Something good that happened today - Page 49 - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #961 of 1130 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 02:36 PM
Persona Non Grata
 
Citrine79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: United States
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,414
My Mood: Worried
Sunny day today...finally!! Still not warm but sunny skies improves my mood and I treated myself to a handbag that I have been wanting for awhile.
Citrine79 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #962 of 1130 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 06:31 AM
Persona Non Grata
 
Citrine79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: United States
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,414
My Mood: Worried
Was able to speak up in our weekly meeting at work and tell the boss about a problem I came across. She seemed receptive about it and thanked me for finding it and pointing it out. I am glad I wrote out what I wanted to say as it made things easier and less likely to chicken out. Also had an example of what I found.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Citrine79 is offline  
post #963 of 1130 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 09:48 AM
Worthless Garbage
 
Crisigv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Female
Age: 31
Posts: 8,381
My Mood: Dead
I actually paid all my bills this morning.
Crisigv is offline  
 
post #964 of 1130 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 05:07 PM
On An Indefinite Hiatus
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 11,755
Family came down to visit for three days.

...
iAmCodeMonkey is offline  
post #965 of 1130 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 05:18 PM
The Meditator
 
Suchness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Planet Namek, Australia
Language: Enlgish
Gender: Male
Age: 33
Posts: 5,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmCodeMonkey View Post
Family came down to visit for three days.
And you all got along?
Suchness is offline  
post #966 of 1130 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 05:23 PM
On An Indefinite Hiatus
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 11,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
And you all got along?
Of course! My younger cousins take after me anyway lol

...
iAmCodeMonkey is offline  
post #967 of 1130 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 03:13 AM
SAS Member
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13,878
Got everything done I wanted to - picked up my wife's birthday present, let the dog out for a run and gave him his lunch, then went to the doctor. She had a doctor in training with her and I felt a bit embarassed because she was asking about my mania but they were both very nice.
harrison is offline  
post #968 of 1130 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 05:33 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
I went to a park with my daughters yesterday. It feels like I haven't done this in a very long time. Such a good time with them.
beautifulcat132 is offline  
post #969 of 1130 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 05:07 AM
SAS Member
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13,878
Had a great lunch with the family for my wife's birthday - went somewhere new. Fantastic food and she's happy so that's the main thing.
harrison is offline  
post #970 of 1130 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 11:07 PM
I Am Second
 
Kevin001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA ~ Louisiana
Language: American
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Posts: 56,184
My Mood: Inspired
Me and my friend had a much needed conversation.

~ How can I build Your kingdom if I'm building my own
How can You be my treasure if I'm digging for gold
How can You be my fire if my heart has grown cold
How can You be my future if I've made this my home ~ Love & the Outcome
Kevin001 is offline  
post #971 of 1130 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 02:31 AM
SAS Member
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13,878
Had another nice weekend. Saw my boy yesterday when I wasn't expecting to and stayed up at my wife's place. Watched the election results which was a disaster with the blockheads getting back in for another 3 years. (can't win them all)

We went to the mall today and had a nice lunch.
harrison is offline  
post #972 of 1130 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 05:10 PM
Half agony, half hope.
 
PandaBearx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Female
Age: 24
Posts: 2,402
Final grade for Stats was an A, which is good.

"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
PandaBearx is offline  
post #973 of 1130 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 08:22 PM
SAS Member
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13,878
Calmed down from this morning - thank God.
harrison is offline  
post #974 of 1130 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 08:42 PM
The Meditator
 
Suchness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Planet Namek, Australia
Language: Enlgish
Gender: Male
Age: 33
Posts: 5,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaBearx View Post
Final grade for Stats was an A, which is good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
Calmed down from this morning - thank God.
Good to hear.
Suchness is offline  
post #975 of 1130 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 08:44 PM
Born Of Blotmonaū
 
Canadian Brotha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Over Yonder
Language: South Martian, North Terran, & Lunarian
Gender: Male
Age: 32
Posts: 17,806
My Mood: Cynical
Canadian Brotha is online now  
post #976 of 1130 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 08:45 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 17,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
Had another nice weekend. Saw my boy yesterday when I wasn't expecting to and stayed up at my wife's place. Watched the election results which was a disaster with the blockheads getting back in for another 3 years. (can't win them all)

We went to the mall today and had a nice lunch.
Awesome that you saw your boy.

That election was interesting.
Mondo_Fernando is offline  
post #977 of 1130 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 08:46 PM
SAS Member
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
Good to hear.
Thanks mate - yes I felt terrible before. It just comes out of nowhere.

(Hope you can chat to that girl at the chemist some time too btw - maybe you could just say hi next time. )
harrison is offline  
post #978 of 1130 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 08:51 PM
SAS Member
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo_Fernando View Post
Awesome that you saw your boy.

That election was interesting.
Yes it was good to see him mate - he gave me a big long hug when he left too which was nice. It's so funny hugging him now because he's a lot bigger than he used to be.

Yes, I was disappointed - I don't like the Liberals in general. Morrison ran a very strong campaign which people basically believed - that Labour would raise taxes and they shouldn't risk it. Plus Clive Palmer spent a fortune on ads running Shorten down all the time - which also probably worked. Bit of a shame - but negative campaigns work.
harrison is offline  
post #979 of 1130 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 09:07 PM
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 17,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison View Post
Yes it was good to see him mate - he gave me a big long hug when he left too which was nice. It's so funny hugging him now because he's a lot bigger than he used to be.

Yes, I was disappointed - I don't like the Liberals in general. Morrison ran a very strong campaign which people basically believed - that Labour would raise taxes and they shouldn't risk it. Plus Clive Palmer spent a fortune on ads running Shorten down all the time - which also probably worked. Bit of a shame - but negative campaigns work.
Most still see their kids as their babies, regardless of age. Nice that both got a hug.

I partly watched them cackle on about it on TV, as we get news from Australia here.

Didn't notice the end results, as I thought National was ahead. So Labour won or National? I saw like probably 30 to 40 percent through, and had to do something else.

Was watching Netball in Australia compared to NZ Netball. Australian women knock each other to the ground even, but don't take offense to it. Just smile, get back up and play harder. NZ netball seems to be non contact and even light contact is called. Contact, wing defense.
Mondo_Fernando is offline  
post #980 of 1130 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 11:47 PM
SAS Member
 
harrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo_Fernando View Post
Most still see their kids as their babies, regardless of age. Nice that both got a hug.

I partly watched them cackle on about it on TV, as we get news from Australia here.

Didn't notice the end results, as I thought National was ahead. So Labour won or National? I saw like probably 30 to 40 percent through, and had to do something else.

Was watching Netball in Australia compared to NZ Netball. Australian women knock each other to the ground even, but don't take offense to it. Just smile, get back up and play harder. NZ netball seems to be non contact and even light contact is called. Contact, wing defense.
Liberal/National Party won unfortunately.

I've never really watched the netball I don't think - but that doesn't surprise me tbh. They take their sport very seriously here mate.
harrison is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Worried about not being good enough to work in aviation Halunke Coping With Social Anxiety 3 07-24-2017 02:44 PM
Don't be a Nice Guy - Be a Good Man iAmCodeMonkey Relationships 22 07-01-2017 08:59 PM
good bye I_Exist Social Anxiety Friends and Connections 34 04-23-2016 09:15 AM
Brave 16 y/o German Girl talks about the reality of the Refugee crisis chefdave Society & Culture 73 01-29-2016 09:11 AM
Had a really good day today! Karaleigh Triumphs Over Social Anxiety 5 01-26-2016 06:34 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome