Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

i quit smoking cold turkey.

3K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  sourpatch 
#1 ·
like the tittle says, i quit smoking after about tens years of smoking. i was not a heavy smoker though. probably 2 cigs a day.... maybe three. none on weekends... unless i drank and went out.

i always felt that i could quit... i would tell people this when they would ask me why do you smoke. they would not believe me though, i didn't/don't see what is hard about it.

the only reason i started smoking was because it relaxes me. i can remember the very first time i smoke a cig... it was at work during lunch time. some guy asked me if i smoked and i said that i didn't see the point of it. he gave me one, smoked it, and got me a little light headed but relaxed.

i lie, there is another reason why i smoked. now that i think about it, i never did ask anyone if it happened to them as well. but smoke made me want to "take the browns to the supper bowl". this only happened in the morning though.

one of the reasons that also made me want to quit was that in 2010 all cigarettes needed to be self extinguishing if left untended. i think they are called fire-safe cigarettes.

after they made all cigs "fire-save" i presume they had to add more chemicals... and the taste changed for me. it taste weird... i had to puff on the cig to keep t lit but when i would do that the smoke had a "chemically" taste... it left a fowl taste in my mouth and throat. i could have made my own cigs from pure tobacco but i found a brand that would not give me that fowl taste. so this was not the only reason i quit.

but yeah... one day i just said to myself... i'm going to quit... next day no cigs... till now... it's been about 2 months. i don't know why it's really hard for some people.

See less See more
#4 ·
I don't wanna piss on your parade man but quitting after smoking 2 or 3 a day isn't really a challenge. I mean I'm happy for you and everything, of course, but it's not really going cold turkey, is it? And it's a bit insensitive saying you don't know why it's hard for some people to quit. Coming off from smoking a pack a day is another world.

But yeah, good for you. It's an unnecessary habit and I'm glad you've stopped it.

ahahahahaha

#10 ·
I am proud of you that you quit. I am trying to get myself to quit though I have smoked on and off and would only smoke one cigarette a day which now turned to one cigarete on Fridays and one on Saturdays. I have heard other people' stories where they would smoke about one to two packs a day. Now those people have seriously got to quit. I find smoking to be absolutely pointless. I smoke to relieve my stress but at the very end, it just makes me anxious. I vowed to smoke my last pack of cigarette and after that, never buy a cigarette in my life ever again. It's going to be tough on me, but I hope that I will have enough strength to never go back to cigarettes ever again and find a better way to relieve my stress.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.