Let's indulge our fantasies, materialistic things you would like to own !! - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 05:40 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Sad

Let's indulge our fantasies, materialistic things you would like to own !!

Life can be a downer. Many times it feels like we will never be able to afford our hobbies

No item mentioned is too nerdy or weird. Let's just indulge in some fantasy...unload a bit.

I will go.

1) I would like to have a complete home gym room in my house, fully equiped with weights for almost any exercise, a treadmill and a bike...and I would like to have this at least by aged 35, if not earlier. I would ideally like to have at least 10 yrs of my life able to use it comfortably.

2) I would like to have an ART ROOM...with guitars, keyboard a drumset and a table for painting or drawing.

3) I would like a bookshelf with a complete collection of Stephen King's works, including the entire DARK TOWER series.

4) I would like a set of Transformers figures from the Michael Bay Movie series ...the figures with the most accurate transformations and designs...IE the leader class figures of Optimus Prime and Megatron..and whatever else looks screen accurate in both modes.

5) I would like to be able to afford a small boat for fishing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 08:27 AM
SAS's Chief Meteorologist

I'd like to own an entire square block where mine would be the only house. It would have a lot of trees on it for privacy and a steel fence around it.

Nobody loves me but my dog, and I think he might be jivin', too.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maslow View Post
I'd like to own an entire square block where mine would be the only house. It would have a lot of trees on it for privacy and a steel fence around it.
nice

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 01:17 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
a massive amount of land. a tiny house.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 01:33 PM
Don
Fupa King

Language: English
(1) A cabin-home in a pine tree forest

(2) A personal theatre/gaming room with a popcorn machine

(3) A solid book collection and bookshelf space. I'm basically kidding myself because I barely read anymore but why not

(4) Idk. I'll edit later if I think of more

Life's Wack
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 11:59 PM
manic in Bali

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIncymon View Post
Life can be a downer. Many times it feels like we will never be able to afford our hobbies

No item mentioned is too nerdy or weird. Let's just indulge in some fantasy...unload a bit.

I will go.

1) I would like to have a complete home gym room in my house, fully equiped with weights for almost any exercise, a treadmill and a bike...and I would like to have this at least by aged 35, if not earlier. I would ideally like to have at least 10 yrs of my life able to use it comfortably.

2) I would like to have an ART ROOM...with guitars, keyboard a drumset and a table for painting or drawing.

3) I would like a bookshelf with a complete collection of Stephen King's works, including the entire DARK TOWER series.

4) I would like a set of Transformers figures from the Michael Bay Movie series ...the figures with the most accurate transformations and designs...IE the leader class figures of Optimus Prime and Megatron..and whatever else looks screen accurate in both modes.

5) I would like to be able to afford a small boat for fishing
That one at least wouldn't be hard to get - or very expensive, depending on what editions you were happy with. If they were Reprints it wouldn't have to cost much at all. Just use a site like abebooks.com.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 02:55 AM
Malevolent Dictator

My Mood: Brooding
1. An underwater lair research facility where I can create genetically modified sea monsters study marine biology.
2. A power suit. Like Iron Man's, only cool.
3. A robot army.
4. I was going to say a large doll collection, but let's be honest: those are going to be tiny, humanoid robots.
5. I already have a pretty big book collection, but at least part of my underwater lair research facility is going to be a big ****ing library.
6. And I wouldn't mind owning a copy of most of the comic books published up until about the end of the 80s.
7. An art gallery. I won't be selfish, though. I don't need to own the Mona Lisa or anything.
8. A very large walk-in closet. With separate rooms for shoes, bags, gowns, etc. One never knows when they'll get the urge to take the stealth jet to the city for a night at the opera.
9. And a well-stocked kitchen with modern appliances. And a chef, ofc, because I can't cook worth a damn. A robot cook would probably be acceptable. Oh! And a robot butler!
10. Possibly an arena for robot gladiators. Possibly fighting genetically modified sea monsters. (I'm undecided about that one.)

I'm sure I could keep thinking up more and more stuff, but this should keep me busy for a bit.

Are you sure you want to permanently delete this culture? [Yes] [No]
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 03:16 AM
SAS Member

Oh man, if I were to really indulge myself, I'd buy a copy of Vincent L. Wimbush and Richard Valantasis's 1995 book: "Ascetism".

last.fm

Where are we each and all?
Creatures run and creatures crawl
Spinning here on this ball
Creatures run and creatures crawl
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 09:50 AM
'internet nerd'

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
When I saw this thread earlier I couldn't think of anything, and it is difficult since I'm mostly operating on 'I'd like to not feel pain/don't really want anything'

But a swimming pool (outdoors,) maybe with a waterslide, also I guess if really unrealistic fantasies a waterpark to myself because they're so packed full of people and don't want to spend more time queuing than doing water stuff (I've only been to one once.)

