Something good that happened today - Page 53 - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1041 of 1257 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 10:07 PM
bipolar
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 15,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo_Fernando View Post


Which channel?

Edit: Found it on Prime.
They have it on the ABC here in the mornings mate - they take it off for a while then bring it back. Great show.
harrison is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1042 of 1257 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 11:37 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 17,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
They have it on the ABC here in the mornings mate - they take it off for a while then bring it back. Great show.
Oh, ok.

It is a great TV show, as learn a lot about history through that TV show.
Mondo_Fernando is offline  
post #1043 of 1257 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 08:46 AM
Born Of Blotmonaū
 
Canadian Brotha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Over Yonder
Language: South Martian, North Terran, & Lunarian
Age: 32
Posts: 18,462
My Mood: Cynical
Canadian Brotha is offline  
 
post #1044 of 1257 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 01:06 PM
bipolar
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 15,435
Found 2 nice leather-bound old books again yesterday in the bookshop. So cheap it's just crazy - $12 for the two of them. Not in the greatest condition but they still look good on the shelf.
harrison is offline  
post #1045 of 1257 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 01:11 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 17,836
@harrison

That is awesome mate.

Cheap as chips saying comes to mind when noticed the price for them.
Mondo_Fernando is offline  
post #1046 of 1257 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 01:16 PM
bipolar
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 15,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo_Fernando View Post
@harrison

That is awesome mate.

Cheap as chips saying comes to mind when noticed the price for them.
Yeah, it was nice mate. I like that bookshop. It's downstairs and they have masses of books. I knew my wife would call though yesterday just as I was trying to get myself organised - and she did.

I hadn't been there for ages because of this stupid cold - but starting to feel better now.
harrison is offline  
post #1047 of 1257 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 01:22 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 17,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
Yeah, it was nice mate. I like that bookshop. It's downstairs and they have masses of books. I knew my wife would call though yesterday just as I was trying to get myself organised - and she did.

I hadn't been there for ages because of this stupid cold - but starting to feel better now.
Sounds like a nice bookshop.

I wonder with being underground, if flooding (sprinkler failure or natural cause) was to occur (has happened with some archives), would the books be damaged.

Good to hear you are feeling better. Colds are a real drag sometimes.
Mondo_Fernando is offline  
post #1048 of 1257 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 01:27 PM
bipolar
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 15,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo_Fernando View Post
Sounds like a nice bookshop.

I wonder with being underground, if flooding (sprinkler failure or natural cause) was to occur (has happened with some archives), would the books be damaged.

Good to hear you are feeling better. Colds are a real drag sometimes.
Yeah that place would be a mess if it flooded - they have thousands and thousands of books, some are in piles on the floor they have so many.

Most aren't worth much though so I guess they just take a chance and hope for the best. Probably have insurance though just in case.
harrison is offline  
post #1049 of 1257 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 01:45 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 17,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
Yeah that place would be a mess if it flooded - they have thousands and thousands of books, some are in piles on the floor they have so many.

Most aren't worth much though so I guess they just take a chance and hope for the best. Probably have insurance though just in case.
I thought they would be on shelves.

It is interesting, as cšn picture the place mentally based on photo's you have posted of similar shop in the past, description. But probably way off as to how it looks.

Most shops do have insurance, but also most likely rules for insurance to help reducē loss.
Mondo_Fernando is offline  
post #1050 of 1257 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 01:55 PM
bipolar
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 15,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo_Fernando View Post
I thought they would be on shelves.

It is interesting, as cšn picture the place mentally based on photo's you have posted of similar shop in the past, description. But probably way off as to how it looks.

Most shops do have insurance, but also most likely rules for insurance to help reducē loss.
Haha - yeah most are on shelves, just have little piles as well around the place because they have so many.
harrison is offline  
post #1051 of 1257 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 02:54 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 17,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
Haha - yeah most are on shelves, just have little piles as well around the place because they have so many.
Oh, ok.

Little piles I can understand.
Mondo_Fernando is offline  
post #1052 of 1257 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 12:19 PM
SAS Member
 
Greenmacaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Posts: 133
My Mood: Inspired
I spoke briefly to 2 people I had never met before and looked after a dog as a favour for someone. It went quite well considering I’m not that great with dogs! 🙂
Greenmacaron is offline  
post #1053 of 1257 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 01:30 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 500
Grandpa is definitely coming back home today!!!! Making a welcome back feast for him 🙂
TheFighterStillRemains is offline  
post #1054 of 1257 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 04:35 PM
Half agony, half hope.
 
PandaBearx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Female
Age: 25
Posts: 2,762
Went for a run today.

"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
PandaBearx is offline  
post #1055 of 1257 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 03:05 PM
Half agony, half hope.
 
PandaBearx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Female
Age: 25
Posts: 2,762
Got my nails done, scheduled a hair appointment, bought some bath bombs and searched for some psychiatrists found one that accepts my insurance so I just have to give them a call during their business hours.

"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
PandaBearx is offline  
post #1056 of 1257 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 01:59 AM
bipolar
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 15,435
I've calmed down now and I no longer want to break the television. That's always a good start.
harrison is offline  
post #1057 of 1257 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 08:05 AM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 17,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
I've calmed down now and I no longer want to break the television. That's always a good start.
Bands do that to guitars, speakers.
Mondo_Fernando is offline  
post #1058 of 1257 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 10:19 AM
CWe
SAS Member
 
CWe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Countryside
Language: English
Gender: Male
Age: 33
Posts: 3,575
My Mood: Tired
Went for a nice walk and saw a bunch of green'ish butterflies everywhere


CWe is offline  
post #1059 of 1257 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 05:37 PM
SAS Member
 
8888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Language: English
Gender: Female
Posts: 15,400
I had a good therapy session. We talked about setting boundaries.
8888 is offline  
post #1060 of 1257 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 11:29 AM
Stoicism / ACT / CFT
 
SplendidBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Language: English
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,715
My social abilities have shot through the roof. Breakups are motivating. I went to my friends and tried more chickens, chatted a bit with a couple of her friends, who seemed to really like me, drove her and her friend to a pub and she seemed to like me too. I don't quite know why this is happening, maybe its the Moclobemide, or breakup but its a silver lining.

Also managed to finish the rough draught of my intro.

Trying my *** off. Nobody can tell me I haven't been trying.

Compassion focused therapy audio, guided meditations:

https://balancedminds.com/audio/
SplendidBob is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Worried about not being good enough to work in aviation Halunke Coping With Social Anxiety 3 07-24-2017 01:44 PM
Don't be a Nice Guy - Be a Good Man iAmCodeMonkey Relationships 22 07-01-2017 07:59 PM
good bye I_Exist Social Anxiety Friends and Connections 34 04-23-2016 08:15 AM
Brave 16 y/o German Girl talks about the reality of the Refugee crisis chefdave Society & Culture 73 01-29-2016 08:11 AM
Had a really good day today! Karaleigh Triumphs Over Social Anxiety 5 01-26-2016 05:34 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome