Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Positive Thinking and Goal Setting (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f34/)
-   -   Something good that happened today (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f34/something-good-that-happened-today-2052449/)

harrison 10-04-2020 01:55 PM

Sold some shares on Friday just before the market tanked with the news that the big boy has the virus. That was lucky.

Alleviate Suffering 10-04-2020 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PandaBearx (Post 1094023779)
Coworker bought us coffees today, I originally just ordered a small drink but since everyone else had ordered pastries he bought an extra just in case for me. Which was super considerate and kind.

What is your job? Judging by your posts on this thread you have some really lovely coworkers.

PandaBearx 10-05-2020 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alleviate Suffering (Post 1094024285)
What is your job? Judging by your posts on this thread you have some really lovely coworkers.

I just work at an office, but yes! Definitely very lovely people. :)

movingbee 10-06-2020 09:36 AM

Even if it is a tiring day, I made my son happy with all his sillyness :D

Canadian Brotha 10-08-2020 11:23 PM

Got a mini fridge

zkv 10-17-2020 04:46 PM

My neighbor asked for my help. I go over and there's a guy on the roof and what I guess was his wife right next to the ladder. I'm supposed to climb up there for some reason (haven't asked yet) so I climb up this ****ing thing. That was the scariest bit, one foot at a time. When I get up there I'm informed by the guy that we're supposed hoist this big bird cage up to the roof, then drop it down the other side. That was the thing, the cage was too heavy for him alone. Guy pulled right at the edge. I was like a metre or so in. Apparently I'm not great with heights. After it was up it got easier. Still some vertigo but my verbal exchanges with roof guy and then with the other two when I climbed back down (which was a lot easier), felt natural. Not zero anxiety but it didn't hurt. Also got to see the labyrinth she's got going on back there. I'm happy I could help. She helped me out several times with emergency pet stuff, and is cool in general.

Also did groceries which I never do. And by groceries I mean beer and cancer, or maybe emphysema. I'm all about healthy living, you see.

harrison 10-17-2020 08:18 PM

Talked to a friend of mine last night from back home. I miss him - and I miss that city.

PandaBearx 10-18-2020 04:52 PM

Got another 100 on my exam

Perkins 10-31-2020 05:16 AM

I kicked *** on the treadmill.

WillYouStopDave 10-31-2020 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Brotha (Post 1094025857)
Got a mini fridge

If it is one of those that doesn't have a fan in it, you might want to order one of those battery powered fans from Amazon. When I first got my mini fridge, it took all day and half the night to barely get drinks cold. I wired up an extra computer fan I had and put in there and now it gets stuff cold in a fraction of that time.

KILOBRAVO 11-01-2020 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave (Post 1094035121)
If it is one of those that doesn't have a fan in it, you might want to order one of those battery powered fans from Amazon. When I first got my mini fridge, it took all day and half the night to barely get drinks cold. I wired up an extra computer fan I had and put in there and now it gets stuff cold in a fraction of that time.

So did the extra computer fan help with circulating cold air around the space more efficiently?

Did the air movement caused by the other fan you added help distribute the cold air around the space more?

You would've thought after a really long time after first setting up a minifridge, that eventually it would reach a uniform lower temperature without a fan.

When we bought a new freezer, the pump ran continuously for more or less a whole day and night before the freezer was down to temperature. Mind you, it's harder to make a freezer freeze when you start it off empty. Once it's full of frozen food, a freezer will stay frozen muuuuuuuch longer than if it was empty even if there's a power cut. So now I'm thinking the specific heat capacity of just air must be crap.
At work, we have fan-assisted freezers.

But then when you look at fan-assisted ovens, they do cook the food quicker and usually you can set the oven temp lower compared to if it was a non fan-assisted oven. That's because the fan obviously helps to distribute the heat more evenly around the oven space.

Maybe I just feel it's counter-intuitive thinking about cold air distribution than hot air.

WillYouStopDave 11-01-2020 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILOBRAVO (Post 1094035441)
So did the extra computer fan help with circulating cold air around the space more efficiently?

Did the air movement caused by the other fan you added help distribute the cold air around the space more?

Well, the thing about it was that the mini fridge I have didn't have any fans at all. And it is a pretty small one. It's one of those that is about the size of a camping cooler so it can only hold so much (is difficult to fit anything taller than a bunch of 12 oz cans in there). It can probably hold about 20 12 ounce cans, for reference. Anyway, you fill it up with drinks and let it sit for 3 days and they will be cold but as soon as you put more drinks in there, it has to get them all cold (as well as keeping the ones that are already in there cold). I drink a lot of pop so I could drink half of what was in there in a day so it was a pain in the butt.

Anyway, yeah. I figure the reason it was taking so long was because the air was barely moving in there. Putting just a small fan in there at low speed made a huge difference. Fortunately the fan I put in there was made for hard use (it was the fan that came with an AMD CPU). I think I am using a 5 volt wall wart for power (which doesn't even drive the fan very fast). I did not actually expect it to work. I was just desperate at that point and was very surprised by how effective it was. If it was a larger space, you'd probably want faster speed and/or larger blades.

SunshineSam218 11-02-2020 10:53 AM

I woke up feeling well-rested, I got great sleep last night. So I'm happy about that! :)

zkv 11-11-2020 03:28 AM

Woke up in my own bed. More than enough.

XebelRebel 11-12-2020 04:28 AM

I put multicoloured sprinkles on my Weetabix, which made them so much more fun! :grin2:

It is best to pour the milk first, before adding the sprinkles: I am saying this so that everyone can enjoy even a first bowl of this delightful food.

truant 11-12-2020 01:36 PM

Got my blood test results. I passed. No life-threatening diseases. But my cholesterol is a little high. Too much trans fat.

Canadian Brotha 11-14-2020 09:59 PM

I saw her briefly

john.myles 11-16-2020 04:38 AM

Went for a hike through nature to the sea and sat down on a log for a couple of smokes and some coffee I brought with me.

zkv 11-16-2020 01:37 PM

Brother's looking a lot better. He's been going through a rough patch.

john.myles 11-19-2020 04:40 AM

Caught the bus and went for a hike to a nice spot I now go to regularly for my spiritual sustenance. When I first started going there 3 years ago, I was in such an awful state psychologically but in comparison to now, although I still have significant mental health struggles, there is still nevertheless an improvement in me and I'm very happy about that. You can tell if you're getting better when you can smile again. Wow, what a ride it's been.