Some kind of elven tree house:

https://lotr-sounds.ambient-mixer.co...7e819_full.jpg

A secret bookcase door.

Living near the sea would be cool too, somewhere where there aren't many people around. I'd also like to be able to go swimming in the sea, without having to worry about keeping an eye on stuff on the beach that might get stolen.

Stuff like this is cool too:

https://assets.atlasobscura.com/medi...8tb3JpZW50Il1d

Has to be creepily decaying obviously.

Quote:
Please don't attempt to raid Nevada to 'see them aliens' as part of the internet's joke du jour, the US air force will not be amused.
Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

"Who are you to change this world?
Silly boy!
No one needs to hear your words.
Let it go."
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I want airconditioning for the whole house LOL....this tropical sun is a killer !
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 08:12 PM
manic in Bali

I'd like a 3 bedroom apartment in a tower in the middle of the city - actually in a few cities. Plus a few other places to get the rent from of course.

One of the apartments on the top of the Westin Hotel would be good too - then you can get room service to help if you're feeling lazy.

Couple of decent cars - I'm not into fancy cars, I used to like them but now I couldn't care less. Just something functional.

More books obviously - some pre-1500 stuff, and some other things I like. I wouldn't really want anything too valuable in my place - I'd be too worried about it. Just a few things to look at occasionally.

Gold and bearer bonds in a vault at the bank.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 08:38 PM

Achieved most of my dreams.

One world record I would like to acheive and learnt enough to know how to set it up to acheive it.

But will I is another story.

Zera.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 09:06 PM
Flying Backwards

My Mood: Relaxed
Hmmm. I don't know. TBH, most of my wants and desires are actually fairly down to earth and easily obtainable to the average person with a halfway decent job. The catch is that I'm not one of them so I am forever doomed to wish I was at least average in terms of what I can afford. Every single time I come to a point where I need something that costs more than a few dollars I have to try and figure out how to get an equivalent substitute for like 20% of the price of what it would normally cost.

I suppose I enjoy looking at really extravagant things like exotic sports cars and yachts and so forth but I'm not really that guy. If I could afford a yacht I'd probably be tempted to buy it but would balk in the end because I know the value of money all too well and I know what I can live with. And frankly, yacht ownership (even if you can afford it) seems like it would be a nightmare.

I don't even know why I'm talking about that, TBH. I guess because I have some odd fascination with boats and ships (even though I have hardly ever even been on anything fancier than an inflatable raft or a canoe).

Anyway, yeah. My material wants are what most people would identify as basic necessities. I would like to be able to just exist have have a few basic things, reasonable comfort and not have people taking advantage of my fragile mental state for the rest of my life. That's just how far down I am. The basic necessities of life are luxuries to me. I am basically a homeless man who someone took pity on and let me stay in an empty room in their house and allows me to have basic meals and the bare minimum of medical care. And even that is extravagant compared to what the average person would encounter if they were anything like me. I'm aware of that.

------------

In case of emergency, my husk can be used as a flotation device.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 09:18 PM
monk

Language: english, silence
My Mood: Amazed
its materialistic because i want to reduce people to material possessions. i'd like to travel to a time when humans can be possessions and i can have some slaves and be loved through my freeing of said slaves via my amazing morals but somehow this love only serves to enslave the freed slaves even more, because under no circumstances do i want to lose any power or give up power unless it nets a greater power in the end. so i can live out my days as a shining example of goodness even though its actually pretty disgusting.

its not so good now, when children are the only humans really able to be possessions, but they aren't really traded very often. and i only want children also to live through some moralistic ideal of self sacrifice and moral elevation as a wholesome savior of the damned sub-human children. this always has a super unrealistic fairy tale ending. their getting better and becoming fully human always coincides with my getting better and becoming fully human. in actuality, i'm sure the constant presence and pressure to look after them, a dirty forced kind of intimacy - exactly the kind of thing i hate with flatmates and colleagues, forced to be around each other, leading to resentment and hatred from me. this would never go well.

and of course i'm against slavery generally. idk why taboo - and ideologically opposite to what i believe in - things are generally what i fantasise about. but my beliefs are usually about things other people do that i don't like, and i want to have power over those people.

"I take what is mine. I pay the iron price."
―Balon Greyjoy
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 04:20 PM
'internet nerd'

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
This was inspired by the person who wrote this reddit post I'm quoting (inspired is the wrong word really I literally copied and pasted, I would actually change various details like I'd definitely need a dick at least occasionally and the ability to shapeshift, and I've forgotten parts of this post though I read it earlier so there might be other bits I want to change too, but you get the idea/direction.) and your threads on this forum, also every neoreactionary that posts ****. Also this guy. Also inspired by some soundbyte from a filthy frank video it also seems weirdly on point now given the post above me so I guess was also inspired by continuing a theme in this thread:

Quote:
I fantasize a lot about living in a female dominant world. Only woman and effeminate gay men are permitted to live in this world. Men are only tolerated as a source of sperm.

