Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Positive Thinking and Goal Setting (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f34/)
-   -   Post a Quote that Inspires You (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f34/post-a-quote-that-inspires-you-86371/)

JimmyDeansRetartedCousin 07-25-2011 02:59 PM

Don't sweat the small stuff or you'll drown.

fredbloggs02 08-03-2011 11:47 AM

"Let others complain that the age is wicked; my complaint is that it is paltry; for it lacks passion. Men's thoughts are thin and flimsy . . . The thoughts of their hearts are too paltry to be sinful. This is the reason my soul always turns back to the old testament and to shakespheare. I feel that those who speak there are at least human beings: they hate, they love, they murder their enemies....they sin"- Soren Kierkegaard: Either Or

This is so true! Any dialectical exchange is incomplete without passion and furthermore, impossible! To say reason inhabits the ethereal then summoned before emptiness to me demands a second life to prove. Even if it were possible, noone would resign the truths they themselves arrived at existentially! People argue for infallibility when they would reject the freedom it wrought them should it win the debate! They argue dispassionately with prejudice for other people, or their envisiged second life they imagine their disdainfully conjugal arguements without conviction earned them... Oh the irony, oh the comedy, oh the hypocrisy....."sighs." In essence, everything I write here is an experiment in passion, however implausible, fallible or ludicrously ad hoc. If nothing else it teaches me one thing, there is nothing that matters more than truest expression at the time and there is supreme infallibility in that before or after a challenge when others commit suicide before their challenge proceeds the pen. Of humble humility, if you won't love me who else could? .. Lol.

"What our age lacks is not reflection but passion"-Fear And Trembling

Scarlet Tanager 08-03-2011 07:13 PM

Hakuna matata

Manifold 08-03-2011 07:26 PM

"Don't tase me, bro!"

Cat Montgomery 08-03-2011 09:19 PM

Not a quote, but inspirational.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupToqz1e2g
"To live in the hearts we leave behind is to never die"

fredbloggs02 08-04-2011 01:11 AM

"First of all come great dreams, then a feeling of laziness, and finally a witty or clever excuse to remain in bed"-Soren Kierkegaard

"But, by leaping into the depths, one learns to help oneself, learns to love others as much as oneself, even though one is accused of arrogance and pride-because one will not accept help-or of selfishness, because one will not cunningly deceive people by helping them, i.e. by helping them to escape their highest destiny." -Soren Kierkegaard

I'm finding Kierkegaard a highly empowering writer in aid of breaking away from a group mentality. I highly reccomend this antidote to social anxiety. However, one should also bear in mind the religious undertones before falling into the trap. He sets his own individualistic effort to leap into an absurdity he calls God but not necessarily what we would. I tend to read those passages as more an autobiigraphical account. As with all existentialists who square with themselves to write they are their own authors and readers and require noone else. This to me is a worthy endeavour to set a mind free of social anxiety which to me represents a man who would naturally express himself in the highest, limiting the pinnacle of expression and contradicting his unique nature above and beyond his charitable demeanor to a crowd. After all sympathy isn't love is it...

fredbloggs02 08-05-2011 10:30 PM

"If we might suppose for a moment there was a law which did not forbid people talking, but simply ordered that everything which was spoken about should be treated as though it had happened fifty years ago, the gossips would be done for, they would be in despair. On the other hand, it would not really interfere with any one who could really talk....."

Hahahahhahaha, Kierkegaard is such a legend, hilarious!

He then goes on to say after equally hilarious bashing. "It really would be a shame and cruelty to all those silly gossiping people who must all the same be allowed to live-and so the law is only posited."

This isn't his most philosohpical commentary but for humour as a wrecking-ball, quite faultless:D

Mr. SandMan 08-05-2011 11:10 PM

Not that it inspires me, but the coach of the championship Houston Rockets said ...

"Never doubt the heart of a champion."

Like that qoute.

fredbloggs02 08-07-2011 09:35 PM

"One alone speaks the truth: the shattered Titan, the eye-witness, ageless, regular, secular, in saecula saeculorum. Me. Man is dead, and I am his witness."- Jean-Paul Satre

"To hell with the facts; I leave them to the false witnesses. I leave them the relevant causes and the fundamental reasons. This was how it tasted."- Jean-Paul Satre

"De profundis clamavi"(from the depths I cried)

Alchemist 08-14-2011 02:52 PM

He is right, we are better then that!

Alchemist 08-27-2011 05:51 AM

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain

LSDCoatedBrain 08-27-2011 02:49 PM

"It never gets easier, you just get stronger."

"If you think the pain of making a necessary change is too much for you to endure, wait until you one day experience the pain of having not changed, and when there's not enough time in your life left to take back control of where you are, how you are and what you are"

MrQuiet76 08-27-2011 03:22 PM

"No matter how you feel, it's what you do that matters."

I've always applied this to SA by realizing that even if I'm nervous to death about something, I can still do it anyway... it's not the anxiety that stops us from doing something, it's our decision to avoid situations that induce anxiety that stops us...

NeckFace 08-27-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not a real gem (Post 1059116568)
You can't polish a turd. :lol

I love that saying!

But you can roll it in glitter. ;)

kosherpiggy 08-27-2011 05:51 PM

the lyrics to Keep Ya Head Up

Elizabeth419 08-27-2011 05:53 PM

"Love until it hurts." - Mother Theresa

kosherpiggy 08-27-2011 05:56 PM

"be the change you want to see in the world." - gandhi

JimmyDeansRetartedCousin 08-27-2011 06:44 PM

"But how can I be anything without self respect?"

"Why must you be anything?"

anxiousguy 08-27-2011 07:56 PM

I've had confidence in myself all along. It was just a matter of getting the pieces back in place.

Looking back, knowing that you gave it your all... win or lose, you finish a champion.
- Dale Earnhardt

Cest La Vie 08-27-2011 09:03 PM

“To be upset over what you don't have is to waste what you do have.”

- Ken Keyes.