Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Something good that happened today

Tags
positivity
75K views 1K replies 289 participants last post by  8888 
#1 ·
Pick just ONE good thing that happened today. It can be the simplest thing in the world, like, "I ate a yummy breakfast," or something huge like, "I made a new friend," or "I went to a party" or "I won the lottery." :) Nothing is too small. The idea is, as soon as you're forced to pick one good thing, a whole bunch of good things will pop into your head. We've got to force ourselves to think happy thoughts. But try to only list one. :)

I will start. But since the day is still ahead of me, to some extent, I'll say something good that happened yesterday:

I helped my younger brother study for his math test.

xoxo
Maggi
The old thread has unfortunately had to be closed due to its size. Can anybody say reboot? ;)

#2 ·
Two words. Deviled eggs. :grin2:

#5 ·
I had a wonderful dream I was petting and playing with Cosmas. :crying: He was happy and it was so nice.

I still miss him so much.

Reactions: SJE
#9 ·
So why isn't this one a sticky?

#10 ·
Went to a second hand store I had never been to before and found a bunch of tools. Old fashioned quality like they don't make it no more. Even two hand drills that I had been looking for for a long time. That and some materials for a project I'm working on. They practically gave it away too. Plus it was in a run down place which's roof even leaked here and there. That is a real novelty in this country. Nobody gave a damn here either, no falce pretence or hipsters in sight.

Saw some trees in the park full of pods on my way back. Patiently waiting there for me to harvest the seeds from them in a couple of months :)

#12 ·
I got a part-time job. I'm thinking about working there for long-term so throughout college. I'll see how that goes. A bit nervous because the manager told me straight up that because the coworkers are close to one another, there will be a lot of get-together outside of work.

I'm just hoping this won't be a repeat of history again

#14 ·
We're getting our channels back! MTV, VH1, BET, etc. We lost certain popular channels yrs ago.....life changing.

#15 ·
I fixed our clogged bathroom sink.....yay!

#21 ·
I was accepted to work as a transcriptionist on Rev.com and that's awesome cause it pays better than the site I was working on up until now. Though I've been reading reviews by people who've worked there and were terminated even though their work was above what was required of them, and that worries me... still excited to get started.

#25 ·
I was freaking out....called for a taxi and right after that my mom called and said cancel I'll be there in time. Phew....what a relief. I prayed so hard and God came through.

#26 ·
My mom said she would go to church with me Sunday......Hallelujah.

#29 ·
Saw my pastor in the grocery store :). It was nice.