Social Anxiety Forum

Social Anxiety Forum (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/)
-   Positive Thinking (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f34/)
-   -   How has someone made your day? (https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f34/how-has-someone-made-your-day-2121730/)

yugex 12-10-2017 05:37 PM

How has someone made your day?

I recently bought a military-style jacket (and for a great price) and had many people come up to me to say they thought it looked cute. That small compliment made my day! How has someone else made your day?

Sus y 12-10-2017 05:44 PM

Today, someone recognized my knowledge and experience in a matter and asked my opinion.
It felt good.

Bonbone 12-20-2017 07:42 PM

I made a Christmas card for someone, and their genuine smile made my day all the better

Excaliber 12-20-2017 07:55 PM

Received a box of picard peanuts, yumm.

MagnoliaForest 12-29-2017 01:44 AM

When I was taking art, I resided in a very windy city. One day, my portfolio blew open and all my pages flew onto the road. Without thinking twice, a stranger on the other side of the crosswalk bolted to grab all of my art pages while cars were still driving past.

I still owe that stranger a thank you.

In a Lonely Place 04-05-2019 04:25 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JTpYaAtdQW...55fe8fe2da.jpg

Surprising me with this picture for a birthday gift

rabidfoxes 04-05-2019 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagnoliaForest (Post 1091853473)
One day, my portfolio blew open and all my pages flew onto the road. Without thinking twice, a stranger on the other side of the crosswalk bolted to grab all of my art pages while cars were still driving past.

This creates a beautiful mental image.

WillYouStopDave 04-05-2019 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In a Lonely Place (Post 1093676607)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JTpYaAtdQW...55fe8fe2da.jpg

Surprising me with this picture for a birthday gift

Why does he have mustard on his chin?

Potter_Logic_Yep 04-05-2019 09:06 AM

Yeah actually. I’m friends with this really chill guy who apparently really likes me. It’s refreshing to actually be liked by someone. Anyways, we walked around the mall once and jokingly he wore my scrunchie. At the end of the day when I left he was going to give it back but I said “you can keep it.” We both smiled. And still now he wears the scrunchie throughout the day.

In a Lonely Place 04-05-2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave (Post 1093676671)
Why does he have mustard on his chin?

That's not mustard, he got hit in the face with a custard pie.
See his ear, eye, nose and hair.

Kamikaze 04-05-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potter_Logic_Yep (Post 1093676829)
Yeah actually. Im friends with this really chill guy who apparently really likes me. Its refreshing to actually be liked by someone. Anyways, we walked around the mall once and jokingly he wore my scrunchie. At the end of the day when I left he was going to give it back but I said you can keep it. We both smiled. And still now he wears the scrunchie throughout the day.

Very endearing. He sounds like a sweet goofball (best kind of guy)

WillYouStopDave 04-05-2019 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In a Lonely Place (Post 1093676833)
That's not mustard, he got hit in the face with a custard pie.
See his ear, eye, nose and hair.

I'm American. We don't have custard. We have mustard and biscuits. (Actually, I think we do have custard. We just don't acknowledge it).

In a Lonely Place 04-06-2019 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave (Post 1093677783)
I'm American. We don't have custard. We have mustard and biscuits. (Actually, I think we do have custard. We just don't acknowledge it).

Sorry to hear that Dave

CNikki 04-08-2019 06:07 PM

Being able to work well with someone and having that appreciation known.

harrison 04-08-2019 06:35 PM

The other day this lovely young girl kept letting me go in front of her when I was getting off the tram. She had such a lovely smile and was very sweet.

roxslide 04-09-2019 09:50 PM

I don't generally care that much about compliments or nice gestures but I love it when I geek out or share a funny moment with a stranger over something.

Today I high fived a guy after we agreed that DS9 is the best Star Trek. (He was wearing a TNG shirt)

On Halloween I was driving around in a Chewbacca costume stuck in traffic and a couple in the car next to me waved at me to roll my window down and the guy did the best chewbacca impression for me. It was great.

Last week a coworker tried to compliment me and instead of saying they liked my shirt, they accidentally said "I like your teeth." We both laughed so hard we were tearing up.

kesker 04-09-2019 10:32 PM

At work along time ago the Board of Directors were trying to get us all fired. For some reason they decided they could get ammunition by making us fill out a questionnaire on what we perceived our job duties to be. My answers to the questions included references to slithering worm-demons and my penchant for screaming, "Momma!!??" One of my coworkers showed my completed survey to one of the supervisors I really respected and he brought me into his office and snickered, telling me he thought I should be a writer. Then he told me how his daughter was an aspiring author. Up until that point we hadn't talked much.

Potter_Logic_Yep 04-11-2019 07:51 PM

Haha thank you

RichardB6 04-26-2019 06:15 AM

not yet :/

SparklingWater 04-26-2019 07:32 AM

I've stopped isolating as much recently and it really makes my day everytime someone asks me to hang out. Even though I don't always take them up on on it and follow through, it feels good to know that sure, I've isolated and cut myself off, but there's always an opportunity to reconnect. There's no permanent 'you're cut off from humanity' button lol. I'm always welcome to rejoin when I feel up to it. Pple respond to how we are in the present moment, not how we used to be less social. That's a major relief.