Relationships - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Question

Relationships

I'm 18 and i've never been in a relationship; or even kissed someone. I don't think thats necessarily weird but its something that bugs me since i get insecure over my inexperience. Anyway, I've been on a couple dates with this guy and now i'm realizing that i don't even want a relationship or to be involved romantically with anyone. But when I think about me not wanting that i feel so empty inside, and sad. I'm stuck in an endless loop of emptiness and dates and I don't know what to do. I just felt like I needed to share this with someone as I don't think any of my friends will understand. Any feedback would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 12:07 PM
SAS Member

Hey,
I am 21 and have been in quite a few relationships. I believe I have the experience to tell you that one can feel emptiness in relationships also. It is just about one's state of mind. A relationship or the lack of it can be equally fulfilling or exhausting. Also, 18 is still more like a phase where you explore what you like or don't like about relationships. So I won't give it so much thought. Just go with the flow. Your emptiness today will make you feel more whole and happy when you find the right person or right direction in your life. Hope this eases your mind a little.
Pro tip - Don't keep too many expectations from first kiss bdw. We are not living a life in the movies. My first kiss with a guy was in a movie hall and made me hate tacos for life because he smelled like it. Mostly first kisses become hilarious stories to tell later. Just look at it all positively. 🙂
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 02:38 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Inspired
Hey

Does not wanting a relationship make you feel empty? In that case, a relationship won't solve the problem - that emptiness is part of a larger problem. I'd speak to a counsellor if you're not feeling great!x

Much love <3

<3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page