Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Random Positive Thought of the Day

77K views 846 replies 292 participants last post by  8888 
#1 ·
Similar to the other thread, but for positive thoughts that come to mind instead. I think it helps to type them out on a thread like this because thoughts that are kept inside my head tend to slip away after a short period of time (also I would love to read others ;))

I will start:

If I can behave the way I do around the people I'm comfortable with in my life, then I can translate this behavior to people I'm not as comfortable with.

#2 ·
This is a great idea!

Here's one I thought of:

People telling you you're 'too quiet' can be frustrating and hurtful, but what these people are actually trying to tell you is that they like you and value your input, or are interested in knowing you better. If they didn't, they wouldn't say anything at all.

#3 ·
People telling you you're 'too quiet' can be frustrating and hurtful, but what these people are actually trying to tell you is that they like you and value your input, or are interested in knowing you better. If they didn't, they wouldn't say anything at all.
I like this, that is a very good point

#6 ·
I want this thread to live, so I'll give another one:

Rather than compare your achievements with those of others: compare your achievements to what you've done already. Think of life not as a race but running a track and always trying to beat your time.

I don't even know if that makes sense but it does to me.

#8 ·
I want this thread to live, so I'll give another one:

Rather than compare your achievements with those of others: compare your achievements to what you've done already. Think of life not as a race but running a track and always trying to beat your time.

I don't even know if that makes sense but it does to me.
I'm glad you like the thread! And that makes complete sense. Comparing to others rarely helps because there's always those who have accomplished more. I like the way you phrased this.

im really proud of myself for my commitment to my health and fitness. ive lost 7 lbs in just under a week, and i havent had to restrict my eating at all. when i excersize i am so happy when i am able to feel my own progress; moves and stretches that i once didnt even attempt because they seemed too difficult i can find myself able to do- bit by bit i know im getting stronger and leaner and this makes me feel good about myself..
Good for you, and congrats on the weight loss. I agree with you, exercise always makes me feel so much better.

#7 ·
im really proud of myself for my commitment to my health and fitness. ive lost 7 lbs in just under a week, and i havent had to restrict my eating at all. when i excersize i am so happy when i am able to feel my own progress; moves and stretches that i once didnt even attempt because they seemed too difficult i can find myself able to do- bit by bit i know im getting stronger and leaner and this makes me feel good about myself. i wont listen to anyone tell me i dont need to do this- im already too thin, underweight, like they think the desire to be "in shape" is inherently unhealthy and destructive in my case. im tired of obnoxious 'liberalized/"radical"' people blathering about how everybody just needs to accept themselves and accept other people no matter what shape they're in or what they look like. i still have a ways to go but im starting to feel more confident, strong, and in control.

#21 ·
Things will get better when I re-locate. I know what I need to do, I just need a new environment - A place where people don't know me so I can start fresh and turn my life around. I will miss my family, but obviously I will visit often. I need to do this for myself, I can't stay here much longer.

#33 ·
I barely feel the physical effects of anxiety anymore. Now it's just a matter of becoming more comfortable and confident with people and saying what's on my mind a bit more often. I've been fearing the judgement of others much less, and hope it continues to improve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.