Let's indulge our fantasies, materialistic things you would like to own !! - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellLicht View Post
-A modest size home with a workshop for woodworking, and another for automotive. Storage space onsite for vehicles etc.

-An income that can support that, and offer time to indulge these things.

I would not ask for anything else if I couldn't get it on my own..
I totally dig that man ! That's all I want too man basically a job with hours and income level that allows me to indulge in my hobbies.

I can see it now.. @DarrellLicht comes home...has a lazy Sunday breakfast...spends the afternoon working on some car....yea awesome !

Just like I can imagine myself waking up on a Saturday, going to my in house gym...getting a good workout...bathe and spend the rest of the day playing guitar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 08:32 AM
Stoic Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1984 View Post
its materialistic because i want to reduce people to material possessions. i'd like to travel to a time when humans can be possessions and i can have some slaves and be loved through my freeing of said slaves via my amazing morals but somehow this love only serves to enslave the freed slaves even more, because under no circumstances do i want to lose any power or give up power unless it nets a greater power in the end. so i can live out my days as a shining example of goodness even though its actually pretty disgusting.

its not so good now, when children are the only humans really able to be possessions, but they aren't really traded very often. and i only want children also to live through some moralistic ideal of self sacrifice and moral elevation as a wholesome savior of the damned sub-human children. this always has a super unrealistic fairy tale ending. their getting better and becoming fully human always coincides with my getting better and becoming fully human. in actuality, i'm sure the constant presence and pressure to look after them, a dirty forced kind of intimacy - exactly the kind of thing i hate with flatmates and colleagues, forced to be around each other, leading to resentment and hatred from me. this would never go well.

and of course i'm against slavery generally. idk why taboo - and ideologically opposite to what i believe in - things are generally what i fantasise about. but my beliefs are usually about things other people do that i don't like, and i want to have power over those people.

So you want to be God

Wow, Andy. I think this post is a masterpiece of frank self examination, and I understand it well. I, too, am always fighting the temptation to treat people as possessions. And I love being appreciated for things that I do, that I consider kind and good. And I recognize that these are character faults.

I should be able to look at a beautiful person and delight in their beauty without wanting it for myself. I should be thankful that I am in a position to help someone in some way, not taking delight in how good I am. Those are ways of appreciating life that really don't require help from someone else, but give help to someone else, and it feels good.

Anyway, loved the post.

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
(Mick Jagger)
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 05:08 PM
Poorly tuned

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIncymon View Post
@WillYouStopDave

Well, fantasy is the point of this thread man. Fantasy without judgement, without thinking of monetary limits etc...

You keep saying that your material wants are what most ppl would call basic...I swear you rephrase that sentiment 5 times in this post without actually listing what those wants are.

Just give it a shot man, say what it is that you would like, and try not to limit yourself to your current life situation.

I find it a bit therapeutical to sometimes daydream about things I would like to have without the constant nagging of "I will never have enough money to afford xyz" .... the point of this thread isn't "I will never have enough money.." ....its just....light hearted fantasizing.

try it man... it is ok to want stuff. It's Ok to indulge in a little selfish fantasy once in a while.
I don't have any specific material wants that are not intrinsically related to basic survival. I really can't think of anything I'd call exotic. Particularly nothing that is out of the reach of someone with a halfway decent job. Like I said. I guess most people would say they'd like some kind of expensive car or something. I don't see cars the way most people do. To me I just see them as depreciating assets that you have to fight with to maintain their utility and their fancy nature.

Same thing with a house or whatever. There's no point in fancy. There's a basic level of functionality and durability and beyond that you're just painting it with gold for the sake of it.

So that's it. I said what I meant. I don't even think I'd really want to own an ordinary house. If money were no object I'd want to rent a normal house out in the sticks somewhere and lease a normal car and trade it in every few years so as to not have to **** with trying to maintain basic functionality of something I just see as a box to get me from one place to another.

Oh. I'd like to have a new computer every so often.

I didn't say it isn't OK to want stuff. Just that I can't think of anything extravagant I'd really want.

/WYSD

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 10:10 PM
Born Of Blotmonaū

Language: South Martian, North Terran, & Lunarian
My Mood: Cynical
A home with a fully equipped recording studio and loads of instruments, also a cottage near water with the same, probably in the mountains somewhere. I donít think Iíd need much more than that but if I think of something Iíll come back
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 01:15 AM
untitled document

Language: None
A dishwasher, washer and dryer, and sound-proof ceiling/walls.

SA Game | Sacramento SA Meetup

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIncymon View Post
@WillYouStopDave

Well, fantasy is the point of this thread man. Fantasy without judgement, without thinking of monetary limits etc...

You keep saying that your material wants are what most ppl would call basic...I swear you rephrase that sentiment 5 times in this post without actually listing what those wants are.

Just give it a shot man, say what it is that you would like, and try not to limit yourself to your current life situation.

[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/SAS_2015/smilies/tango_face_plain.png[/IMG] I find it a bit therapeutical to sometimes daydream about things I would like to have without the constant nagging of "I will never have enough money to afford xyz" .... the point of this thread isn't "I will never have enough money.." ....its just....light hearted fantasizing.

<a href="http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/images/smilies/drunk.gif" border="0" alt="" title="" >:-)</a> try it man... it is ok to want stuff. It's Ok to indulge in a little selfish fantasy once in a while.
I don't have any specific material wants that are not intrinsically related to basic survival. I really can't think of anything I'd call exotic. Particularly nothing that is out of the reach of someone with a halfway decent job. Like I said. I guess most people would say they'd like some kind of expensive car or something. I don't see cars the way most people do. To me I just see them as depreciating assets that you have to fight with to maintain their utility and their fancy nature.

Same thing with a house or whatever. There's no point in fancy. There's a basic level of functionality and durability and beyond that you're just painting it with gold for the sake of it.

So that's it. I said what I meant. I don't even think I'd really want to own an ordinary house. If money were no object I'd want to rent a normal house out in the sticks somewhere and lease a normal car and trade it in every few years so as to not have to **** with trying to maintain basic functionality of something I just see as a box to get me from one place to another.

Oh. I'd like to have a new computer every so often.

I didn't say it isn't OK to want stuff. Just that I can't think of anything extravagant I'd really want.
Good for you mate !
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

LEGO!!!!!!!!!!!

Another hobby of mine I would like to persue is lego ...

I would hope to have enough disposable income one day to do something like this

OR this

Oh yes....if I have enough money to afford to buy enough lego to work on a project like above....I will be very happy.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page