How can I find my life purpose? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 11:40 AM
SAS Member

Language: I have a one tongue and that is not English
My Mood: Cheeky
Yes but that alone does not carry me.

No, I don't speak English and that is a secret of my happiness!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 12:59 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Lonely
Sadly...and as I continue to learn this, only you can give your own life purpose.

However, if taken on the more butterfly effect premise, perhaps your life's purpose comes down to a single act that you won't ever be aware of that led to an outcome fulfilling someone else's fate.

It could be as basic as giving someone a hand with their groceries or paying someone a compliment. And poof...your life's purpose fulfilled in 5 seconds and it could have already happened.

Everything else is yours to define...and I'm still struggling with that myself.
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 06:26 PM
Death is my comforter.

Language: English, Japanese, Melanesian Pidgin-English.
My Mood: Cool
I believe my purpose is to overcome the major challenges and hardships in my life. And right now, SA is at the top of that list.

post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 06:52 PM
forever awkward

You really do just have to try new things. I found mine by reading books about self development that gave some very good advice. One bit of advice from a book I read was to "learn more about something this week you're curious about". So I did. I dove into some youtube tutorials about something I was only slightly curious about at the time and it unlocked my passion and purpose.

"Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success."

post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 08:13 PM
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperativeCreature View Post
To one day eat a peking duck.
Sorry, I couldn’t resist.
Attached Thumbnails
7FCC71D4-B06D-429E-9761-5700809A78C3_1541992349349.jpeg  
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-29-2020, 10:56 AM
SAS Member

Language: French/English
My Mood: Pensive
I'd say it depends on what your natural abilities are. What you interests are.
Sometimes, we get to like stuff we thought we'd never like before we tried.
I try to stay aware and wonder why some things were in my path and why I met this person and not someone else.
What gets your brain going active? What makes you feel emotion?
There are lots of answers out there, but it is a mix of it all.
just so you know, I'm still looking for it too.. so don't give up!
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-30-2020, 04:22 AM
SAS Member

I go compliant with dreamloss!

I prefer a more sober attitude regarding our existence. We come from nothing and will go to nothing. We are part of nature. A coincidence! I'm not part of some higher plan!

Nevertheless, would be sad if our time would be wasted!
If we find something useful or meaningful to do with our life and maybe enjoy life, it's a nice side effect!
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 01:34 PM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Scared
invent anti death and basic immortality please
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 02:39 PM
Narcissistic Rageaholic

My Mood: Brooding
Sometimes a life purpose finds you. I spent most of my life not having any real idea what I wanted to do. But then I found myself in circumstances that demanded certain kinds of solutions, and there was no one there to provide them, so I had to provide them myself. Solving those problems showed me that I had something to contribute that the world needed. So now that's what I spend my time on.

I would like to point out that I do not enjoy doing what I do, per se. I don't find my life's purpose "fun", and I wouldn't do it if I didn't feel that I had to. But it feels necessary, and I feel well-suited to the task. Some people are lucky enough to do exactly what they love; other people are forced to do things whether they want to or not; and some people haven't found or been forced to do anything in particular.

Beauty isn't everything. It's the only thing.
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 06:06 PM
Not like the other ducks

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I'm the villain in some people's stories. That seems to be what people need me to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 10:33 PM
Long Term Member

my purpose in life is to be depressed all the time.
post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 10:56 AM
Permanently Banned

My Mood: Scared
no point for all your purposes if dont invent anti death and immortality at first
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 12:33 PM
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Bashful
Thumbs up

Only The Good Die Young:

I trully believe that there is 2 sets of people on this planet, us meaning me losers. We don't have anything good that life offers and us losers people like me was also born with ugly faces and ugly bodies and mental illness, short changed in the mans department and that alone bothers me alot because i am not a total man. Then you got the people that god likes alot, they were given all of the good things that life has to offer. They can be models because they have good looking bodies, terrific smiles, no mental illness, muscles, body hair in the right places, was born with a over grown organ that almost wants to burst out of a guys pants and that is normal because all of the good guys have that, they are smart, good paying jobs, nice houses, popular with others, can make friends easily,and sounds to me that you are in that catagory with the good people the ones god likes and wants you to succeed in life.He will be there every inch of the way with you. He will help you every inch of the time you are on this planet. If you ask god for something he will give it to you. Losers like me and others god does not want to waste his time with us.Losers like myself are freaks of nature. With every good thing in life there is a bad thing, with every negative there is a positive, there are losers then there are the winners of life and that is you my friend. You are so very lucky to have god on your side. God has hated me since i started kindergarden and the present. Every day is a struggle for me.At night when i shut off the lights and get in bed after i take a small handful of my medication i think about the past all the time. I bet you have good parents to. I can't sleep at night because of me thinking about that there was a mistake when i was born. I had a sick family with incest and every member of my family have mental illness.My parents hated me, my stinky smelly nazi father always beat me with his fists. He poisoned my relatives,our tennants,our customers,my mom and a small handful of his friends he told everyone sick rumours and lies about me that was never true. I often thought about buying a handheld gun, don't worry losers will get killed another way like getting hit by a car/truck, natural causes. Anyway i want to say good luck to you my friend you will have a good life ahead of you.

Would Like 2 No U 2
Rico
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 12:43 PM
SAS Member

I know exactly what you are saying and how you feel because i have been sad and depressed my entire life. I have seen all types of professional therapy, pyscologists and physchiatrists and have taken all of meds. The medication has helped me alot but the talking at my appointments has nveer helped.

Would Like 2 No U 2
Rico
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 12:52 PM
SAS Member

Looking at you i can't believe you have mental issues that you are dealing with. You look so normal. My entire life i have always wanted to be pals,buddies/friends with an asian guy then i think to myself that asian guys would never give me the time of day.

Would Like 2 No U 2
Rico
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 01:17 PM
SAS Member

Language: English, a little Japanese, Java, C#, C++
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
I'm the villain in some people's stories. That seems to be what people need me to be.
Same.

The reality is there is no "purpose" in life -- if you need it then you have to construct it yourself. Do whatever you like, whatever you're passionate about, no matter what anyone else thinks or says about it. Life is short and in all likelihood there's nothing after. Nothing matters so do whatever you want.

"Sin" is an imaginary disease invented to sell you an imaginary cure.
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-04-2020, 06:39 PM
bipolar

I'm not sure life is supposed to have any purpose as such - life is what we make of it. Since my son was born he was my main "purpose" - his happiness and safety anyway. Now he's older I try and find other things to occupy myself with - my love of books for example or travelling to places I like.

My wife's well-being will always be a very high priority for me too - so I'd say that's a purpose, although I doubt that's probably the right word.
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-05-2020, 06:49 AM
📝📸🎬💾🎲⚾🚀⛰🍪💡

Language: '̸̼̩̑́̄͆̾͆̿́̕ṅ̶͒́
"We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different!" - Kurt Vonnegut

But the nice thing about purpose is you get to choose your own, and change it whenever you like. Try a few if you think you might like one.

Play The Social Anxiety Game

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.'" ― Kurt Vonnegut
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-10-2020, 09:57 PM
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!

Do stuff until something sticks?
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-10-2020, 10:03 PM
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!

And when something clicks...send it!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page