My current fantasy involves a moon colony. In the 2050s, billionaires begin to establish colonies on the moon. These colonies were entirely self-governing.

A woman billionaire established a feminist colony for women and effeminate gay men.

Any woman could join the colony as long as their agreed to live by the feminist laws. Only men between the ages of 18 and 27 could join the colony.

Males were required to pass several tests.

The testing process was extremely demeaning and weeded out most men. First, their sperm count was tested. [redacted]

If a male passed the sperm count test, they were tested for homosexuality and effeminacy. The homosexuality test [redacted]

The effeminacy test, this was considered the easiest test. A male was required to do his hair, makeup, and nails in front of a female judge. He was then required to talk about beauty and fashion with another effeminate male.

If a male passed all of these tests, he was interviewed to ensure that he consider women superior to men and that he wished he were a woman.
Ah man, I can't actually post this. I want to but I've already broken a bunch of rules, and this isn't 18+ so basically

look up the subreddit MEFetishism and look for the post female dominant world.

Quote:
Please don't attempt to raid Nevada to 'see them aliens' as part of the internet's joke du jour, the US air force will not be amused.
Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

"Who are you to change this world?
Silly boy!
No one needs to hear your words.
Let it go."
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 04:23 PM
BUSTY BBW BBC TAKING MILF

Language: Can complain in all languages
My Mood: Lonely
A special mirror that makes me look good.

A lava gun but I'll settle for a flamethrower.

A butler. Is that a possession? Lol.

A crocodile.

Infinite supply of chocolate.

Go then, there are other worlds than these.

You ain't tried no drug like me
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 04:34 PM
formerly Shawn81

Language: English
A house in a mountain forest.

post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 04:41 PM
Vainglorious little sh*t

I'm not super materialistic. What I want more than anything is a home and car I own outright. Maybe a second home as an income property, but otherwise nothing really. I can def get super detailed into the home I want though. Um, maybe clothes and most up to date phone and laptop?

Anything else I want is more experience based- various classes and lessons like piano, guitar, vocal, dance, muay thai, French, traveling, going to musicals, just things I enjoy. Therapy. Money no object though, I'd go back for a PhD in clinical psych.

On enhanced mobile I don't receive notifications besides pms. Apologies if I don't respond.

Know your ACE (adverse childhood experiences) score?
Sometimes, SA is a symptom of significant developmental, attachment or interpersonal trauma (emotional neglect counts). If you're still stuck after you've tried SA treatments such as CBT and exposure, research C-PTSD and see if it resonates. Here's an awesome resource. Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
Hmmm. I don't know. TBH, most of my wants and desires are actually fairly down to earth and easily obtainable to the average person with a halfway decent job. The catch is that I'm not one of them so I am forever doomed to wish I was at least average in terms of what I can afford. Every single time I come to a point where I need something that costs more than a few dollars I have to try and figure out how to get an equivalent substitute for like 20% of the price of what it would normally cost.

I suppose I enjoy looking at really extravagant things like exotic sports cars and yachts and so forth but I'm not really that guy. If I could afford a yacht I'd probably be tempted to buy it but would balk in the end because I know the value of money all too well and I know what I can live with. And frankly, yacht ownership (even if you can afford it) seems like it would be a nightmare.

I don't even know why I'm talking about that, TBH. I guess because I have some odd fascination with boats and ships (even though I have hardly ever even been on anything fancier than an inflatable raft or a canoe).

Anyway, yeah. My material wants are what most people would identify as basic necessities. I would like to be able to just exist have have a few basic things, reasonable comfort and not have people taking advantage of my fragile mental state for the rest of my life. That's just how far down I am. The basic necessities of life are luxuries to me. I am basically a homeless man who someone took pity on and let me stay in an empty room in their house and allows me to have basic meals and the bare minimum of medical care. And even that is extravagant compared to what the average person would encounter if they were anything like me. I'm aware of that.
@WillYouStopDave

Well, fantasy is the point of this thread man. Fantasy without judgement, without thinking of monetary limits etc...

You keep saying that your material wants are what most ppl would call basic...I swear you rephrase that sentiment 5 times in this post without actually listing what those wants are.

Just give it a shot man, say what it is that you would like, and try not to limit yourself to your current life situation.

I find it a bit therapeutical to sometimes daydream about things I would like to have without the constant nagging of "I will never have enough money to afford xyz" .... the point of this thread isn't "I will never have enough money.." ....its just....light hearted fantasizing.

try it man... it is ok to want stuff. It's Ok to indulge in a little selfish fantasy once in a while.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 06:49 AM
SAS Member

Language: I speak amurrican..
-A modest size home with a workshop for woodworking, and another for automotive. Storage space onsite for vehicles etc.

-An income that can support that, and offer time to indulge these things.

I would not ask for anything else if I couldn't get it on my own..

-As always-

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page