Goal setting in 2021. Let us set some goals in 2021 - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum
User Tag List

post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2021, 01:53 AM
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidBob View Post
Thanks Don

Peer support worker for older people with mental health problems. Hopefully I can do some good there
That sounds familiar - I'll be heading over right after this pandemic is finished mate.

But seriously, that sounds good Bob - I'm sure you'll be very good at that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2021, 04:44 AM
Narcissistic Rageaholic

My Mood: Brooding
Honestly, my only goal is to still be alive at the end of the year. Not sure how that's going to happen with the way things are heading, but my life's too insanely messed up to make any other goal practical.

Beauty isn't everything. It's the only thing.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2021, 05:09 AM
ssɐlƃ ƃuᴉʞool ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥ┴

My Mood: Cheerful
I'm in a pretty good place right now, I could stand to lose some weight and also fix my fence. I don't really have any goals though. I do plan on sleeping in though, that is my goal for tonight, a nice long *** night (well morning) of sleep. Goodnight all <3

(つ 𓎟)つ┳━┳

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2021, 09:38 PM
SAS Member

This year I want to:
1. Make friends
2. Attend more social events
3. Eat healthier
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2021, 02:20 AM
Alien

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
I don't have any goals that are realistically in my control at all. Like I would like to get 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours on my YouTube channel by late July (then I can requalify for partnership and they can demonetise all my videos :') anyway) I have 1000~ watch hours atm and close to 120 subscribers (I'm hoping to beat my YouTube record for subscribers too which is about 120 on another channel.) As I say this is almost entirely out of my control and up to algorithms. (Also tbh I've already gotten way past what I thought I would, until late December I had about 20 watch hours built up over several months just to show how random it is.)

I guess I'd like to improve the audio quality on my videos which isn't great atm. Going to try messing around with my recording device's settings (it's not a traditional mic exactly it's a Zoom H1.) I initially bought it for field recording/samples for music but when I was looking into it I did try to investigate whether it would be OK quality for YouTube in case I ever decided to get back into that, and people said it was. I don't know much about the technical side of audio though. I realised mp3 recording on this device is lower quality (and I was recording in mp3, there was a reason I was doing this but can't remember maybe some program I was using before,) so hoping that switching to wav helps and will have to try other stuff too. It's just something that I need to fix. Also I'm really awkward anyway because it's me and I don't have a charismatic personality, but yeah hopefully improving this will at least help. Also it was expensive and I don't want to spend more money on audio equipment right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube comment
Yet another man lost to irony poisoning, cynicism, hyper-self awareness and the inability to be sincere.

post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2021, 02:42 AM
Loathed Loiterer

If we're speaking of short term ones in this case...

Get started on a few creative side projects/hobbies I've long procrastinated for years.

Find an at least decent primary care doctor... yet again. Been several years of cat and mouse of this.

Try to figure out why my sister and dad cut off contact from me, and try to reconnect.

Find 2 more housemates to sublet for some side income.

What goes up, will inevitably come back down. Whoever you have to step on when you go up, you will be at their mercy when you go down.

The truth is strictly what the ones in power perceives it to be.

Enjoy any good things, even the little and menial ones, as you will never know what impending distresses could descend upon you in a moment.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2021, 02:58 AM

My Mood: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dino View Post
Find 2 more housemates to sublet for some side income.
I wouldn't think this would be all that difficult but then again, I think I'd be really leery of people I didn't know anything about. You must be either a very trusting person or very good at background checks.

/WYSD
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-29-2021, 08:58 AM
customusertitle

I'm not really in a position to set any goals. I don't think there's much I can do to make my life marginally better. I've had my worst nervous breakdown last year.

I think I'd settle for having 2 friends by the end of the year. I think it's possible for mentally ill people to have friends so it doesn't seem too impossible. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to ground my thoughts in reality without talking to other people.

Most people seem so alien though and vice versa, so it feels impossible still.

the truth may vary
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-29-2021, 11:31 PM
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!

Be awesome!
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-08-2021, 01:48 PM
SAS Member

1. Make a friend
2. Apply to graduate school
3. Learn how to express empathy/sadness for someone whose friend/relative just died
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-08-2021, 08:42 PM
SAS Member

I didn't make any this year. I did start going to the gym again when I was off during the Christmas/New Years time period and wanted to get back to that this year. But I've been working late often this year so far so that hasn't worked out as well as it hoped. Planning tomorrow night though.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page