated.

That considered, it also excludes and marginalises all data points that don't fit into the prescribed narrative. Metaphysical assumptions are passed off as immovable fact and anything out of the ordinary is cast off into the periphery of all enquiry because it no longer needs to be addressed. If it seems outlandish, then forget it. Why? Because we're arrogant with our sense of 'intelligence'.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 03:32 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post_Punk_Proclivity View Post
Please use this thread to thank the universe for something you're grateful for

Thank you for what you have written in this thread! Reading it helped me to feel somewhat happier.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page