Inspiring photo thread - Page 3 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #41 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 04:25 PM
Nefelibata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbre View Post
I wouldnt know about Greek translations. You seem perfectly fluent in English and Dostoevskys books arent that difficult, so I dont think you would have much trouble with an English translation, but maybe there is a better Greek one. The only English translation you might have problems with are Constance Garnetts since she translated his works around 100 years ago and uses some words and terms that are no longer used. Many people consider her translations inferior to more modern ones anyway. I would love to be able to read Dostoevsky in his original lanugage.

If you do read Dostoevsky sometime I hope you enjoy him. He was my favourite author for a long time (and is still one of my favourites). His books are very psychological, and I still havent read another fiction author who has created characters with as much depth and complexity as he has.
Maybe I'll ask my dad about the Greek translation since he used to be a pretty voracious reader and will probably know whether it's any good.

I'm sure I will, he isn't among the classics for no reason I do like works that explore the psychological aspect of mankind a lot.

I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.
✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧
─ Anas Nin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 04:26 PM
Nefelibata

(why is this not my bookcase?? )

I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.
✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧
─ Anas Nin
post #43 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: too few
My Mood: Angelic
So this was taken in Hawaii not too long ago..

post #44 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 02:12 PM
Nefelibata

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧
─ Anas Nin
post #45 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 08:36 AM
Nefelibata

Western Oregon

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧
─ Anas Nin
post #46 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 11:44 AM
milk enthusiast

post #47 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 02:49 PM
Nefelibata

https://unsplash.com/photos/7CkELnHLY0M

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧
─ Anas Nin
post #48 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 05:36 PM
SAS Member

I would love to have an office with a beautiful view someday.

"They laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at them because they are all the same."
post #49 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 06:55 AM
SAS Member

Language: English
post #50 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 10:07 PM
SAS Member

Amazing insight you have on this, it's nice to find a website that details so much information.
post #51 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 10:34 AM
Nefelibata

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧
─ Anas Nin
post #52 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 11:37 AM
Nefelibata

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧
─ Anas Nin
post #53 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 05:45 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
post #54 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 02:15 AM
Nefelibata

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧
─ Anas Nin
post #55 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 06:23 PM
SAS Member

Language: Vietnamese
My Mood: Lonely

"Did you really have a bad day or did you have a bad 10 minutes and dwelled on it the entire day?"
post #56 of 63 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 07:52 PM
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohikaarme View Post
So beautiful and peaceful.
post #57 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 10:46 AM
Nefelibata

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧
─ Anas Nin
post #58 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

Language: too few
My Mood: Angelic
post #59 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 01:00 AM
Nefelibata

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧
─ Anas Nin
post #60 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 01:55 AM
Wanted for questioning

My Mood: Innocent

What's wrong with running away from reality if it sucks?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page