Something good that happened today - Page 66 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1301 of 1314 (permalink) Old 11-20-2020, 08:59 AM
experimental sincerity

I woke up and brought in a box of vegetables and fruit that gets delivered and left outside my door. Sorting through the box and scrubbing the dirty carrots is always a pleasure and a nice start to the morning. It's my favourite morning in the week.

Leonard Cohen (Bird on a Wire): I have tried in my own way to be free
Mrs Hudson (BBC Sherlock): Sherlock! The mess you've made!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1302 of 1314 (permalink) Old 11-21-2020, 01:28 PM
Horny Lesbian not villain

In this thread -- https://www.socialanxietysupport.com...lpful-2237329/ -- I wrote about how I magically created a packet of gluten-free vegan crisps that taste just as good as crisps that are neither gluten-free nor vegan. As I explained in that thread, it was something of a happy accident, as I was actually more focused on improving gluten-free vegan pizzas with my magic.

Writing about that happy accident, I magically created another packet of gluten-free vegan crisps that taste exactly like my favourite potato crisps: the cheese flavoured Kettle crisps in the yellow packets. These crisps that I created are also from Kettle crisps, in the same style of yellow packets -- but they are made with vegan Red Leicester cheese. They are delicious.

Notice -- if you want to -- that I wrote in that thread of wanting gluten-free vegan food to *look and taste* the same as equivalent food that is not so specifically marketed at vegans who also prefer gluten-free products. Also -- I referred to the gluten-free vegan snacks as being a favourite food that is supposed to be like a packet of crisps. In my mind, the word "crisps" is more strongly associated with potato crisps than corn snacks; and my favourite potato crisps are the cheese flavoured Kettle crisps in the yellow packets!

The vegan Red Leicester cheese is referred to as Sheese on the packet of the gluten-free vegan Kettle crisps: that is a reference to something Mrs Wong says about her pizzas in an episode of The Thundermans. She says that some of them are made with cheese, and some of them are made with "cheese" -- pronouncing "cheese" differently. The name of the vegan cheese helped me to recognise how I had magically created the gluten-free vegan Kettle crisps, which appeared in the supermarket on the same shelf as the gluten-free vegan snacks that I had written about before. It was my previous writings at SAS with regard to gluten-free vegan pizzas that had resulted in Mrs Wong saying what she says about her pizzas on the TV show!
post #1303 of 1314 (permalink) Old 11-21-2020, 02:09 PM
bipolar

I woke up and last night's mood seems to have lifted. Thank God for that!

post #1304 of 1314 (permalink) Old 11-21-2020, 02:26 PM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidfoxes View Post
I woke up and brought in a box of vegetables and fruit that gets delivered and left outside my door. Sorting through the box and scrubbing the dirty carrots is always a pleasure and a nice start to the morning. It's my favourite morning in the week.
What a lovely post - it made me feel good just reading that.

My wife's been getting quite a lot of things delivered this year - because of the pandemic. The quality of the vegetables is always better too than in the shops.
post #1305 of 1314 (permalink) Old 11-21-2020, 08:17 PM
Born Of Blotmonađ

Language: South Martian, North Terran, & Lunarian
My Mood: Cynical
post #1306 of 1314 (permalink) Old 11-22-2020, 03:55 AM
experimental sincerity

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
What a lovely post - it made me feel good just reading that.

My wife's been getting quite a lot of things delivered this year - because of the pandemic. The quality of the vegetables is always better too than in the shops.
Thank you! Maybe you want to join the club and get some as well? ; ) Some things that they deliver I just wouldn't find in a supermarket, stuff like rainbow carrots or Russian kale. It's always very exciting.

Leonard Cohen (Bird on a Wire): I have tried in my own way to be free
Mrs Hudson (BBC Sherlock): Sherlock! The mess you've made!
post #1307 of 1314 (permalink) Old 11-22-2020, 04:04 AM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidfoxes View Post
Thank you! Maybe you want to join the club and get some as well? ; ) Some things that they deliver I just wouldn't find in a supermarket, stuff like rainbow carrots or Russian kale. It's always very exciting.
I should try it. My wife found an Italian company that delivers and she always says they're great. I remember when we were both young we used to get organic vegetables delivered in a box like that - I'd completely forgotten about that until just now.

Nowadays I've gotten a bit lazy I'm afraid - I tend to just grab things at the supermarket. But you're right - those guys have much better things.
post #1308 of 1314 (permalink) Old 11-22-2020, 07:08 PM
SAS Member

Language: French/English
My Mood: Pensive
I was able to get some wireless earbuds playing pretty good. I bought some cheap ones just to try. I had a difficult time to connect it but I simply didn't do it the right way. I looked at the papers once I found them again and it worked. Pretty nice for under 30 bucks.
post #1309 of 1314 (permalink) Old 11-23-2020, 07:40 PM
good to go... maybe

I finally mustered up some courage to message the girl i like and she replied too
post #1310 of 1314 (permalink) Old 11-24-2020, 09:00 PM
Born Of Blotmonađ

post #1311 of 1314 (permalink) Old 11-26-2020, 11:23 PM
bipolar

Finally managed to get into town to see my son. Plus had a haircut - the first real one since about the start of the year. Very relaxing.
post #1312 of 1314 (permalink) Old 11-27-2020, 01:03 AM
Born Of Blotmonađ

post #1313 of 1314 (permalink) Old 11-27-2020, 03:05 PM
SAS Member

Reached out to a former classmate today.

Today I reached out to a former classmate today. Told him about some of my most recent struggles.

I thought he would say "man up" or "just deal with it" ....but he was surprisingly supportive and we had a good chat about the trials of life.

Sometimes, when you reach out for help you can be pleasantly surprised, the World isn't as toxic as certain toxic spheres of the internet may make you feel.

Note to self....do not look up internet forums or youtube videos of ppl validating your anger towards the world...it will only make you more depressed and angry.
post #1314 of 1314 (permalink) Old 11-30-2020, 12:45 AM
bipolar

Talked to a nice lady at the shops - she helped me find a couple of shirts I like. It can be very difficult, I'm very fussy. She was very patient though.

Also found a number of lovely old leather-bound books at the bookshop. Hadn't been there since about March. Then went to Brunetti's for coffee and a pastry. Thank God they're open again.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page